• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The club is rotten. This club did not prepare for the possibility that Ole was not the man, despite many hints. How many bad runs have we had in the last three years...too many. How many key moments has this team failed to turn up for? How often has this team consistently played well?
We are rudderless. This fiasco is becoming less and less about Ole. I can't imagine another top club accepting this.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
All Ornstein is telling us is what we have learned from successive sackings: The Glazers will wait until top four is either mathematically impossible or looks mathematically impossible.

We all thought Van Gaal was going in Winter 2015 after that Norwich game but they waited. Top four is their benchmark. Mourinho went early because we were falling like a stone and he had caused friction internally. If Ole goes into the final day of 2021-22 with top four a possibility, like Van Gaal, he'll be given time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I believe I read that the board will meet later this week(I don't remember the day), so I assume they haven't really had a chance to consider his position yet after the City game. He could very much take training and end up sacked after the board has finished their discussions.
You would think the first meeting would have already decided the circumstances he'd get the sack though. I remember Ornstein saying "if the rollercoaster ride continues they will pull the plug but are desperate to keep him until at least the summer".

His tweet today is more of the same, the board want him to succeed and are pretty much trying to wish that into existence. He's hanging around for a while in my opinion.
So I would assume that a win draw and
I think he goes this week. There will 100% be some truth in the player revolt rumours and it’s clear now that even the most ardent Ole supporters are accepting he need me to go.
Are there new reports of the revolt? It could push matters but I still have my doubts.

This is also why I think we needed to continue our protest, toward the board at their ineptitude. If Glazers are here to stay the least we can get out of them is a better footballing infrastructure.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They’re thinking we can’t afford to bring in new management but if the players down tools for Watford there is nothing they can do but let him go.
If he survives the international break then he's here till summer, no matter what. Even if the players down tools.

And if he's here till summer, and we do get top 4, which we could with a monkey in charge as we have that many game winners, then he'll get next season too.

Basically, if he survives this international break then Ole is here into next season. He's survived this last two weeks, it literally can't get any worse or the pressure any bigger.

Jaxa

I understand were in a real mess right now but why is Van Basten commenting on us ? Zero connection to United, It just seems when it's United the issue is blown out of proportion x100, who next, Barry Manilow on whether we should stick with a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 ?

Kopral Jono

The club is rotten. This club did not prepare for the possibility that Ole was not the man, despite many hints. How many bad runs have we had in the last three years...too many. How many key moments has this team failed to turn up for? How often has this team consistently played well?
We are rudderless. This fiasco is becoming less and less about Ole. I can't imagine another top club accepting this.
All that needs to be said about Ole as an incompetent manager have been said over and over again. At this point it's no longer his fault.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
2 world class midfielders will not make an ounce of difference if the coaching is so poor as to not provide them with a credible game plan following credible training drills, tactical briefings etc

Which two world class midfielders would join us now anyway (after the vdB situation especially)? There are so many better options out there for world class midfielders unless of course our incompetent board sanction another two 400k a week contracts.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I understand were in a real mess right now but why is Van Basten commenting on us ? Zero connection to United, It just seems when it's United the issue is blown out of proportion x100, who next, Barry Manilow on whether we should stick with a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 ?
Probably because the vdB situation is so reprehensible.

Idxomer

Because people analyze the PL everywhere in the world, it's not exclusive to people with a connection to United.

Skills

Snitch
I'm with you pal. I was staying in the Lowry the other night and found out Ole was in the room next to me. I broke through the air duct cover and crawled into it as much as I could and softly sung Ole's at the wheel like a lullaby. I heard weeping coming from the other end of the ventilation shaft and then Ole's voice thanking me. We have to support the manager however we can mate.
:lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Van Basten is commentating because he's a paid pundit for Ziggo in the Netherlands (notice the logo) and unlike a lot of our fanbase and our board, people in Europe do watch other leagues.

Everyone in the football world is shaking their head at the mess we are. It's absolutely an international embarrassment.

Mainoldo

All Ornstein is telling us is what we have learned from successive sackings: The Glazers will wait until top four is either mathematically impossible or looks mathematically impossible.

We all thought Van Gaal was going in Winter 2015 after that Norwich game but they waited. Top four is their benchmark. Mourinho went early because we were falling like a stone and he had caused friction internally. If Ole goes into the final day of 2021-22 with top four a possibility, like Van Gaal, he'll be given time.
That was then. This is year 3 of no direction and the best squad since 08. Plus LVG could coach

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Ole has now been around longer than all of them and has players who would demand challenging for a title now. It should be different

lsd

The Oracle
Was convinced after surviving Liverpool only top four failure would see him removed, but I felt there was a sea-change post City and it might happen this week.

How many of the 13% who want to give him time do you think are not oppos or wums and genuine United fans? I'm not into all that dismissive "Top Red" bollocks, I just wonder how many genuinely believe he can claw it back.

I voted for him to stay as I just had too much love for him as a player.

However I don't want him to stay now but can't bring myself to pull the trigger

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why am I refreshing this fecking thread every 5 minutes?

Feck all is happening — he’s going absolutely nowhere.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Outside of England, we happen to have TVs and access to games, we even have TV and radio shows talking about it. :angel:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A front foot United :lol:

what does this even mean? We grab an early goal so other teams have to come at us and we can play long punts to Rashford all game? How often do we even take the lead in games? He’s fecking clueless. Comes out with contradictory rubbish every single game.
He just keeps saying what fans want to hear. It's the sweet version of Jose blaming everyone else. Self preservation.

RUCK4444

Because we’re kind of a big deal :)

amolbhatia50k

This is the problem is having your head buried in the sand and just believing your on the right track. Many of us were criticized for being skeptical of Ole. If the club had an iota of that and had focused more on performances we'd have been better prepared.

amolbhatia50k

Because we’re kind of a big deal :)
Obviously. It's Manchester United ffs

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That was then. This is year 3 of no direction and the best squad since 08. Plus LVG could coach
Ole has now been around longer than all of them and has players who would demand challenging for a title now. It should be different
Its useless telling me this. I'm not Joel or Avram Glazer.

They have shown, time and time again, that they generally don't give a damn about United. Top four supports their financial targets and that's what they're after. As long as United are not totally out of the hunt for the Champions League I suspect they will let the situation drift. Just like they did with Van Gaal.

When you look at United its clear something has to change. However, do we honestly believe Joel and Avram are looking at United? The day after our once in a century defeat to Liverpool they were off trying to buy a cricket franchise. I doubt they even watched the City game.

Mainoldo

Its useless telling me this. I'm not Joel or Avram Glazer.

They have shown, time and time again, that they generally don't give a damn about United. Top four supports their financial targets and that's what they're after. As long as United are not totally out of the hunt for the Champions League I suspect they will let the situation drift. Just like they did with Van Gaal.

When you look at United its clear something has to change. However, do we honestly believe Joel and Avram are looking at United? The day after our once in a century defeat to Liverpool they were off trying to buy a cricket franchise. I doubt they even watched the City game.
You brought it up ya joker. Keep your mouth mute next time.

Cloud7

I wonder who the people that think he needs more time to turn it around are? If most of the board are business people, then surely they should look at the objective evidence of this season and realize this is going to fail, and that's even without taking into consideration subjective things like the terrible quality of football.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Because we are one of the biggest names in football and we are a mess. United winning is big news, United losing is bigger news.

Nickelodeon

Lack of options is such a bogus excuse. We got Ole after Jose and got a great new manager bounce. At this point, we could literally appoint anyone as a caretaker and be better off than what we are right now. Its shameful that a club of our stature has no back up plan for a painfully below-average manager we have in charge.

stw2022

A caretaker is fine as long as a few decent results doesn’t lead to a fecking three-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.