• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

The People's President
This is the problem with us. We are reactive and whenever we need a new manager, no outstanding candidates are available. Last season Tuchel, Poch, and Nagelsmann were on the move and we were nowhere in the picture. We have no plan other than to fully back a manager and give him time. Contrast that with City giving Pellegrini the boot when they were top to get in the one they wanted.

I think we'll just have to accept managers can get the sack after a couple of seasons.
Genuinely have no idea. It’s a fecking nightmare. We keep sticking with managers that clearly aren’t good enough while the ones who might be are snapped up by other clubs.

Conte’s done it at a few different clubs in different leagues. And Italy were great under him too. That’s impressive. He seems to be a bit of a tool though.
Conte will bore you. Rodgers would be interesting, Zidane would add some glamour, sadly I can't think of any quality long term managers.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Which makes it even more infuriating we've missed out an all the obvious choices that were available. Dortmund with Rose, Bayern with Nagelsmann, Chelsea with Tuchel.... All acted quickly. All we ever do is wait and watch when it's been obvious for a long time that Ole is nowhere near good enough.

Probably Ten Haag could be convinced. Plays se great progressive football with Ajax.
Oh yes. Good shout.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Zidane won't happen anytime soon. Ole looks very safe in his chair, perhaps that's why he's so kind-hearted on his overpaid players and they can still give such uninspired performances in a row.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Which makes it even more infuriating we've missed out an all the obvious choices that were available. Dortmund with Rose, Bayern with Nagelsmann, Chelsea with Tuchel.... All acted quickly. All we ever do is wait and watch when it's been obvious for a long time that Ole is nowhere near good enough.

Probably Ten Haag could be convinced. Plays se great progressive football with Ajax.

Or go and get Conte. Can't get worse.
I think Ajax would be convinced by boatloads of cash. Ten Haag seems the best option available.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
And I would say that they were all better than the previous manager, none of them were perfect and they all reached their limits but I wouldn't say that they were worse than their predecessors.
My dog would have been an improvement on Moyes and he's the most useless living being on the planet. Well, second most anyway.

I disagree with Jose being ahead of LVG. For me, he was the worst thing that ever happened to the club considering the sheer state he left it in. He won the Europa, sure, but LVG won FA cup. The difference between them is negligible in terms of prestige.

I personally don’t think anyone would be better, but I think there’s 2 or 3 out there now likely to be attainable who’d be good enough to title challenge with us

Same was true after Fergie, Moyes, LvG & Jose. We just didn’t get them for some reason
No more experiments (Moyes and Ole) or managers with a history of being successful (LVG and Jose) would be a start. We need to find one who is clearly on the up. As for that could be, I honestly don't know. I don't follow European football all that much.

stw2022

He isn’t a coach. He’s managed in Norway. The standard of coaching there is probably not much greater than amateur leagues here. The only job he got on his own merit outside he was a complete disaster at. At United he’s only there because he used to play for us.

If today he resigns and tomorrow every single job in the top two divisions in this country becomes available he does not get a single one. The most shameful thing any the whole thing are people who will have the bare faced cheek to claim they ever expected this to end any other way.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We said that after Moyes, then after LVG, then again after Jose.

We're just going round in circles.
It's true though, isn't it?

LVG was definitely an upgrade over Moyes, and José was definitely an upgrade over LVG. None of them took us back to glory, but to call them "upgrades" is certainly accurate.

Godfather

I think Ajax would be convinced by boatloads of cash. Ten Haag seems the best option available.
All theoretical though. I doubt he's even on our radar. I don't trust this club one bit to finally make the right decisions.

Ahmer Baig

Evra on Solskjaer: " You're the architect of your problems. On your resumption at the club, you sold the club top striker Lukaku without replacing him, instead you signed a defender and immediately gave him arm band (Captain)."

Evra: "You lost the control of dressing room from the day you gave Harry Maguire captain. It's not done anywhere in the world.

Evra: "Club football is different to national team, exchanging of arm band is based on seniority. Ronaldo left Man utd as the best player in the world, Madrid never give him even assistant Captain. Iker casillas left Real Madrid as Captain and Spanish Captain, FC Porto never give him Captain and so on."

Evra: “Maguire, the captain. How many years has he been at Manchester United? Just one. It shows that the club don’t have any leaders to win trophies."

Agree with Evra there?

DSG

I've been an Ole supporter since he came in. I felt (and still feel) that the Caf was way too critical. Like everything else in our society, there are polar viewpoints in the Caf about Ole.

I still maintain that Ole was precisely what we needed after Mourinho. He DID bring us back to our roots, he DID do a good job of building the squad, he DID bring back a certain amount of honor and prestige to the manager position at Man United. And finally, two consecutive Champions League finishes (3rd and 2nd), a first since SAF retired. He was unable to win us a trophy.

For those of you who are rubbing their hands together with glee at his demise, you disgust me. The way you have treated a club legend is despicable. Your unabashed joy at being "right" about Ole is not only sickening, it's actually wrong. We've had 25 managers in our history, and only 6 have won a major trophy. In fact, three managers have accounted for all but 5 trophies. It's hard to find a good manager. Even more depressing is seeing our fans happy when we draw or lose. You know who you are... please stop or just support another club. You aren't helping.

I do believe that this squad has "outgrown" Ole and the current coaching staff. Whereas before this season, I felt our squad was performing at the expected level , maybe slightly better, this squad should be close to the top of the league. I'm tired of watching us TRY to play out of pressure. Maguire and Lindelof were not prepared adequately today. Leicester wanted it more than we did. Those are leadership and coaching issues.

My guess is that the board will wait until this run of tough fixtures is over with, then make a move. It's comical that the Caf thinks we have a chance for Zidane. Even more comical that there are some here who don't rate him. I don't know who we will get, but I'm not optimistic with the current names.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Zidane would be a disastrous appointment.

Real Name

Carrick will get the job, we'll have a good run and he'll get a permanent spot.
Or we'll get Bruce.

Trequarista10

Carrick will get the job, we'll have a good run and he'll get a permanent spot.
Or we'll get Bruce.
Nah, we will do the classic one extreme to the other before that. So we'll get either a big name experienced coach, or an up and coming hipster favourite. But we'll get whoever is available when we finally let Ole go, rather than plan in advance and get the number one target. They will then fail, and then we'll go to another extreme. Someone to steady the ship. Probably Conte or Simeone in another 3 or 4 years time. They will have lost their edge, so they will fail. Then it will be we need someone who gets the club, and we'll get a former player.

Real Name

Nah, we will do the classic one extreme to the other before that. So we'll get either a big name experienced coach, or an up and coming hipster favourite. But we'll get whoever is available when we finally let Ole go, rather than plan in advance and get the number one target. They will then fail, and then we'll go to another extreme. Someone to steady the ship. Probably Conte or Simeone in another 3 or 4 years time. They will have lost their edge, so they will fail. Then it will be we need someone who gets the club, and we'll get a former player.
We didn't get a hipster favorite till now, so we might give it a chance. :D

SAFMUTD

Sadly, Ole is not good enough. But Zidane? Why on Earth would we appoint him? He's one of the best players ever. But as a manager, on what basis would he be the answer?!
Not a big fan of Zidane, but he surely has the credentials as a manager. 3 UCLs and 2 La Ligas. In 5 years as a manager, its an amazing record.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I love Ole and he’s done a great job of getting rid of some of the dead wood and steadying the ship but I think he’s taken the team as far as he can.

humdinger

I'm a optimistic person, naively so, but there's no chance he's going to get a grip on this and steer us towards the top. And with the money spent and talent available that's criminal. This is awful and he's got to go ASAP.

DarkDog

I have been Ole supporter through everything. Bad days and worse than bad days. But now is the time to change. I realize that we have a MASSIVE problem in dm area, but this is not good enough. Leicester result, yeah okay but. Young boys, west ham at home, villa at home. Usually the leicester game was the game where Ole saved his job. I just know that when he lost me, he is starting to lose the last 10% of the most dedicated fans. for me, this is it. and i knew it when the end started for LVG, Moyes and Mou. This is the end. But of course they will give him 5-6 more more until it's statistically impossible to get to CL and then sack him. It's done

USREDEVIL

I knew that after the next six games we'd be fecked and people would be calling for his head. But I didn't think it would start with a poorly performing Leicester. Rot started even earlier than I expected.

Trequarista10

We didn't get a hipster favorite till now, so we might give it a chance. :D
Yeah that's true. I'd love to see us have the cajones to back a young hipster manager, like the Ajax manager or whoever. I think generally they get snapped up before they reach the status level that our board would take a punt on them though.

sugar_kane

I'm at the point now where I feel like it's probably game over for Ole as United manager, but I don't think the abuse or name-calling is at all justified.

In fact this whole experience has made me think a huge chunk of our fans are cnuts to be honest.

largelyworried

My view all along is that Ole would make things better but not be able to make the last step to being true title challengers. Overall I think the club is in much better health than before he took over but his limitations as a manager have long since been reached. I kind of want him to fall on his sword since that means he’ll save a lot of face, and it’s obvious he’s going anyway. Don’t really want him to get sacked after a pasting by Liverpool or City in front of the home fans, would be a sad end.

Status
Not open for further replies.