• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Should be now.
We can still manage to salvage something this season. Knowing this club, we won't do anything.

NK86

I don't think we'll throw a new manager into this tough fixture list so Ole will get his chance to pull off an unexpected run of results.
I think that's the only thing which will save him for now, and our incompetent Board obviously.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
About the end of season at the earliest I bet.

Mainoldo

2024. When his contract runs out and we run out of expensive signings so there’s not point in managing us.

Von Mistelroum

Won’t be until after the season is over, possibly even into next season. They’ll want to give him all the time and confidence that they can unfortunately.

The Bloody-Nine

Shades of Mourinho's 3rd season. He should go now but we'll probably wait until January at the earliest.

If he wasn't a legendary ex player he would have lost the fans after the Europa League final.
If he wasn't a legendary ex player he never would have been appointed. He didn't get the job on merit.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He needs to go before the Liverpool game.

I somehow doubt the owners have the balls for that though.

PoTMS

Now a properly run club would go out and bring in a winner like Tuchel and turn their season around and win the Champions League. We are not going to do that.

Godfather

Shades of Mourinho's 3rd season. He should go now but we'll probably wait until January at the earliest.
Only difference is Mou downed tools as he wasn't backed in the market. Ole's brilliant performances come after being backed more than probably any manager in United's history.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I don't think we'll throw a new manager into this tough fixture list so Ole will get his chance to pull off an unexpected run of results.
I think it's quite the opposite. A new manager bounce may help us to get something out of the coming fixtures. Most importantly perhaps get out of the CL group stages and into the knock outs. League wise we have lost it.

caid

Make it a public vote, the only no's will be opposition posters.

Red Stone

100% of the 47 voters have voted for the sack at the moment. One joker has voted for both Yes and No.

Rhetorik

The coaches are still getting away with murder since Rui Faria left. Ole has to go due to his nepotism.

DickDastardly

Do you realize what that would mean for him financially? Even a guy who is probably set for life doesn't say no to a severance fee in the tens of millions of pounds.
How much do you value your face and integrity?

He probably is set for life. Probably even two generations down.

And he's a celebrated Manchester United player. Loved by millions.

He's gonna lose all that if he keeps up with this, and we all know he's not turning this around.

There's not gonna be a injury time winner goal from him this time.

So, yes, resigning is the way to go.
I'd say he would get a lot of respect from the fans.

Yakuza_devils

Every fecking small team easily outplayed us. All of them are actually deserve to win.

Today Leicester should have won by bigger margin.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Only difference is Mou downed tools as he wasn't backed in the market. Ole's brilliant performances come after being backed more than probably any manager in United's history.
If only Mourinho had been backed in the market after getting second and the Europa. Charlatans like Martial whom he wanted to sell still remain at the club and we are no better success wise.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Out now! We are not sentencing him to death. He is losing his highly paid job as coach of one of the biggest clubs in the world because he can’t get them playing good football after 3 years in charge.

It is not a hard decision to make. There are so many managers that would have these players putting in a better performance than that.

Make the change and stop looking foolish compared to our rivals. All of which have proper coaches who elevate the team.

Lebowski

You think so? I doubt the owner makes that decision. I'd expect someone like general manager at the club? I don't know the structure but I don't think manager is the highest position in terms of business in general.
It's relatively well documented. The last 2 managers have been sacked following a conference call between Woodward, Avram and Joel.

They aren't involved in the day to day decisions, but for big calls like pulling the trigger on the manager, they have the final say.

It's why managers usually hang on until they can't get top 4, because that's what the goal is for the Glazers, not winning titles.

I don't think there's any immediate possibility. It looks inevitable this will be his final season, but I don't see him getting the sack any time soon.

Von Mistelroum

Very true. If our owners had any sense they would see the writing on the wall and act early but I genuinely believe that even a complete humiliation vs Liverpool won’t matter a bit. Ole will be here until at least the end of the season and they’ll probably give him time next season too before acting.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he wasn't a legendary ex player he never would have been appointed. He didn't get the job on merit.
Nail on the head. The worst bit is that him being an ex-player is also being used to justify giving him more time before his eventual sacking.

Yakuza_devils

Since Ed is leaving soon, who is responsible to make the call to change manager? Murtough?

Hope someone with football knowledge that can clearly see we are going nowhere with Ole. Our style of play is so depressing. Ole also know how to talk a good game.

Abraxas

Maybe, but I'm not interested in Zidane. I don't see him as a Manchester United manager.

I would rather get the right guy in place than rush to a decision on the manager. It's better to have short term pain than make a long term poor appointment. Again.

Ibi Dreams

I said he should be given more time only a couple of weeks ago, but feck it. I think we're in horrible form and he could probably pull us out of it eventually like he has done before, but it's still not good enough. I don't believe he is going to win us the league ever, so yeah, might as well make the change now.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Very true. If our owners had any sense they would see the writing on the wall and act early but I genuinely believe that even a complete humiliation vs Liverpool won’t matter a bit. Ole will be here until at least the end of the season and they’ll probably give him time next season too before acting.
Nah. Player power will speak this time. Ronaldo is not here to pick up the Arsenal trophy.

hobbers

Sad thing is if the board hadn't been as monumentally thick as we know them to be with that unnecessary contract extension, Ole actually might have walked.

Now he's got fresh terms and a big juicy severence fee to hang on to there's no chance of that. I imagine to sack him now would be £15m+ straight into Ole's pocket.

siw2007

He's had the time and the money, now, in a season where Ole has to deliver, our season is about to unravel in October. If he can't get this talented crop of players to play well and defend well, then we need to find someone who can!

Status
Not open for further replies.