Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

minoo-utd

So still no news from the club and it’s like nothing ever happened. How on earth can this be! I really wish to see fan protests or any serious reaction somehow.

Cloud7

One of the many lessons we can learn from this failed project is to never hire a club legend ever again unless they’ve proved themselves capable of winning trophies at the highest level before hand. It’s far too messy.
Rooney could win the league and CL double with Derby and I still wouldn’t want him as manager. It’s too difficult if things go bad at a club dominated by sentimentality like ours. I simply hope we never hire another club legend as manager again regardless of how well they’ve done.

Plassryss

It’s far too quiet today which leads me to think we’ll hear nothing tonight regarding his sacking.
Look: United is a listed company, any news regarding the manager position will not come before one hour prior to the opening of the NYSE. That is half past 2pm uk time.
Given there is nothing about it, my guess is that Ole is done.

HarryP

It’s far too quiet today which leads me to think we’ll hear nothing tonight regarding his sacking.
Means absolutely nothing.

The club came under savage criticism over how they handled the sackings of Moyes and LVG, with both finding out through the press.

The Mourinho sacking wasn't briefed beforehand, it just happened.

I expect Ole to be the first one to find out he's been sacked, and then an announcement by the club. And it would be better to be done in person on Monday morning, as was the case with Mourinho.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Starting to think the same. Had the look and sound of a man who knew he was gone post match but you'd expect a sliver of a leak by now. The more 'in the know' guys seem to suggest nothings happening
I felt opposite. He was in post match interview so confident that he is staying so i presume that he knows that he has full backing for now

ShinjiNinja26

I dunno, I thought the opposite. If the board were firmly behind Ole, wouldn't they release a statement saying as much?

I think he's already been sacked, but the club won't release an official statement until the NYSE opens tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I'm aware that could be wishful thinking :p
I certainly hope your right. I really don’t know how much more of this I can take.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Attacking football, playing youth products as often as possible and family values.

Absolutely not the basic principles held by any huge football worldwide.
The family values is a weird one considering Ole at Molde continued to pick and defended a player who was charged with rape.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I dunno, I thought the opposite. If the board were firmly behind Ole, wouldn't they release a statement saying as much?

I think he's already been sacked, but the club won't release an official statement until the NYSE opens tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I'm aware that could be wishful thinking :p
We are awful in keeping secrets. Every important journo has someone inside the club. If there is any chance about him being sacked, we would know by now. And from many sources.

Giggsy13

Neville was spot on for once in a very long time when he described what was likely going on in the United boardroom at the moment: absolutely nothing. The level of ineptitude is reaching new heights now with this club. They passed on Conte because of his demanding personality and their own concerns of not being able to handle criticism from a real footballing man.

Red For Ever

If he truly loved the club he would’ve walked after that 0-5 pasting we took at home to are arch rivals. It doesn’t get any lower than that.

Love United or not, would you give up the large payoff that would come by being sacked instead of walking.
(I read somewhere it was 10 million, but not sure if that's accurate)

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Love United or not, would you give up the large payoff that would come by being sacked instead of walking.
I wouldn't. But then I would not expect to be called a club legend after I show that all I care for is a good payday.

Red For Ever

I wouldn't. But then I would not expect to be called a club legend after I show that all I care for is a good payday.
Sure I agree but is being thought of as club legend ( or not ) worth 10 million

As it happens in my opinion his status as a player will not be tarnished by much.
His status as a manager is pretty low already, can't see him getting a top job
however he leaves United,

AndySmith1990

No, but then none of the people replying to this will be millionaires who are set for life and considered club legends, so the perspectives are very different.

It's not necessarily the case that Solskjaer won't resign because of the monetary loss incurred. It may be that he's in denial and genuinely believes he can turn it around. Or maybe he just can't let go of the dream and he knows he'll have to take a massive step down the ladder once he leaves United.

Whatever the case, I can understand him not resigning. What I can't understand is the board not sacking him.

ShinjiNinja26

I may have this wrong but I’m sure he’s said in the past that if he felt he wasn’t up to the job then he would resign. I mean if he doesn’t feel he’s not up to it at this stage given how shite we are then he never will.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Bottled is such a moronic sentiment. Emery is a tactically astute manager and the Europa is bread and butter for him.

We should of won no doubt, but when it gets to penalties its anyone's.

Did you say the same of England in the summer losing to Italy and bottling it?
We had 0 ideas to break their low block. Our goal was a result of McTominay stumbling into their box. Ole decided to go to pens by not making subs and then he doesn't Krul Dave who had a poor season and an atrocious pen record compared to Hendo.

And I don't know how you cannot see that subbing Rashy and Sancho in for a pen based off of training is a terrible idea when either hadn't seen a sniff of the ball prior to taking the pen.

Both are bottlers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People saying he just walk away are so delusional. It's on the club to sack him. Blame them. He's not going to walk away from £8m. I wouldn't and neither would any of you.

He should have gone right after Liverpool game for me. Don't blame Ole for him still being in the job. Blame the board for not acting.

iato89

This club is in its worst state ever, incredible managament from ole to the board. This is a complete circus and we just cannot keep this going. Unbelievable how the migty have fallen. RIP Man United.

Status
Not open for further replies.