• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

When are you going then?

Never known someone claim to lose interest in something but spend so much time still waffling on about it.
Well Saturday will be a true test of whether I can feel passion for this club again as it's a derby, hate feeling like this but just seeing an ex player turned manager waste away one of the best squads in years is hard to stomach

bonothom

The treatment of VDB is a disgrace. He comes on with 4 minutes to go and nearly snatches the winner. The guy deserves game time.

croadyman

Absolutely man, this result and the spurs game feel like losses and I can't shake that feeling at all. At this point its evident he's untouchable and it's equal parts depressing and maddening.
Yeah this is even worse feeling than under Moyes, LVG or Jose because his status blinds our decision making, at least with those guys you felt that our board were not influenced by anything but this is just a feeling of total limbo. How could our board have such a wussy attitude to Conte as the manager and quite frankly it makes me feel sick. The trouble is they are so burnt by the Mourinho experience that they saw both of them as the same character.

Hawks2008

Yeah this is even worse feeling than under Moyes, LVG or Jose because his status blinds our decision making, at least with those guys you felt that our board were not influenced by anything but this is just a feeling of total limbo. How could our board have such a wussy attitude to Conte as the manager and quite frankly it makes me feel sick. The trouble is they are so burnt by the Mourinho experience that they saw both of them as the same character.
It's clear they want someone they can keep under their thumb. Both Tuchel and Conte have had spats with boards in the past and the club was happy to let them slip away, because Ole is their perfect yes man who knows he will never have a chance in a top league again. It's even more telling that the board prefer the likes of Poch, Rodgers, Potter etc. who won't rock the boat either because it's a bigger opportunity than they've ever had. It's bad enough the people running the club are incompetent and promote cronyism, but as you say they are cowardly on top of that and it's fecking disgusting.

HailtotheKing

Even if we get knocked out of the CL again this year (could happen, Villareal and YB will both be looking for points against us) and get hammered by City he still keeps his job. Barring a takeover he’s here aslong as he wants the job
If we lose heavily to City he is surely gone. Don’t think fans would take a beating at the hands of both rivals a week or so apart.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
If we lose heavily to City he is surely gone. Don’t think fans would take a beating at the hands of both rivals a week or so apart.
[/QUOTE]
If fans had any say in the matter then he would have gone long back. Trust me even if we lose 8-0 to City the match going "real fans" will be singing his name and taking selfies in the parking lot post match.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I was very happy Ronaldo scored. I don't want us playing Europa League. The likes of Ronaldo, Cavani and Vatane are bona fide elite players. It's would be proper embarrassing that these players join the great Man Utd to end up in the Europa League.
However, the goal also felt like on more cut in a slow death of a thousand cuts. I pray to God he's gone by the international break and we would have been able to convince a top coach to break his contract . I have mentally checked out. It's hard to believer but we were meant to be challenging this season.

NK86

I was very happy Ronaldo scored. I don't want us playing Europa League. The likes of Ronaldo, Cavani and Vatane are bona fide elite players. It's would be proper embarrassing that these players join the great Man Utd to end up in the Europa League.
However, the goal also felt like on more cut in a slow death of a thousand cuts. I pray to God he's gone by the international break and we would have been able to convince a top coach to break his contract . I have mentally checked out. It's hard to believer but we were meant to be challenging this season.
Who can we possibly get now? The one really excellent available manager has once again gone to our rival. Zidane doesn't seem interested. Who else do we have to bring in? He really has made a deal with the Devil. No way is he being sacked anytime.

Siezard

What an exciting game last night. From 3rd place rise back up to 1st place. It's like fighting a relegation battle and we survive with the highest number of points.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Who can we possibly get now? The one really excellent available manager has once again gone to our rival. Zidane doesn't seem interested. Who else do we have to bring in? He really has made a deal with the Devil. No way is he being sacked anytime.
Our next coach doesn't have to be out of contract. Pay whatever it takes to get them here.

Drizzle

The Conte Plan B has left the building now though. There is no obvious caretaker option, nor can we prise away our main targets (Rodgers or Poch) mid-season.

Basically we can lose 7-0 to City and Ole will still be safe. Never have I seen a man so mediocre being kept afloat by sheer luck and other people's incompetence.

padzilla

Hipster
Remember folks we're not interested in winning the league or CL, or any trophy for that matter, it's about keeping the relationship between the board and team as cozy as possible, which means keeping Ole Gunnar Southgate at all costs. The last thing we want is some proven winner coming in who has no respect for "The United Way" and expects the team to start getting results.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
... the board prefer the likes of Poch, Rodgers, Potter etc. who won't rock the boat either because it's a bigger opportunity than they've ever had...
How has the opinion of Pochettino fallen so much? I always thought he was the perfect coach? Feck, everybody clamoured for him 2 years ago. Can someone please enlighten me?

Eriku

It's clear they want someone they can keep under their thumb. Both Tuchel and Conte have had spats with boards in the past and the club was happy to let them slip away, because Ole is their perfect yes man who knows he will never have a chance in a top league again. It's even more telling that the board prefer the likes of Poch, Rodgers, Potter etc. who won't rock the boat either because it's a bigger opportunity than they've ever had. It's bad enough the people running the club are incompetent and promote cronyism, but as you say they are cowardly on top of that and it's fecking disgusting.
Interesting. And how is it that you know the board’s preferences?

Micky Targaryen

Does it only take a heavy loss to City for him to face the sack? How about a regular 2-0 loss to City? His job will still be safe yous reckon?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Is he not getting any credit for installing great character in the team? We have pulled that out the fire today after a bad mistake by DDG and then a real mess by Bailly/Maguire /DDG. That’s a massive point and places us in a good position
No he fecking isn't.
His job is to win matches

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This team is massively underperforming… Solskjær is the luckiest manager ever.. keeps getting bailed out by Ronaldo or individual brilliance from the players…. Will a normal loss to city get him sacked during the international break? Or will it have to be a smashing like liverpool? We can’t keep performing like this and expecting players to pop up with something. We don’t even play like a team… get in a new manager over the international break and you never know we could go on a run in the champions league like Chelsea did when they replaced lampard. Let’s save this season!

largelyworried

Does it only take a heavy loss to City for him to face the sack? How about a regular 2-0 loss to City? His job will still be safe yous reckon?
I would say so. There’s no alternative who looks available. Last week Conte was around, and even if the Board were scared of him, he couldn’t be ignored. But now the alternative is probably a caretaker til the end of the season. Unless things get so bad that basically having no manager at all looks better, I think he’s here til the end of the season minimum. So a narrow defeat against City probably won’t tip scales.

ShinjiNinja26

Surely a defeat to City and he’s out the door. He was given 3 games to prove himself and if we end up with a win, draw and a loss that’s not exactly a massive upturn in form that indicates you should remain in the job.

Micky Targaryen

I would say so. There’s no alternative who looks available. Last week Conte was around, and even if the Board were scared of him, he couldn’t be ignored. But now the alternative is probably a caretaker til the end of the season. Unless things get so bad that basically having no manager at all looks better, I think he’s here til the end of the season minimum. So a narrow defeat against City probably won’t tip scales.
So basically this season is written off. Again. Not sure how many clubs can write off their season before Christmas. Another classic milestone by Ole.

padzilla

Hipster
When did football clubs only hire managers who are out of work? I know it's the Glazers' preferred model because it saves a few quid, but if we're keeping this clown on because nobody they fancy is out of work then they are an even bigger bunch of cretins than I first feared.

Highfather_24

The Conte Plan B has left the building now though. There is no obvious caretaker option, nor can we prise away our main targets (Rodgers or Poch) mid-season.
If we end up getting Rodgers/Poch for more money than Conte, that would just be the icing on the cake.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When did football clubs only hire managers who are out of work? I know it's the Glazers' preferred model because it saves a few quid, but if we're keeping this clown on because nobody they fancy is out of work then they are an even bigger bunch of cretins than I first feared.
I do not think the managers we are after would agree to leave their club mid season.

AndySmith1990

I'm starting to feel numb towards it all tbh, as if the results aren't particularly important at this point and I'm just waiting for him to inevitably sacked so that we can move on and make some real progress; not fake progress based on simply spending money in the transfer market without any tangible improvements beyond that.

Whether we win, lose or draw to Spurs, Atlanta and City makes no real difference. We all know we'll finish the season without any trophies and we all know the best we have to look forward to is finishing 4th, just so that we can qualify for a competition we have zero chance of winning with the current manager, and in fact a competition we're most likely to get knocked out of at the first hurdle should we draw a semi-difficult group. Around and around we go.

tomaldinho1

How has the opinion of Pochettino fallen so much? I always thought he was the perfect coach? Feck, everybody clamoured for him 2 years ago. Can someone please enlighten me?
There’s a weird section of the fan base who will never forgive him for being so heavily linked when Ole was struggling (guess what, he’s still struggling) and have decided he’s a serial bottler.

tomaldinho1

Okay: Yes, this season is really underwhelming. But people who say that Ole is a bad manager are just plain wrong. He might not be the right guy anymore. He might not even be a top manager, but for fecks sake, have some respect. The last two seasons, he came in 3rd and 2nd. That's not nothing.

So for the love of god. Stop behaving like children and have some perspective.
Poor sweet summer child. It’s the hope that kills you.

Red Star One

Oh I think you underestimate some that would still remind us that Ole is a club legend so he deserves a shot to finish the season and also do you remember how miserable we were under Jose?

Swedish_Plumber

Im definitely ole out, but it’s depressing the sheer number of people who’s blame is firmly squared at him and nobody else. This club is rotting and calling for Oles head does not guarantee the clowns upstairs finding someone capable of making the most of our squad.

We all say things in the heat of a match or in the moments after it finishes about players and the manager, that’s just football. We’re clearly not good enough. However it’s been 8 years of clueless leadership and there’s no sign it’ll get any better with the next appointment. There isn’t a plan, it’s just wing it and see.

Football doesn’t matter to them, we’re just a commercial Avenue designed to get the most out of us every year to pay their dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.