Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

SAF as a manager made this club what it is. After he retired he has done a lot of damage too by getting Moyes to replace him and now backing Ole.
Yeah but he doesn't belong anywhere near the board room. He's a liability there.

It was his vanity behind hiring Moyes, even if he obviously wasn't the first choice - a young Scot, widely referred to as the potential "next Ferguson".
And also his vanity in hiring and standing by Ole - a player who learned the managerial trade studying SAF and modelled his management style on him.

NK86

Yeah he seems a lot harder to sack than Mourinho due to this. We are in big trouble.
Think many people called this out right at the outset. Sacking a legend will be a lot tougher than just another manager, especially when he has surrounded himself with former favorites and added is the fact we have his compatriots at senior levels of the club.

Chairman Steve

Gary Neville will jump on that #GlazersOut shit in no time, but he will be there spinning it saying that a prospective new owner is obliged to give Solskjaer three years to get it right.

Good luck to those lads and ladettes who end up going down there on Saturday if that demonstration actually goes ahead.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
You guys raise a good point. Is Ferguson intentionally sabotaging the club to prop up his fading legacy by supporting managers he knows will take us nowhere and vetoing all the good ones? The evidence is pointing towards it unfortunately.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I understand your point, but what we are not privy to are the details of the contract. If they were so short sighted as to not be able to include a clause that would allow them to sack him cheaply, then they are incompetent, which I am sure they aren't when they are bloody billionaires. Again I don't know the clauses (might as well be top 4 mathematically impossible of out of top 4 after X number of games, etc), but I feel that it is also a face saving exercise and not just one which includes money related with terminating a long term contract. At least that's my reading of thr situation.

However I agree with the main point that the Board cut themselves at the knee by handing out contracts so early (it's not like clubs were lining up to hire our coaches) and that in itself shows massive incompetence from a footballing perspective as these businessmen may not be aware of the footballing landscape. It was an absolutely bizarre decision then which has now come back to bum them bad.
They are absolutely saving face and the reason I mention money and the new contract is because those are things that can be aimed at the board and will be aimed at them, it's not the money in isolation that is the problem even if it's a big one but the overall context, by mitigating loses they can mitigate criticism particularly from other members of the board because it's important to remember that most board members aren't directly involved in those decisions.

And the other issue is that they did something similar with Mourinho when he shamelessly linked himself to the PSG job in October 2017, the dummies offered him an extension.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah definitely on the verge of getting uglier than the end of Jose in December 2018
I have resigned myself to us not firing him literally unless we lose every game till Christmas.
Nobody sang "Ole's at the wheel" on Saturday (apart from the City fans)
I'm not advocating mass rioting or anything like that but the only way forward is for the match going fans to give it both barrels. If we play crap, why are they applauding Ole and the players. We need to see/hear more van de Beek stuff and booing when we play crap/lose.

When it gets to the levels of Nuno's last game at Spurs, you'll see things moving very quickly...even at United.

Sviken

I don't think that's true, I would even say that it's not true at all and why he still has a job. The players are lost tactically and have lost confidence in themselves but I don't think that they have given up on Ole.
You don't get these kind of murmurs without smoke. Pogba and Bruno had the audacity to question Ole's tactics and his staff in the press themselves. These are star players. Whether they like or dislike Ole is irrelevant, but they absolutely appear not to believe Ole is even remotely qualified at this level.

del piero10

I can't understand how any man utd supporter can define glazers or ole out protest as ugly. This is the best thing we can hope now. There should be any type of riots of club fans to express their anger with the board and manager. What is ugly about it is beyond me.

McTerminator

You guys raise a good point. Is Ferguson intentionally sabotaging the club to prop up his fading legacy by supporting managers he knows will take us nowhere and vetoing all the good ones? The evidence is pointing towards it unfortunately.
“Fading Legacy”:lol:

the club succeeding furthers his legacy if anything. Wake up people.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You don't get these kind of murmurs without smoke. Pogba and Bruno had the audacity to question Ole's tactics and his staff in the press themselves. These are star players. Whether they like or dislike Ole is irrelevant, but they absolutely appear not to believe Ole is even remotely qualified at this level.
Which doesn't mean that they have given up on the field, there is a difference between having doubts, lacking confidence and giving up. It's pretty clear that they haven't given up and it's clear that they are lost but it's not new.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Calm down people. Come to think of it, the Sky news is the "dreaded vote of confidence." Ole will be gone after losing 7-0 at Stamford bridge. 3 more matches to go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

This is going to get ugly
It's sad that the fans have the protest for the board to actually do something. But seeing as that is actually the case, I'm all for it.

The only hope for United is that we get lucky with a top manager that can manage us despite the board. Basically have to keep that hope because there is nothing else. Ole will never be that guy and needs booting out the club, whatever which way.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
“Fading Legacy”:lol:

the club succeeding furthers his legacy if anything. Wake up people.
I don't think Ferguson would see it like that. He's always been inherently selfish which is what made him such a decent manager. Look at how many times he floated resigning just so everyone would scream no don't do it. I think he knows people will forget about him very quickly in the modern world of diminishing attention spans so he is securing his legacy as the last long term successful manager of United.

Robocrap

And I know it's hard but Ole needs to resign for the good of the football club. Gatusto did at Milan. The match going fans have been kind not to turn on him at the games. He should repay that by being honest and doing what's right for the club. If this goes on to the fans will turn hi and they will be a 100% justified in doing so. And I can't believe the owners would put the fans in this position. Why wait till it gets ugly and fans start booing a club legend. If you force the fans to choose between UTD and Ole, they choose UTD. No good owners would let it get to that point.
He should resign yes and the argument that he will miss out on compensation is ridiculous. How much has he earned now at United? 7.5 million pounds x 2 year + the money when he was interim. Isn't this enough?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I can't imagine there being much of a protest. It's one thing to criticise the board and protest against them. But against the manager, a legend of the club? I can't see too many going for that.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@JPRouve is right in that the board have absolutely dug themselves a hole by signing the whole coaching staff to the new contracts and have to make financial decisions as well as footballing ones - it's going to cost a fair penny to offload them all, on top of that, the financial outlay for a new man, caretaker or otherwise.

Not that we as fans care about any of it, and can ask the question of what they'd rather risk: writing off the season and possibly losing out on the CL money, let alone trophies, as well as the upper echelons of the squad who will have every right to want out of this shambles for the sake of their own careers.

I am refreshing this thread more than any other on the caf in the hope of an update that they've finally pulled the plug. It feels like an exercise in futility, however, as my gut feeling points toward Ole going nowhere and us wasting a whole two weeks of this international window not righting the proverbial ship at the opportune time to do so.

I've never had less faith in the club than now, which is a strange thing to say in a season where we've brought in the best players the club has had in years.

What makes absolutely no sense to me is the notion Woodward wants to save face by not sacking Ole so soon after extending him; so what? The alternative is to be known as the man who kept Ole on to undo a whole season, dissolve the squad and have us in absolute ruins by May? Is that better for Woodward's legacy than trying to salvage the season?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
It will come to nothing, I’m sure of that.

Utterly humiliating from our fanbase though.
Humiliating? Quite the opposite I think. Shows that most fans will not take any more of a board who lack the ambition that is needed at this club.

Ixion

I don't think Ferguson would see it like that. He's always been inherently selfish which is what made him such a decent manager. Look at how many times he floated resigning just so everyone would scream no don't do it. I think he knows people will forget about him very quickly in the modern world of diminishing attention spans so he is securing his legacy as the last long term successful manager of United.
I am assuming this a troll post...

But just in case Sir Alex many, many times over his time at United spoke of wanting to leave United in a successful position so that when he left what happened after Sir Matt left didn't repeat itself. Life and circumstances meant he had to leave more abruptly than he wanted and with Gill leaving as well that transition wasn't as smooth as it could have been. The last thing Sir Alex wants us for United to not be successful.

roonaldo78

I don't think that's true, I would even say that it's not true at all and why he still has a job. The players are lost tactically and have lost confidence in themselves but I don't think that they have given up on Ole.
I would agree and this to me reflects badly on the coaching staff. If the players are fully behind you and they still have no clue on tactics and structure, it is a damning indicator of how poor our coaches are.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why do people keep having a go at the match going fans?

It's time these people buy their own tickets and go boo for themselves.

It's not an easy thing to do.

Old Trafford is an absolutely huge stadium - watching football with people who around you at times feel just as much as random tourists just as much as they could be a football watcher.

You go there and you can barely hear a supporting volume or a song if you don't sit in the exact right areas to just expect the whole stadium to just boo when it's needed to.

Sviken

Which doesn't mean that they have given up on the field, there is a difference between having doubts, lacking confidence and giving up. It's pretty clear that they haven't given up and it's clear that they are lost but it's not new.
Players aren't simply gonna give up on the field, regardless of whether they like the manager or consider him inept. I don't believe any player would go out with the intention of losing. He might be down on confidence and not be assed to give it his best, but even under Mourinho our players tried to win. But Ole has lost the dressing room, that is for sure. Players have no belief in him, they do not consider him up to the job. They have no idea what they should be doing on the pitch. At this point the board is making the situation far worse than it has to be.

Raw

I can't imagine there being much of a protest. It's one thing to criticise the board and protest against them. But against the manager, a legend of the club? I can't see too many going for that.
The last one was also fuelled by the Super League outrage. Would love to see a turnout as big as that again but I doubt it.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The last one was also fuelled by the Super League outrage. Would love to see a turnout as big as that again but I doubt it.
Yeah, absolutely. This one might be dressed up as 'Glazers Out', but it's effectively asking for fans to go along and protest so that the manager gets sacked. I can't see that happening.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I am assuming this a troll post...

But just in case Sir Alex many, many times over his time at United spoke of wanting to leave United in a successful position so that when he left what happened after Sir Matt left didn't repeat itself. Life and circumstances meant he had to leave more abruptly than he wanted and with Gill leaving as well that transition wasn't as smooth as it could have been. The last thing Sir Alex wants us for United to not be successful.
You know what I do remember him saying it as well. But I think near the end he realised just how quickly it can all disappear in regards to legacy and that's why I think he made Gill leave as well to further destabilise the club in order for the next manager and the one after to not be successful. He was a mastermind and even in sabotage he was sadly ahead of the rest and world class at it. If you think he wasn't capable of this then it shows a lack of respect for the man.

Kurton

Knew it, the man is untouchable. He's got people fighting his corner in the back.

Never seen a club wait until the season is pretty much written off and everything turning toxic before acting.

It's going to get much, much worse. Until Ole turns into a villain for the fans and the players
Exactly, at this point its SAF, Charlton and his old buddies from his playing days keeping him in the job. Doesn't make sense keeping him at all.

RUCK4444

This is going to get ugly
I'm having to quarantine but if I could I would seriously consider this after what we've seen so far this season.

Mad how much my stance has changed this season, but we've dropped off a cliff, poor Ole isn't good enough to take us to the next level and the leaches upstairs have no clue who the next guy should be (that much we know.) It's just shite from top to bottom.

For what it's worth I think a reasonable size demonstration could have a big effect on the Glazers here, purely because they have spent a lot of cash last summer and will no doubt have thought that would get the fans off their backs for a while, they are likely to internalise that frustration on the management.

Status
Not open for further replies.