Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Conte likes older players so we will also have to get rid of whoever he signs too
Our current manager has already been signing the likes of Varane 28, Cavani 34 and Ronaldo 36 years old. I don't think it'll be a problem for us anyway.

Nevermind that I don't think this will happen. Conte signed Kante and Alonso and they're still playing with Chelsea.

Dookingham United

After the Liverpool game. If we concede 3 or more he's done.
But we won't. We will play counter attack football and probably even win the game.
The big teams are not the problem really, it all the other hundred of smaller clubs that have more passion.

He will go at the end of the season and we will have another 3 years of rebuild.

MrSingh2002

I feel like I’m at the point of giving up on Ole, but honestly can’t see us doing shit with the midfield we have whoever the manager is.

Our defence is also massively overrated, what is it now 19 games without a clean sheet? Pathetic showing from the players
I think you'd be surprised what a good manager could do with this squad.

We've been conditioned to think a manager that doesn't know how to rotate players in a big squad, doesn't have a real style of play, doesn't control the tempo of a match, doesn't win trophies when he should is good enough to be a manager at one of the worlds biggest clubs.

We need a better manager now. It's not that the playing squad isn't good enough.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
What needs to be done eventually also looks like it needs to be done immediately.
I thought he would last the season but we are beyond dreadful.
Buy out Ten Hag mid season if we have to. Ajax will kick up a fuss but we have to be ruthless.
Me and you both know, our board are anything but ruthless.

They'll dither and wait until it's inevitable, and we'll probably see Carrick/McKenna as caretaker. If it gets to that.

PoTMS

It’s good to see the caf agree with something for once, Ole has to leave. Everyone can see it.
The one positive from all this is that there's no more division between the fans. For once we are United.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'll always love Ole, but no amount of love can make him a good enough manager for us. There's no thought in our play and it just doesn't get better.

NWRed

I voted give him more time as I don't see an impressive alternative at the minute and if we can sort out central midfield in Jan or Fred and McTominay rediscover their form then things could look a lot better.

I have my doubts though, he's backed himself into a corner with the Ronaldo signing as we really need Cavani for his movement, energy and all round play but he has to play Ronaldo because it's Ronaldo, but Ronaldo can't/won't do those things for us. I also don't think he has the guts to do the other necessary thing and drop Pogba who can't function in a 2 man midfield in the PL and isn't the best option on the left of attack.

Given the problems at the minute I can't see him surviving the next 9 games, the thought of playing Liverpool and City with the porous midfield we have is frightening, we could see some cricket scores.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can't be changed I'm afraid. It won't really matter in the end since the Yes votes will still wind up in the high 90s.
Fair enough. I saw someone in the safe place thread assuming a poll would yield 70-30 split. That was as optimistic as expecting Ole to eventually become a top class manager.

UtdAgain08

Is Sir Alex willing to come out of retirement just for this season?
Even if it was an option I would hate to see it, a defeat or two and the man would be called a dinosaur and chased out.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
But we won't. We will play counter attack football and probably even win the game.
The big teams are not the problem really, it all the other hundred of smaller clubs that have more passion.

He will go at the end of the season and we will have another 3 years of rebuild.
Every team is a problem. He's been figured out. He only has one move. We are going to be underdogs at home to Liverpool.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He needs sacking and also the coaches. The 3 year experiment has failed miserably.
I really don’t think it has. Our squad is light years ahead of what it was when he took over.

It’s time to change, 100%, but I really hope the progress Ole made isn’t forgotten.

patch1

Past memories will win nothing.Sentimentalaty is no basis to building a title winning side.

Lebowski

Interesting. I would have thought there's somebody above the manager who is responsible for running of the club in general (Woodward?).

Like in production company, operations is key but Operations Manager has a General Manager and then there's the board. So in case of poor results, General Manager replaces the Operations Manager because otherwise his head will roll too.
For the day to day running of the club, that appears to be what happens. The Glazers are famously hands off and don't have the knowledge or ability to be heavily involved.

They haven't put in place the structure that a lot of top clubs have (which is similar to what you describe - a DoF overseeing all footballing areas and deciding on identity, appointments, coaches etc, with a head coach answerable to the DoF). What we have at United is opaque but it seems to involve a coaching team overseen by the manager, who has more control than most continental 'head coaches', answerable to the board, who (based on the last few sackings) are consulted and have the final say on the biggest decisions (like firing and hiring managers) and set the agenda and focus.

Waynne

It happened after Liverpool defeat with Mo. If history is to repeat itself, I am glad it is just 8 days away.
Looking at our defensive play and that absolute joke of a press we're going to get tombstoned by Pool next week.
But we're a club that reward mediocrity.

Canucantona20

Ole doesn’t have the pedigree to earn respect from the squad. He just looks out of his depth. He’s a nice guy but can’t lead a group of players we have now.

Laurencio

After today I would be surprised if this wasn't the end for Ole. Especially since we have to compete with Newcastle for a manager now. Thankful for what he's done, but you can't have that squad and lose that badly, you just can't.

SirAnderson

Interim really should have been all he was for us. Bruno has been the best thing about his appointment for us. Really not sure who we should go to for now, but it should be interim just the same.

Matthew84!

After the Liverpool game, not sure who we bring in though, Zidane won't want Ronaldo there, Conte plays a different type of football which would need a complete overall.

Okey

The only reason Ole should still be here tomorrow is that we haven't got a replacement yet. And if our heirarchy had a clue, they'd be lining up a replacement as we speak. It's been obvious for a long while we were going nowhere with Ole. Can't give what you don't have and all that. We've just been faffing around and wasting time.

DutchCruijff

Sack him now. Bring in Zidane.
Would Zidane join?

Hmmm, interesting question.

Don't think he's waiting for Juventus. They haven't much to spend and could have easily have joined this summer ahead of Allegri, but didn't.

Waiting for France post World Cup 2022/post Deschamps? Does Zizou really want international football coaching at such a young age and staying a year off? Possible, possible.

PSG? Again, would have joined this summer + he's from Marseille.

United? No connection to us, his English isn't strong, may have eyes elsewhere but Ronaldo + Pogba + Varane at this club.

It's interesting. Conte, however, I'm certain has his eyes on United and has us his #1 club.

Dan_F

Liverpool could be messy depending on the Atalanta game. I have an impending sense of doom given these are the first two games I’m going to since the pandemic started.

Okey

He'll always have my love and respect as a legendary player. That will never change. And my appreciation for the work he did steadying the shop as interim manager. Was never close to being good enough to be our substantive manager.

Cloud7

Of course we all know where the main problems stem, one just hopes those structural changes have been more than PR exercises and that now they are granting authority to people who aren't clueless. I would find it quite funny though if Carrick or McKenna was given the role, and funnier still if they did well for a few matches and then got it on a full time basis. And then I think I'd probably cry a bit.
Carrick and McKenna in as caretakers for the rest of the season before Southgate takes over officially in January. You can just see it happening.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would Zidane join?

Hmmm, interesting question.

Don't think he's waiting for Juventus. They haven't much to spend and could have easily have joined this summer ahead of Allegri, but didn't.

Waiting for France post World Cup 2022/post Deschamps? Does Zizou really want international football coaching at such a young age and staying a year off? Possible, possible.

PSG? Again, would have joined this summer + he's from Marseille.

United? No connection to us, his English isn't strong, may have eyes elsewhere but Ronaldo + Pogba + Varane at this club.

It's interesting. Conte, however, I'm certain has his eyes on United and has us his #1 club.
Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba, Martial, et al, would probably welcome him with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.