• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Maybe he's legged it to Norway, hoping the board forget to sack him while he's away. Then he can come back and pretend its all good.

SecondFig

Nah. Look at David Moyes, currently has West Ham sitting at number 3. Despite the horrible season we are having, I still rate Ole higher than Moyes. Neither is good enough for United and struggle with tactics.
Ole was a better fit for Utd, but I think it's ridiculous to claim Ole is a better manager than Moyes. Moyes has achieved far more in his managerial career than Ole.

stw2022

Nah. Look at David Moyes, currently has West Ham sitting at number 3. Despite the horrible season we are having, I still rate Ole higher than Moyes. Neither is good enough for United and struggle with tactics.
For us or in general because thinking Ole is in Moyes’ league when it comes to management is insane

Idxomer

Ole should ask himself why there's always a rot he needs to stop but he's too deluded.

Chip

His gone as soon as the replacement is settled. Of course it’s not been given any indication his set to be fired. Would not make sense to do that before things are wrapped up.
I see no point in keeping him as a lame duck if that’s the case. Just replace him with an interim. Heck, even Carrick or McKenna would be better, but we should be able to find an interim like Chelsea have with Hiddink, Rafa, Grant etc. who can try to salvage a cup win until we get our target in the summer or whenever.

Getting rid alone should give us a boost, and it can hardly get any worse.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The same line is being trotted out constantly - 'But has been given no indication he's set for the sack'

Judas

Open to offers
I see no point in keeping him as a lame duck if that’s the case. Just replace him with an interim. Heck, even Carrick or McKenna would be better, but we should be able to find an interim like Chelsea have with Hiddink, Rafa, Grant etc. who can try to salvage a cup win until we get or target in the summer or whenever.

Getting rid alone should give us a boost, and it can hardly get any worse.
Nah might as well stick with Ole if you take that option. Those two, plus Phelan have to be gone with him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe he's legged it to Norway, hoping the board forget to sack him while he's away. Then he can come back and pretend its all good.
Or maybe like Van Gaal, he's requested the board to allow him to leave the country before announcing his sacking?

manunited1919

Seeing his face annoys the feck out of me.
He’ll be gone soon enough, and deservedly so. But remember he is a club legend and always will be. He has done all he could, and many fans would say he is leaving us with a better team than after either LVG or Mourinho left us.

Chip

Nah might as well stick with Ole if you take that option. Those two, plus Phelan have to be gone with him.
That’s obviously the best case scenario. But getting rid of him alone is still the lesser of two evils IMO. And the sack alone might give us a (short lived) boost. Of course given that they are gone once a permanent replacement comes.

stw2022

The Emperor’s new clothes illusion of ‘progress’ is now used by the man himself. Look how far we’ve come, etc.

Holding up - and succeeded in convincing many people who currently consider themselves his detractors in this - finishing second as a sign of progress Vs the achievements of his predecessor who..*checks notes *….. finished second, is objectively an impressive achievement that eclipses anything he’s done in terms of results or performance on the pitch

Chip

I agree. It need to be a new setup. We will know soon enough.
Didn’t you have some inside info on the Pogba deal? Or was that just BS? Can’t you get some info on Ole form your source, given you’re a Noggie? ;)

manunited1919

maybe insane. But I remember Moyes’ time at United. It was one blunder after another, non-stop. I knew he was NGMI before his first pre-season was over. Maybe he has had more achievements than Ole in his long career, but he is destined to be a mid-table managet at best, struggling for a European spot.

For us or in general because thinking Ole is in Moyes’ league when it comes to management is insane

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The same line is being trotted out constantly - 'But has been given no indication he's set for the sack'
But they didn't give any indication they were going to sack LVG or Jose either. Honestly, I don't anyone in the media - literally no one - has the faintest idea of what's going on at United right now, and they're just throwing bullshit tweet after bullshit tweet because they know United fans will lap it up.

stw2022

Maybe him and his family going to Norway is the club allowing him to escape relatively outside of the media glare, vs what it would be like if he was dismissed and then headed to the airport.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Emperor’s new clothes illusion of ‘progress’ is now used by the man himself. Look how far we’ve come, etc.

Holding up - and succeeded in convincing many people who currently consider themselves his detractors in this - finishing second as a sign of progress Vs the achievements of his predecessor who..*checks notes *….. finished second, is objectively an impressive achievement that eclipses anything he’s done in terms of results or performance on the pitch
With 7 less points than Mourinho.

MUFC OK

Seeing his face annoys the feck out of me.
Ole should ask himself why there's always a rot he needs to stop but he's too deluded.
I don't think he's deluded. He knows that this isn't good enough and knows that he's under enormous pressure. He will also know that he's losing the support of the fans, the players and that his time is running out. The problem is he has no idea how to turn this around and the club is hanging him out to dry by not acting.

Imo no matter how frustrating it is we need to avoid the insults, the people saying they hate the sight of him etc. That's not right on a human level. Most of us think he should be replaced but I hope that when it happens some will reflect on the way the way they've voiced their frustration in recent weeks.

Acquire Me

Didn’t you have some inside info on the Pogba deal? Or was that just BS? Can’t you get some info on Ole form your source, given you’re a Noggie? ;)
I wish I could. Just have to wait and see. That said, we can’t go on like this. Everyone, including the board/owners know. His gone imo.

Blood Mage

FFS how many times have we been down this very road before?

He wouldn't have survived this far had he not signed Bruno during the winter window the last time he was truly on the ropes
He knows full well the people above him are idiots and a convincing win against Watford will give him a longer stay of execution. So the saga of Ole selfishly clinging to his job and ruining players' careers in the process will continue unless Watford cause an upset.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I’m beginning to suspect that @Tom Cato is Jan Aage Fjørtoft.
Unfortunately not :( But I am pretty disgusted by a lot of the rethoric being thrown around here.

That doesn't extend to just Ole however, Jones, Lingard, etc. Pretty much anyone in the club that's the subject of non stop torrential abuse that goes beyond the scope of performance.

Essentially: If you wouldnt say it to someones face, why even say it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't think he's deluded. He knows that this isn't good enough and knows that he's under enormous pressure. He will also know that he's losing the support of the fans, the players and that his time is running out. The problem is he has no idea how to turn this around and the club is hanging him out to dry by not acting.

Imo no matter how frustrating it is we need to avoid the insults, the people saying they hate the sight of him etc. That's not right on a human level. Most of us think he should be replaced but I hope that when it happens some will reflect on the way the way they've voiced their frustration in recent weeks.
This

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But they didn't give any indication they were going to sack LVG or Jose either. Honestly, I don't anyone in the media - literally no one - has the faintest idea of what's going on at United right now, and they're just throwing bullshit tweet after bullshit tweet because they know United fans will lap it up.
I completely agree mate. It seems like the club aren't saying anything and reputable journos like Ornstein have put forth the below tweet pointing to there being a 'sense in the industry'

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if like LVG, we allow him to leave the country before announcing the news tomorrow.

BootsyCollins

I agree with this post.

Mainoldo

Ole is showing a lack of respect to us fans by greedily hanging on to his job when it’s clearly not the best for the club
Exactly. He don’t need the £7.5m. Why don’t he think of us fans. We cheered him even when he couldn’t play.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I completely agree mate. It seems like the club aren't saying anything and reputable journos like Ornstein have put forth the below tweet pointing to there being a 'sense in the industry'

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if like LVG, we allow him to leave the country before announcing the news tomorrow.
Wouldn't put it past them in the slightest.

The shameful way they handled the LVG and Jose sackings supports that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.