Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRon1985

Never seen Nepotism like this at any club at any level. We all like to blame the non football people a lot but the football people are even a bigger problem at this club. From Sir Alex to Fletcher to ole to neville in the media, they all are part of this huge mess. Nepotism runs at this club to the very core where all of these people care about their mates more than the fans and club itself. We have seen one idiotic decision after another at this club for a long time based on favouritism and nepotism rather than merit. From appointing moyes to carrick to Fletcher to ole to playing favorites like mctom to criticising everyone but the English contingent. This whole nexus works like a machine where they take care of themselves whereas us fans are nothing but pawns who are only useful for romanticism and nostalgia to keep the status quo.
You nailed it! Jobs for the boys always ends in tears......

red4ever 79

I can believe the reports of players being upset that Ole sticks with out of form players and others don't get a look in. Hopefully the players aren't fighting amongst themselves too much though, would be a bit toxic for the next guy. Ole has brought it on himself though, his use of the squad is cowardly, if you think half the squad isn't good enough then you've done a shit job putting it together.
Was always gonna happen. You cant assemble a squad of 20+ players, tell everyone you have a large squad, but then use the same players week in week out, despite injury and poor form.

Woodzy

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. If your management isn’t good then during clear the air meetings, you will have strong opinions. Leaks can happen from any fringe player who isn’t happy Donny van de Beek. These opinion don’t get printed when your team is performing well but doesn’t mean they are not shared during those times
Fixed

MUFC OK

:lol: this is beyond a joke right now. What an utter farce
Not hard to imagine, in fact entirely believable. The fact Ole is a yes man is well known. If this is the case how can we ever hope of securing a top manager? We are well and truly f*cked.

CallyRed

I mean anything written about us at the moment and people will believe

Ole sleeps nude in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him fantastic powers

MUFC OK

Never seen Nepotism like this at any club at any level. We all like to blame the non football people a lot but the football people are even a bigger problem at this club. From Sir Alex to Fletcher to ole to neville in the media, they all are part of this huge mess. Nepotism runs at this club to the very core where all of these people care about their mates more than the fans and club itself. We have seen one idiotic decision after another at this club for a long time based on favouritism and nepotism rather than merit. From appointing moyes to carrick to Fletcher to ole to playing favorites like mctom to criticising everyone but the English contingent. This whole nexus works like a machine where they take care of themselves whereas us fans are nothing but pawns who are only useful for romanticism and nostalgia to keep the status quo.
By the time Liverpool went for Klopp and finally emerged from the flames, the nepotism had dissolved and they were handing over the keys - barely a murmur in the media, no influence from legends, they had exhausted that option. We seriously need to follow suit, cut ties with the past and come into the modern day - or this mess will continue indefinitely.

A top class manager is far better placed to take us where we need to be than a consortium of SAF, ex players etc. Time to start afresh, but I worry that whoever comes in will have their hands tied - seems we aren’t done with this failing approach just yet.

buchansleftleg

These sort of "clear the air" conversations that are being reported can be a positive, but only if people genuinely move on and change their approach.

If Ole has a real epiphany and realises he needs to draw strength from his squad, rather than going with the same players regardless of form or injury he could turn it around.

However I suspect it's too late to make such a change now, even if he is minded to. His job is on the line. He now "knows" those players who mistrust his approach and he will not use those players in the next 3 games.

I suspect we can probably all pick the team he will put out at spurs, barring injury. Sadly Ole has reached his limits as a manager. It's time to move on.

Mcking

Last 10 games at Manchester United

Won:
Moyes 5
LVG 7
Mourinho 4
Ole 4

Lost:
Moyes 4
LVG 2
Mourinho 3
Ole 5

Goal difference
Moyes +7
LVG +5
Mourinho +1
Ole -4

Robbie Boy

Fully agreed. Now tbh, not to enthusiastic about Conte, but Ole needs to leave now

The way the club has handled it is beyond pathetic though. Complete silence for 24 hours, where they leave Ole in limbo, and completely strip him of any authority he might have had left, while the press is feasting on our misfortune...

And then they end up doing nothing
Aye, I'm far from sold on Conte. The fact he seems to be the only viable candidate - because he's available - shows yet again, how poor our club is with continuity/succession planning.

The whole debacle since Sunday has been utterly embarrassing for the club, and the whole '3 games to save his job' rhetoric, is beyond ludicrous.

wolvored

Well if Jose scarred them lets hope this jobs for the boys does as well. Hopefully the penny will drop this time, but I wont hold my breath.
I am clinging to the fact hes staying is to give them time to persuade a top manager to join, as not one of our coaches is competent to take the reins for a game or two.
Pocc, not my ideal choice, would be a massive step up. Potter would have us playing a lot better. So would Rodgers. Ten Hag, everyones favourite, even Conte, pragmatic but a winner. In fact most of the Premiership managers would have us playing better than the shit show we have seen this season.

Steve 007

Aye, I'm far from sold on Conte. The fact he seems to be the only viable candidate - because he's available - shows yet again, how poor our club is with continuity/succession planning.

The whole debacle since Sunday has been utterly embarrassing for the club, and the whole '3 games to save his job' rhetoric, is beyond ludicrous.
The problem is relatively simple, the 3 best managers in the world Pep, Klopp and Tuchel manage our rivals. Wether we like him or not he’s the only viable candidate and also already beaten both Klopp and Pep to a PL title. Yes I know he’s not our ideal coach but let’s not pretend he’s not a serial winner. A few years back broke the PL amount of wins record too.
Everybody we try to get is a risk, but he’s the proven winner of the bunch.

midou

But this has been so obvious, remember after the super league announcement Ole was defending the Glazers outside Carrington, then after it became obvious this crap is not gonna pass they used him again:

"I've been communicating with the owners," he said. "I've got an apology, personally, and they've apologised to the fans when this [Super League plans] came out.

"It's a difficult position for me to be in because I've got to focus on the football.

"I've always had a good relationship [with the owners]. They listen to me and they do listen to the fans. I'm sure there'll be better communication coming."

Or does anyone remember Carrick in 2018:

"I think the Glazers have been great owners. Couldn't really ask for anything more. They throw some money out there for transfers and have never interfered."

Mourinho and Conte are people who are not gonna put up with amateurs like Woodward telling them who to buy etc. They are going to expose the clueless leadership.

I am now convinced Fletcher is the same as Carrick and Ole and this is why he's a "technical director" who is pictured on every training kicking it around with Ronaldo rather than actually doing anything a technical director should like overseeing of the club's playing philosophy, the academy, the training ground, player contracts and the recruitment of both players and coaching staff.

OleBoiii

Last 10 games at Manchester United

Won:
Moyes 5
LVG 7
Mourinho 4
Ole 4

Lost:
Moyes 4
LVG 2
Mourinho 3
Ole 5

Goal difference
Moyes +7
LVG +5
Mourinho +1
Ole -4
I'm not claiming that Ole still deserves to keep his job, but there is a clear difference between the situations.

Moyes:
Only 3 or 4 games left to play and top 4 mathematically impossible. He would have been sacked regardless of form.

Van Gaal:
Season already over. Failed to get CL football. He would have been sacked regardless of form.

Mourinho:
17 league games played and 11 points behind top 4. On top of this he had been sulking for half a year.

I don't think it's likely that we challenge for the title(or the CL) now, but from a statistical point of view there is a big difference between 9 and 17 games.

Newtonius

Absolutely cannot wait for this guy to go im sorry i love him as a player but he has made watching football for me thoroughly miserable for at least a year, but in reality more like two, because it was obvious if he wasn't who he was he would have been out of the door in the utterly dreadful period prior to Bruno joining, only to then have to suffer his presence even further due to Bruno saving his job week in week out all while having to read all about the progress the club is making in the press and the fracturous arguments between the rational fans and the romantic fans too.

feck sake this club cannot hire another club legend again its completely screwed us, Pochettino was available during that period, Nagellsmann was available, Tuchel was available etc and the club is now in a position where its a gamble on someone like Ten Haag or a manager that is a dramatic shift from Ole in Conte who really doesn't fill many with confidence.

Steve 007

Theres a lot of Glazer bashing here and rightly so. But this summer they did what Ole asked for. I see SAF logic in giving him one chance to turn it around. I don’t think he can but I hope I’m wrong. A lot of comparisons are being made to that 0-5 loss to Newcastle our 3rd in a week, but the difference was SAF had the history to back it up.

Ixion

I'm not claiming that Ole still deserves to keep his job, but there is a clear difference between the situations.

Moyes:
Only 3 or 4 games left to play and top 4 mathematically impossible. He would have been sacked regardless of form.

Van Gaal:
Season already over. Failed to get CL football. He would have been sacked regardless of form.

Mourinho:
17 league games played and 11 points behind top 4. On top of this he had been sulking for half a year.

I don't think it's likely that we challenge for the title(or the CL) now, but from a statistical point of view there is a big difference between 9 and 17 games.
If you look at Mourinho's 3rd season, the win/draw/loss of the opening 14 games or whatever we're up to now all comps it's basically identical to this season. So do you leave it to Christmas again or act sooner before it becomes too toxic.

NoLogo

As someone who practically became interested in United because of Ole I always wanted him to succeed here and at first I was positive about his impact on the team. But the team also was at a total low point after Mourinho and of course it only could go up. One thing that already worried me after a couple of months was that there was no clear way we were approaching games recognizable though. I never felt there was a clear style of play visible with us and that in my view is a worrying sign. We lived too much of moments of individual brilliance and pretty much every other team we met weak in and weak out looked more structured and better drilled than we did. I'm not quite sure what the turning point for me was when I realized that he ain't got what it takes to mold this squad into a balanced and well organized unit but I'm firmly there at the minute. He and his staff aren't good enough to make us a top team again.

Spoony

The People's President
Exactly why we need a footballing CEO like VDS who can filter bullshit and stand up for what he believes rather than a money man who knows feck all about the sector he’s in
I still can't believe we've essentially got accountants in charge of the biggest football institution in the world.

Devil’s Trident

Manchester United , An institution like no other, A club like no other, Having a history and a fanbase like no other, been run to the ground by its hierarchy which can be divided into 2.

Non footballing people( the Owners, CEO’s, Directors etc) who are only interested in money.

Footballing people who are primarily interested in taking care of their mates.

And the hodgepodge and cocktail of these 2 is what you are seeing today.

No one and I mean no one thinks only and only about the club and it’s fans. We are the only people who are hurting. We aren’t millionaires. We don’t have lavish lifestyles. Manchester United is all we have other than family and friends in our lives. We don’t gain from our club anything materialistic. We just love our club unconditionally and put whatever money we can afford into the club we follow just to see our club run properly and be competent in return. And this is what we get.

Von Mistelroum

It’s pretty shocking to see a club of our stature (waning as that may be) stick with a manager after the kind of humiliation that our side of old might have inflicted on the likes of Ipswich.

Liverpool, our most bitter rivals, cantered to a 0-5 win at our ground, relaxing after the 5 goals and playing the rest of the match as a friendly in first gear so as not to completely humiliate us and our hapless manager…presumably because their own Manager sees such humiliation as bad sportsmanship.

After such an embarrassing loss (with a squad worth hundreds of millions let’s not forget), clearly losing the dressing room, being a figure of fun in the media and being the darling of opposition fans everywhere, how can Ole keep his job? Because the root problem at the club is that nobody really has a clue. They have a lot of money and the club has a lot of history but there’s very little in the way of football knowledge. Only business sense. Oh, and Ole called his dad to come and tell them how great he is!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Exactly why we need a footballing CEO like VDS who can filter bullshit and stand up for what he believes rather than a money man who knows feck all about the sector he’s in
I agree. There's something about VDS, there always was even as a player. An integrity and maturity that made him stand out from other players and by all accounts it seems he does a very good job for Ajax. I know I'll get shouted out for wanting yet another ex-player having a senior role but I do like the links to past glories when done correctly.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I still can't believe we've essentially got accountants in charge of the biggest football institution in the world.
It’s the age old problem that’s not being masked again by the team form. Ole and his team rightfully getting grief but the problem runs deeper.
i think we all know deep down that Murtough and Fletcher are to keep the fans quiet. I can’t believe that they would have the same impact as a VDS

Status
Not open for further replies.