• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Why would Zidane come here ?
He could easily come as interim until the end of the season if reports are true he's hanging out for the France gig. What's he got to lose? Varane, Pogba and Ronaldo would be 3 very good reasons. Absolutely no pressure on him. He makes us a force then he has something to think about. If he doesn't he walks.

Sanchez7

He isn’t a coach. He’s managed in Norway. The standard of coaching there is probably not much greater than amateur leagues here. The only job he got on his own merit outside he was a complete disaster at. At United he’s only there because he used to play for us.

If today he resigns and tomorrow every single job in the top two divisions in this country becomes available he does not get a single one. The most shameful thing any the whole thing are people who will have the bare faced cheek to claim they ever expected this to end any other way.
That is damming. Imagine how many clubs would be after the managers of other top clubs if they were to leave. I would bet on Bruce getting a new job before Ole does.

leeroy221

For me the issue is who to bring in. Zidane is a worthy shout and god knows we have the talent here to click and be successfull, but Zidane only has La Liga experience, inc. his playing days, so judgement is out.
Conte is the one who will give then the kick that they need IMO, although i am sure there will be upset along the way, Martial is one who i think would become a sulker and a problem. Conte also reportedly turned Spurs down as he didnt want to work with the youth, would that be a problem here?
Van Taag, great young manager, works with young players but no real pedigry apart from that one run in the UCL with a very good young squad, and Dutch league experience. Big gamble.
Blanc, out for too long IMO, could perhaps get a tune out of the French players or it could upset them and we have a disjointed, argumentative team like France in years gone by.
For me, as much as i dont want him, it has to be Conte.

pacifictheme

Well don't you think it's clear he is not going to succeed beyond what he has done last season. You still think we will win PL/CL under him in the next 2 years?
No I voted that he needs to go. Just a disastrous decision to start chatting about it being woke.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Ole in has tripled its vote percentage since the initial scores from just after FT. The comeback is on.

NK86

No I voted that he needs to go. Just a disastrous decision to start chatting about it being woke.
Yeah maybe went overboard. That performance really pissed me off. Loss is fine but we play like we are strangers in a park who don't care.

Revan

Assumptionman
Interesting. I don’t think he’s even any good at talking the talk.
There are people who still love him and think that in the past under him we played free flowing football and were a high press team (source: check Ole something has to give in thread). It is just based on his interviews on how we should do as the team and other talking bullshit, but we were bad under him the entire time. Just that now we have even better players, so the excuses of not having top players does not work anymore. However, we have had many awful performances like today during his entire spell here. Heck, we won 2 out of 15 points at the end of his first season, while being in a fight for UCL. Though mind you, we’ll go 1 out of 15 within two weeks, which is one point worse.

RazorOz

The problem is the people making the decisions don't have a clue about football. They think we were doing well during the international break because of our points tally relative to others, not realising that it's only because we'd had one of the easiest fixture lists in the league, while Man City, Chelsea had much tougher fixture lists. There's no-one in decision making at the club who seemingly has the ability to contextualise anything Utd do.

hobbers

If they think it's bad now wait until we're 12 or 15 points off the top before December

The it’s currently 92% in favour of sacking Ole now. The problem is a win next week will blind so many and lots will change votes to keep him and the cycle will keep repeating.

We could end up out of 4th then qualify for 4th in the last few games of the season and people will say “woow what a great achievement by Ole”

Unless if winning the league or making a genuine challenge is the only barometer this year as talented as this will always do something to give hope regardless of who the manager is.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why does the poll allow people to select both options?
To say that you love him but want him gone. Reminds me on time when Ole was hired. All of us who were thinking with head and not with the heart, knew that Ole is wrong choice. But back then, you could not write that like you can today. So every post against Ole was starting with "I love Ole but..."

YikesSchmeics

OLE HAS TO GO.. any club with any ambition sacks that worthless twat.. he wont get top 4. he wont get out of the group stage.. this seaon will be a disaster if we stick with ole.. HE HAS TO GO. its fecking pathetic
I'm fully in the Ole Out camp, but FFS, have a bit of respect

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Am still pretty sure he will walk tomorrow. He owes the club a lot. In fact everything he is today.

bonothom

Sack him now and bring in Zidane, Conte, Enrique, Ten Hag. I don't care. At this point I'd take Rodgers over him ffs.
I wouldn't take Rodgers but hes definetly tactically better than Solskjaer. I would like Ten Hag or Conte. Conte would have this squad seriously challenging within the next 2 seasons. The only thing is he'd probably want to be gone after that. A bit like Mourinho but nearer his peak than Jose was when he came here. .

slored1

Sadly, Ole is not good enough. But Zidane? Why on Earth would we appoint him? He's one of the best players ever. But as a manager, on what basis would he be the answer?!
Are you joking?? Won 3 Champions Leagues in a row, 2 league titles and knows how to manage egos. Perfect for us.

YikesSchmeics

I'm at the point now where I feel like it's probably game over for Ole as United manager, but I don't think the abuse or name-calling is at all justified.

In fact this whole experience has made me think a huge chunk of our fans are cnuts to be honest.

Couldn't agree more. The glory hunters who obly ever bought into the winning and the gloating, now showing themselves for what they are. Cretins. It's sad. The guy scored our greatest ever goal. He was a tremendous servant and he picked us up off the floor when he replaced the poison Mourinho.

He took us from garbage, full of shite players, to consecutive CL spots and building a pretty top squad. One that has raised expectations and put his tactical issues firmly in the limelight. And now his time is up. What is wrong with respectfully wanting him to leave. Frankly, I hope he resigns for his own sake.

He isn't the man for the next step. But any United fan resorting to abuse and name calling of Ole is a massive cretin tbh.

Reactions: Sultan

hobbers

Am still pretty sure he will walk tomorrow. He owes the club a lot. In fact everything he is today.
:lol: Why do people keep suggesting this.

He's not going to walk under any circumstance. The new contract means if the club sack him he'll have ~£15m in severance payment. If he walks away of his own volition he gets feck all.

bonothom

i will take losing the next 3 games to have him sacked.
I'm not even sure that would be enough to be honest. We'll limp on and it will be top 4 or the sack at the end the season. This club is not bothered about winning the title anymore not with these owners. As long as top 4 is achieved Ole will be fine.

KD6-3.7

It’s only gonna get worst. A well run club would sack Ole now while they can still salvage the season, the last club that did that won the CL.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
:lol: Why do people keep suggesting this.

He's not going to walk under any circumstance. The new contract means if the club sack him he'll have ~£15m in severance payment. If he walks away of his own volition he gets feck all.
As I said again he is what he is today because of United. So I hope against hope that he will be honest and decent enough to walk away. If he walks now still the bridges would not have been completely burnt between him and the supporters of the club. But what you are saying is probably the reality sadly.

roonaldo78

Carrick will get the job, we'll have a good run and he'll get a permanent spot.
Or we'll get Bruce.
I know this is sarcasm but would not be surprised at all if the likes of Carrick or Fletcher are given the job.

wolvored

Carrick and McKenna in as caretakers for the rest of the season before Southgate takes over officially in January. You can just see it happening.
I think the board might wait for Pocc end of the season

Nail on the head. The worst bit is that him being an ex-player is also being used to justify giving him more time before his eventual sacking.
I feel like this post being started by you an Admin will stop the Ole in coming on to tell us how “we should all go support City” “stop disrespecting Ole” “look at the SAF and how long he took” “the glazers let Ole down by forcing him to sign Ronaldo, Varane, Sancho” “the squad is rubbish”

Scholsey2004

I'm still a little reluctant to see him lose his job but if that happens we really need to shift to a more system based approach with patterns of play drilled in. Id be tempted to raid Dortmund for manager and coaching staff like Liverpool did a few years back as theyre so consistently effective, especially considering the fact they never get to keep their best players.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Would rather keep him then bring in Zidane.
If we where to fire him it would need to be for some one who could bring structure to our attacking play and turn this incredble group of young attackers we have into a great attacking unit.

Revaulx

We are an utterly ridiculous club, with a crazy board, awful manager and a religious cult of fans who worship the manager.

So likely, later rather than sooner.
The main reason LvG, for all his faults, has been far and away my favourite manager of the post-SAF era is because he’s the only one not to have had a weird cult following. There was just that lone Santiago Kinder chap.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Genuine question. Who would make this group of players title winners this season who is available?

SirMattlives

Stayed away from this til now as I knew the anger would be overwhelming, and for good reason, that was a truly depressing performance at the end. That said, I do think we need a measure of restraint. It’s still early days in the season, we’re not miles behind (though we deserve to be with the way we’ve played), I just hope we’re in a slump and this was the low point. Sacking Ole now might give some short-term satisfaction but without a clear plan it would be futile. What’s that old line about groups reorganizing themselves in the face of a challenge so they feel they’re doing something? Every noise we get from the insiders is that there is a long-term plan — they’re not great at sharing it and it can be hard to see the fruits of this in the way we‘re playing, but if there is a plan and process, we need to let it roll for bit before replacing Ole. If there’s a long term target now managing Ajax or PSG, fine, I would think there always should be a view of future that can see beyond the current coaching team, but I doubt we can expect the club to air this. The general anger here is also aimed at the apparently ‘thick’ board who people like to imagine are clueless etc but you can be sure that they are seeing what we‘re seeing on the pitch, I am hopeful that they also see a bit more. So I suspect the immediate term attitude is to see if we get through the group stage of the CL and how we play in next month or so of the PL. I think it will take a continuation of today’s level of play over that length of time for the board to do anything significant. And if we do get through to the knock-out stage and are within shouting distance of the league come December, playing in relatively coherent way, Ole will be seen to have weathered the storm. Lots of IFs, I get that.

I do look at the coaching team and wish we could add some nous there but that’s another discussion. Anyway, a poll about the manager after that game is about as reliable as a weather forecast. Today was dire, but we fight on and oh look, guess who’s coming to play next week….

ChorltonReds

I feel the Board and the hierarchy and the ex-players in punditry think it's woke to back the manager blindly without even acknowledging how fkng shite we are.
What on earth do you mean by 'woke' in this situation? Just utter nonsense. What do you think it means and how are you using it? Or you just think it's a catch all insult, and if so why? Solsjakaer should be fired cos he's not up to the job - but he won't be cos the people running the club are incompetent and don't know about football not because they're 'woke'.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Genuine question. Who would make this group of players title winners this season who is available?
This is my issue, but if the next few games go the wrong way, it will make his position untenable - regardless who can come in.

hobbers

86 opposition fans lurking on the boards, less than I thought.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
This is my issue, but if the next few games go the wrong way, it will make his position untenable - regardless who can come in.
I’m not sure it does. We add a DM next summer and we don’t get carved to pieces through midfield.

ChorltonReds

Solsjakaer is a United legend, and we're better off now than at anytime since Ferguson retired. The online abuse he gets is disgusting. But he's clearly not up to the job and needs replacing. I hate the 'but who is there argument' just cos there's no elite managers - almost anyone would be better right now. Personally Ten Hag for me, followed by Mancini, Potter (yes he's inexperienced), Enrique, Rose, Rodgers. I think Conte, Zidane and Southgate would be mistakes (Conte might win - but dour football). But Ole and Phelan bizarrely have new contracts and aren't going anywhere. Oh and signing Ronaldo is just going to hamper everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.