Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptkeane1993

Ole is massively underachieving this season which is the worst thing that can happen because he’s the only guy at the table fighting to do what is best for football at MUFC. The commercial heads and the owners have other priorities. We’re a club truly in crisis.

croadyman

Best thing to do is to get Rangnick in until the end of the season then make an agreement he moves upstairs to work alongside Murtough in selecting the right manager to bring in next summer

Kopral Jono

A thought went up my mind just now, if it had been Sheringham managing us instead of Ole, would the board have afforded him this much time as they do the latter? After all there wouldn't be an Ole winner without the equaliser.

Zapata

Best thing to do is to get Rangnick in until the end of the season then make an agreement he moves upstairs to work alongside Murtough in selecting the right manager to bring in next summer
This would be a great plan too bad our board are too incompetent for that

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ole - I want to go back to how we were at the end of last summer and the start of this season.

Literally uses the only player that's the difference in the team then and now as the main player tactically at Manchester United.

The manager is too small to manage big names correctly.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ole is massively underachieving this season which is the worst thing that can happen because he’s the only guy at the table fighting to do what is best for football at MUFC. The commercial heads and the owners have other priorities. We’re a club truly in crisis.
Wake the feck up, if he was truly fighting to do the best for our football he'll actually get in some competent coaches to help him out much earlier.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Still hanging on to the thought he may be sacked today. Just our board are too slow to make decisions…. As it’s international break I don’t think they’ll rush until they know they can get an interim in till the end of season. Everyone who’s been favourite to be sacked as apart from Solskjær.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I don"t think the Glazers want to spend the money needed to replace Ole. If the board decide to keep Ole for the season then the supporters just have to get behind him and the team. A whole season of moaning and bitching would be unbearable. We all know that Utd's season is not going to be great. There is a very good chance they won't make top 4. They might get through the group in the Champion's League but I doubt they will get further than that.
It's behavior like this which is why the club is stuck in the 80s mentality that the manager should always be given more time despite everything being bloody obvious that he's the wrong man for the job.

If the fans don't make their unhappiness known, the club is going to repeat this whole cycle of giving managers far beyond their going time and just wasting the careers of our players.

NK86

United have finished among the top four in recent seasons, giving the false impression that there's no significant difference in squad quality among the top four clubs (City, Chelsea, Pool, United) and some minor managerial tweak will somehow radically change the fortune of this club. In particular, Chelsea's performances after Tuchel's appointment seems to have consolidated that view. But that Chelsea defense and midfield is head and shoulders above anything United have had in the post-SAF era.
Is that you Ole? Want to say that the tea lady is also not up to scratch and that's why we are shite.

DULLAGHAN

Do you seriously think Ed et Al knows who Rangnick is? Our managerial appointment will be someone from the Premier league or someone who's been in it recently, simply because those who run the club have no knowledge of anything further afield. It's all a shambles!

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
No. The plan should be like every other top club do. You hire a manager. After first season (if he delivered), you give him few players. And then next season the same. And next and next.
If/when he fails to deliver, you sack him.
Long term is current season in every single top club. There is no rebuilding nonsense, long term nonsense or DNA nonsense.
This is basically what we have been doing since Fergie left and it’s ended up with a bloated dysfunctional squad jumping from managers with polar opposite philosophies.
The manager can be a short term appointment but you need to hire managers who are going to fit with the squad of players you have not just throw money at it every window and hope something sticks

DULLAGHAN

Still hanging on to the thought he may be sacked today. Just our board are too slow to make decisions…. As it’s international break I don’t think they’ll rush until they know they can get an interim in till the end of season. Everyone who’s been favourite to be sacked as apart from Solskjær.
What time does the New York stock exchange open? 2pm? If it doesn't happen then he'll be there for Watford

AussieDevil

The match going fans need to do their part as well, they need to start booing him, not clapping after being destroyed by City

AussieDevil

What time does the New York stock exchange open? 2pm? If it doesn't happen then he'll be there for Watford
Considering it’s a manager being sacked, it won’t make a difference if it’s during the stock exchange opening hours or not.

Roboc7

I don"t think the Glazers want to spend the money needed to replace Ole. If the board decide to keep Ole for the season then the supporters just have to get behind him and the team. A whole season of moaning and bitching would be unbearable. We all know that Utd's season is not going to be great. There is a very good chance they won't make top 4. They might get through the group in the Champion's League but I doubt they will get further than that.
Watching more of this pathetic football having hollow apologies, embarrassing posts about getting back to attacking football and having the Utd way and DNA referred to despite the team having none of it will be worse. No one should back this the board, Ole and players are taking the piss out of the fans.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
They aren’t going to spend hundreds of millions in January. Sack him now. Appoint a caretaker. Plan for the summer. If the caretaker does shit sack him too. That’s how you have to be. There is nothing wrong with making mistakes. Only a failure to act when the mistake becomes painfully evident.
That’s what we did with Ole, then we rushed in and gave him the job full time. If you hire a caretaker manager you arn’t gonna get a top quality manager cos they wouldn’t except the job.
no there is anything wrong with making mistakes as long as you put all due diligence into making the decision that turned out to be a mistake.
The way forward is to make sure the next appointment is well thought out and the candidate that suits what this squad needs.
Not just firing Ole and hiring the biggest name whose available

Judas

Open to offers
That Chris Wheeler article reads like fan fiction :lol: its so much like what so many on here have been speculating for so long. If its all true, Ole's dead in the water. Player power wins in 2021.

Giggsyking

I'm still in the Ole camp. For now. Clearly he needs to get two world class midfielders. That will come. Have some faith. We've tried resetting. It didn't fecking work. I'd love to know how many people here actually goto games, live in Manchester, and actually know feck all about supporting Manchester United.
wow. :lol:

jamesjimmybyrondean

We've heard all the reasons we can't hire a new coach now "Top coach not available" "Top coach available doesn't suit our style". But they've said nothing on why we can't get an interim

Judas

Open to offers
If he doesn’t go today he’s here until the he summer.
I'd say if he's still here by Wednesday, he'll certainly survive a little while longer. Seeing as Jose was sacked on a Tuesday. He's not making it to the end of the season, there's no turnaround coming of our form, especially if these leaks are right and he's lost the squad. We're dragging this out way longer than it needs to and for no ones benefit.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm still in the Ole camp. For now. Clearly he needs to get two world class midfielders. That will come. Have some faith. We've tried resetting. It didn't fecking work. I'd love to know how many people here actually goto games, live in Manchester, and actually know feck all about supporting Manchester United.
Sheesh, live in Manchester? Go to games? That's your barometer for how good a supporter you are? Some of us don't live close but I'll tell you for free, you have fans in Asia who don't sleep so they can watch United, fans in Africa who paint their cars the colours of United and plan their lives around United and are so passionate about the club even through these tough times so you can't say they aren't ardent fans. I lived in Manchester briefly for work, stayed in Ancoats not far from the CIty ground and was able to go to Old Trafford a few times and it was great and if I lived in Manchester would surely have a season ticket and go every game and so would millions others, so don't make it seem because you have that opportunity that others that don't aren't as important a fan as you.

I've lived away from Rotterdam for a while, go back as often as I can and also catch my boyhood club Feyenoord from time to time, I grew up 10 mins from the training ground and my family have supported them for decades. Just because I can't go to games anymore because I work in Dubai doesn't make me any less of a Feyenoord fan too.

Castia

I go to games and it’s a shit show even when we win it’s usually a 90 minute borefest. The excitement from signing Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane and expected the squad to challenge to laying in 6th place a few weeks later is a disgrace.

He’s got classy midfielders that he doesn’t even use because of his obsession with ‘McFred’, he’s got 2 of the best attacking central midfielders in Europe (Bruno, Pogba) why hasn’t he tried playing a 433 system that has both of those breaking from midfield? I won’t get into the Donny transfer but I don’t think we’ll disagree in saying that’s been handled terribly to the point of even Gary Neville is questioning what’s going on.

He chased Sancho for 2 years he’s clearly one of the best young wingers in Europe yet he’s left out most of the games it’s like he can’t play with a technical team because it goes against his style of ‘putting a shift in’, a technical manager would be rubbing his hands with our squad.

It’s time to go. I appreciate Ole culling out the deadwood and building a nice squad but we‘re at the point where this team needs a world class manager to move to the next level.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Ole knows more than most of us knows the standards United need to achieve. He is failing to achieve those standards. However, it's not correct seeing the personal abuse that has been directed at him. I honestly expected better from grown adults. If you carry on with the abuse expect to get warned or worse not to be posting on the forum.

@Hisha
No offense but this sounds like a power play move from a mod and threatening to ban posters is quite frankly ridiculous.

You guys are supposed to moderate this place fairly, not based on emotion. The poster made some valid points. Name calling has been happening on these boards forever and never were they edited out but as soon as Ole is on the end of some of these name calling, that's when you decided to draw the line. Why aren't you extending that same courtesy to players and other entities working for Man united who constantly get name called for their apparent incompetence?

This reads more like a mod got personally offended by Ole being called names, so decided to abuse his power as a mod and apply special and unique rules for Ole himself, meanwhile everyone else get called names.

This excuse that Ole is a legend, wants what's best for United therefore he should be absolved from name calling is weak. The likes of Neville, Scholes and co get dragged by posters on these boards, get name called yet not exceptional rules are applied to circumvent ridicules being thrown at them.

AneRu

I wonder what the cost of delaying the decision will be like. Players losing confidence can't be underestimated, and with each passing game things get worse, even if we manage a win here or there to keep him on the job, you can tell that a lot of players are shitting bricks during the games.

I've also never witnessed so much anger from the fanbase in my lifetime.

It's troubling that those leading the club can't see how delaying this decision will impact the club, which makes me worry about the club long term. They're really incompetent, and not invested enough in football to fully understand the damage they're doing.
I think this is an understated point which is very critical, if you look at the likes of Kagawa, Nani, Evans etc were lost in the turmoil that resulted from the Moyes and Van Gaal reins. I imagine that should Ole overstay we will lose a lot of players to disillusionment which will make the rebuild more difficult.

lilcurt

I go to games and it’s a shit show even when we win it’s usually a 90 minute borefest. The excitement from signing Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane and expected the squad to challenge to laying in 6th place a few weeks later is a disgrace.

He’s got classy midfielders that he doesn’t even use because of his obsession with ‘McFred’, he’s got 2 of the best attacking central midfielders in Europe (Bruno, Pogba) why hasn’t he tried playing a 433 system that has both of those breaking from midfield? I won’t get into the Donny transfer but I don’t think we’ll disagree in saying that’s been handled terribly to the point of even Gary Neville is questioning what’s going on.

He chased Sancho for 2 years he’s clearly one of the best young wingers in Europe yet he’s left out most of the games it’s like he can’t play with a technical team because it goes against his style of ‘putting a shift in’, a technical manager would be rubbing his hands with our squad.

It’s time to go. I appreciate Ole culling out the deadwood and building a nice squad but we‘re at the point where this team needs a world class manager to move to the next level.
Agree with all you say. The irony on the Sancho bit is if you look at the stats he is actually the hardest working winger we have!

For me Ole doesn't pick him as he isn't a 'moments' players. He is a creator and requires those around him to also be intricate. Ole like a players who misplaces 90% of passes but the pops up with a worldie out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.