Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimo

Shaka Hislop on ESPN said it would be 2026. Lead up to that was that statement, they were saying this is the story of the last 3 years , the end is nigh and a big result and/or maybe a mini run. After which Ole will point to the progress but, work to be done and then we'll end up with another Burnley type result last season just as maybe there was hope that if we go on a run, we might achieve something to remind us why it's unlikely we will win anything under him. It's reliance on individuals having big moments rather than a recognizable consistent system of play.

Ole will have to really really say some nasty stuff about the Glazers before he gets the sack.

Water Melon

If we lose to both Pool and City, we are likely to be around 10th in the table. I doubt that the Glazers will sack him even then. Most likely towards the end of the season, the moment we are mathematically out of top 4.

croadyman

If we lose to both Pool and City, we are likely to be around 10th in the table. I doubt that the Glazers will sack him even then. Most likely towards the end of the season, the moment we are mathematically out of top 4.
Yeah that's how these yankee scumbags roll and this won't be any different at all

emperortan

the board care only about money and top4 (a CL spot), trophies for this club are not things they really wanted. We supporters need to act and express our desire. Rent a banner plane, please :P

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You do with owners as apathetic and unambitious as Utd have.

They have no clue or interest in actually creating and maintaining a decent football club.

They just want to scrape by if that’s what it takes.
I don't think that this is true actually. I think they do want success, I just think they don't have the right ideas, strategy etc to actually achieve success and won't find either because they are all football clueless.

yipthatman

This changes nothing for me. Still Ole out. The sooner the better. Nice win but papers over the cracks. Thanks for building the squad and all that but we really need a top manager now. Saying that, If ole want to go on and win the Champions league to prove me wrong I am cool with that :P

El General 1994

If we played every week like we did the second half 95% of this forum would be supporting Ole, but the reality is we don't. We've seen similar performances under Mourniho as well(3-2 vs Newcastle that kept his job for another month of prolonged misery)

I support Manchester United. I really do and that is the reason I want Ole gone.

I'm sick and tired of watching Moments FC pull out crucial wins not when we need to win something, but when Ole is on the chopping block.

Every fecking time when we are in the semis or finals, we don't see performances like these. But as soon as Ole is under pressure to lose his job, lo and behold we turn into prime SAF United.

I wouldn't mind this if my team actually played good football. But when looking at yesterdays 4-0 destruction of Borussia Dortmund by Ajax I'm reminded of what consistent good football looks like.

And then I'm being accused of not being a Top Read and "getting behind the manager and the team".

Well how the feck can I? I grew up watching SAF's Man Utd give 110% in almost every match and I know what our team is capable of. I know what a Top manager looks like. I know how a top team is supposed to play. I witnessed it with my own eyes. Ole is not a top manager. He will never be. Because of that he will never be able to set up Manchester United to play as a top team. It pains me to no end to see that my beloved Manchester United has literally turned into Liverpool from the 90's.

I want what's best for this team. And this team should be winning and be a top dog amongst Liverpool, City, Bayern, Real. We should be playing attractive balls to the wall football(have most of you lot forgot the 2006-2007 season?), not park the bus and hope we grind out a result against top teams.

For that reason I can't enjoy our win tonight. It's papering over the cracks of a severe illness we have in our club. That why regardless of tonight or Liverpool game for that matter, I want Ole and his mates gone.
Excellent post Sir. Or Madam.

Mike Smalling

These comeback wins changes nothing. Ole should be gone. We shouldn't be in a position to make these comebacks as often as we are - that's the real problem. Atalanta had two back-to-back chances when the score was 1-2 (when Lindelof got mugged), and if they had scored there, we probably don't win the game. Likewise, our wins against Wolves and West Ham could have been losses. There is far too much randomness in our results.

With our quality we are always going to win games from time to time. The issue is we can't string a series of wins together, because we don't have an approach to comfortably and convincingly wins game. That is on the manager.

Xk byno

Ole at the wheel....
He will never be sacked, cos the board and the old Trafford faithful believe that, he's gonna win the champions league, premier league and fa cup. So ole at the wheel till man utd becomes the old Newcastle, while the new Newcastle will be the old man utd.

OrcaFat

Yeah that's how these yankee scumbags roll and this won't be any different at all
If circumstances dictate, the board will sack him long before mathematics are needed, as they did with Mou. It might be a different set of circumstances but they won’t let sentiment or philosophy get in the way.

wolvored

I loved that 2nd half comeback, but we have too many of these and not enough comfortable wins. We won't always pull this off and as others have said, it's just papering over the cracks. For the first time in ages we have a strong squad of players, but an incompetent manager and his staff. We have a run of premier games now where we could be anywhere from top to 10th after them. We certainly won't be top, but I can't say I'm confident we won't be 10th.

Skills

Snitch
I still think he'll be sacked after City. Today was a great comeback but the fact still remains that everyone plays well against us and can easily put us in a difficult position. We can't possibly allow liverpool to have a 2 goals lead and expect to make a comeback.
I don't think we'd ever sack him after a game against Liverpool or Man City. It would be a bit of a sad way to end it.

Imagine, his last ever involvement at the club (as a player or manager) is an embarrassing defeat to a fierce rival. Would leave a sour taste all-around and stains his legacy.

I was hoping after the Liverpool game but I'm not so sure now. He has this incredible knack of getting a big result right when his head is on the chopping block. I could see him getting another flukey win against Liverpool and/or City and then we'll be stuck with him until the end of the season.

AneRu

I don't think we'd ever sack him after a game against Liverpool or Man City. It would be a bit of a sad way to end it.

Imagine, his last ever involvement at the club (as a player or manager) is an embarrassing defeat to a fierce rival. Would leave a sour taste all-around and stains his legacy.
Who works for who? Cause I am a bit confused, most have reduced the whole club to a vehicle for enhancing Ole's managerial or legendary status but we seem to forget that it is Ole who is the employee of the club and it is the club's interest that must always come first.

Skills

Snitch
Who works for who? Cause I am a bit confused, most have reduced the whole club to a vehicle for enhancing Ole's managerial or legendary status but we seem to forget that it is Ole who is the employee of the club and it is the club's interest that must always come first.
I know that. But I'm just saying that sacking him after a defeat by a fierce rival wouldn't be a good look for the club. If they are to do it, they'll do it a few games before or after it because of the optics of it all.

Liverpool spanking us into sacking Mourinho was acceptable, but them spanking us into sacking our club legend would be a bit of a horrible look.

LoneStar

Unless we get beat by big margins against Pool and City, can't see Ole getting the sack so soon. I think the result yesterday has brought him some time. The only way it would happen is if there was a severe frustration among the big stars in the dressing room, which is unlikely.

Now watch as we draw the games against both those teams and he keeps the job.

Ixion

I dont think losing to Liverpool and City is that unrealistic and then finding ourselves 10 points adrift or something but I imagine our CL run will sustain him. As long as we progress through the group he's safe till the knock-out rounds at least no matter how dire the league becomes.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Didn’t Mourinho mount a comeback from 0 2 against Newcastle only to be sacked after a pathetic display at Anfield the next game when he lamented about the 2 deflected Shaqiri goals ?

We have a diabolical fixture list and only a miracle can get us through honorably considering our form.

Skills

Snitch
Didn’t Mourinho mount a comeback from 0 2 against Newcastle only to be sacked after a pathetic display at Anfield the next game when he lamented about the 2 deflected Shaqiri goals ?

We have a diabolical fixture list and only a miracle can get us through honorably considering our form.
The Newcastle game was in October. He got sacked in December. It kept him in his job for a few months

Sviken

the board care only about money and top4 (a CL spot), trophies for this club are not things they really wanted. We supporters need to act and express our desire. Rent a banner plane, please :P
Problem is that this type of incompetency actually PREVENTS them from making money. When they inevitably sack Ole and his staff, whether it is now or at the end of the season, they'll have to pay them a very large bag of money. And why? Because they're utterly incompetent. Unfortunately, Ole's case is not the only one, as we've already seen. Them dithering on appointments and whether or not to sack the manager before all hope is lost for the season, unlike proactive owners like Chelsea or Real Madrid's always leaves us hanging, losing more money and losing any potential money they could have gotten as a result of getting a more competent manager in before the season is theoretically over and salvaging somehing from it, at least. Imagine if Roman persisted with Lampard till the end of the season. They would have never gotten another CL. That's not only accounting for the prize money, but it also incoming sponsorship money.

That's why I've always been the opinion that the Glazers are not only terrible owners in the football side of things, but also comercially they're atrocious. Many people here seem to think that on the commercial side we're doing well and what not, but are we really? Under the Glazers we've lost our leadership spot to Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern. This is unacceptable.

Kurton

Probably not this season. He'll be sustained by the Ole boom/bust cycle.
True. Only thing missing is we got ousted from League Cup, Ole could've picked up some easy wins against poor sides from League 1 or so. That would've given the Ole boom/bust cycle a bit more sinusoidal shape and kept him more comfortable till we met someone decent in later stages. Alas, we got West Ham early on.

OleBoiii

I wonder how this poll would have looked if it was posted today rather than right after Ole's possibly worst game in charge. I have no doubt that the majority in here wants him out, but there's no way it's almost 90%.

Then again, a lot of good posters have stopped reading the football forum because of all the toxicity, so it may actually be true :p

Tony247

Era of SAF and Wenger is gone. I wish our board be as ruthless as Chelsea. No harm in regular upgrade, be it manager or players.

emperortan

Problem is that this type of incompetency actually PREVENTS them from making money. When they inevitably sack Ole and his staff, whether it is now or at the end of the season, they'll have to pay them a very large bag of money. And why? Because they're utterly incompetent. Unfortunately, Ole's case is not the only one, as we've already seen. Them dithering on appointments and whether or not to sack the manager before all hope is lost for the season, unlike proactive owners like Chelsea or Real Madrid's always leaves us hanging, losing more money and losing any potential money they could have gotten as a result of getting a more competent manager in before the season is theoretically over and salvaging somehing from it, at least. Imagine if Roman persisted with Lampard till the end of the season. They would have never gotten another CL. That's not only accounting for the prize money, but it also incoming sponsorship money.

That's why I've always been the opinion that the Glazers are not only terrible owners in the football side of things, but also comercially they're atrocious. Many people here seem to think that on the commercial side we're doing well and what not, but are we really? Under the Glazers we've lost our leadership spot to Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern. This is unacceptable.
That's why Manutd is so different nowadays. A giant club standing awkwardly amongst others with such strange philosophy of leadership, which ex players and some fans call "this club's tradition". Make no sense, at all. The only tradition of this club is "titles challenger", demanding this club to change to adapt in new era of football.

Last edited:

Flytan

Why are you worrying about his legacy? I'd say it epitomizes it.

tomaldinho1

I wonder how this poll would have looked if it was posted today rather than right after Ole's possibly worst game in charge. I have no doubt that the majority in here wants him out, but there's no way it's almost 90%.

Then again, a lot of good posters have stopped reading the football forum because of all the toxicity, so it may actually be true :p
Probably even worse for Ole. That's the first win I can remember when even the pundits are downplaying the win and focusing on the negative performance, this isn't some small angry minority on the caf (albeit many posts could use some QC i.e I saw someone say they hated Ole) it's the majority of United fans, including his mates who usually shield him on tv. Just to pre-empt the usual 'but the match going fans are behind him' etc. most United fans don't even live in the UK, most don't even live in Europe, the Glazers don't care what 75,000 (and that's generous given most match going fans I know are done) people out of 660,000,000 globally think. Liverpool feels like it's his Waterloo, I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

MichaelRed

No. He got third in his first full season and second in his second full season. He has done good so far. I don't like how toxic football has become over the last few years.
Rather be toxic winners than nice guy losers. 66 points to finish 6th and then finished on 66 points again to finish 3rd despite huge investment. Everyone bangs on about progress as if we gained 15 more points ffs. Then after 400m he gets 74 points, 7 less than Mourinho's 81 point 2nd place that everyone wanted him sacked for. We shouldn't keep rewarding failure.

Flytan

Hopefully most posters aren't as red-tinted as you and would still note that we fell behind a team missing 5 starters at home 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.