Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

Don't believe it for a second. Reeks of "we have no clue what's going on but we must generate some clicks so let's put out some BS story". Our board is inept but surely the decision has already been made, whether is to sack him which I think is most likely, or stick with him for longer...

King Eric 7

The board simply have to act now after this particular defeat. Not worried that he'll be around much longer still managing the team. Just hoping we don't keep making the same hiring mistakes but then again I don't expect much to change. I guess it's a stab in the dark for the board who have no clue and if they keep replacing the manager they'll stumble across the right one at some point.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He's plainly been sacked. That was obvious the moment he waived goodbye to the away fans.

The question is who next. Probably Bodger but failing that Carrick would be my guess. Zidane I just don't believe at all.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
When he's been sacked it's time to really look at these players. Yes, they've been managed by an incompetent manager, but they've consistently failed to show the work rate and continually been outfought.

And it is high time the media go into overdrive when it comes to the owners and the board. The way this club is run is criminal.

GBBQ

What balance? There should be absolutely zero doubt in anyone’s minds that he needs to go now.
It has to be just down to who we could install as manager before a crunch CL match. Our coaching team aren’t up to it so who do we put in

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's plainly been sacked. That was obvious the moment he waived goodbye to the away fans.

The question is who next. Probably Bodger but failing that Carrick would be my guess. Zidane I just don't believe at all.
I couldn't if that was a wave good bye or he was putting hs hands up to apologize for the shameful result.

Perhaps both?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
When he's been sacked it's time to really look at these players. Yes, they've been managed by an incompetent manager, but they've consistently failed to show the work rate and continually been outfought.

And it is high time the media go into overdrive when it comes to the owners and the board. The way this club is run is criminal.
I argue against that to be honest. They’ve shown plenty of fight. If anything way more than any team last season, seen as most of our wins we’re from losing positions, mainly because the manager set them up to fail from the first whistle. So I don’t blame them for getting fecking sick of it, I know I am.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I couldn't if that was a wave good bye or he was putting hs hands up to apologize for the shameful result.

Perhaps both?
It was goodbye. The way he turned as he did it. And his language afterwards in the interview - he knew the game was up. You could talk your way out of getting thrashed by better teams. Not Watford.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It was goodbye. The way he turned as he did it. And his language afterwards in the interview - he knew the game was up. You could talk your way out of getting thrashed by better teams. Not Watford.
Definitely. The interview he did with sky - there was something he said right at the end, I can’t remember exactly what, but something was off. He knew that was that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I argue against that to be honest. They’ve shown plenty of fight. If anything way more than any team last season, seen as most of our wins we’re from losing positions, mainly because the manager set them up to fail from the first whistle. So I don’t blame them for getting fecking sick of it, I know I am.
I don't blame them for playing in a defunct system, with no clear direction. Or being run into the ground by their manager. But I do blame them when they are destroyed by the opponent's sheer will to work. I've seen that so so so many times.

Presto

What do you expect from Fred and McTominay, tired Bruno, 34 year old Matic, heavily out of form Maguire, playing with injuries not fully recovered players? Why the heck are you blaming the likes of Ronaldo, De Gea, Bruno, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Shaw and Wan Bissaka for their work rate (even if Shaw is out of form and Bissaka is bad)?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Definitely. The interview he did with sky - there was something he said right at the end, I can’t remember exactly what, but something was off. He knew that was that.
It was about how bad he feels, and he looked shaken and said "very" and it looked quite sad. It really did not have to come to this. The indecision has just allowed things to unravel further and further.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I don't blame them for playing in a defunct system, with no clear direction. Or being run into the ground by their manager. But I do blame them when they are destroyed by the opponent's sheer will to work. I've seen that so so so many times.
If you’re in a system you know doesn’t work, or even if you don’t know what the bloody system is supposed to be then yeah no surprise their enthusiasm levels have dropped off a cliff eventually.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It was about how bad he feels, and he looked shaken and said "very" and it looked quite sad. It really did not have to come to this. The indecision has just allowed things to unravel further and further.
Agreed.

BlueHaze

I've heard as he went over to apologize to the fans he was greeted with multiple v signs and swearing from many in the away stands. If this is true it shows you how much of an absolutely horrific board we have to have let it gone this far.

Back To Madeira

Indeed. Ole has not been good enough this season but it's clear the players have stopped playing for him weeks ago. I do feel sorry for Ole as it's clear he should have been gone after the thrashing by the dippers, instead our inept board leave him hanging out to dry.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
What was the holiday good for?

Also he has 2 sons, I'd think they support United and I wonder if they'd want their dad sacked. Quite a dilemma that'd be.

el3mel

When you remember that the clowns in charge gave Ole a full week of holiday in the break as if they're rewarding him for his failure at the club. :lol:

They had 2 weeks to save the team but no, instead they gave the awful manager and his players a full rest and used the break to try and hope everyone forgets about the dire situation the team in.

People can talk as much as they want about that mythical rebuild he has done, there's no doubt in my mind, Ole has been a complete failure of an appointment considering the amount of money spent and what we achieved in this period.

Giggsy13

Been calling for his head for two years so don't know why I am feeling sad.
Deep down we wanted him to succeed that’s why. I feel sad as well. It’s just a confirmation that the romanticized view of our club and football generally is gone. Oil clubs and money rule football. The days of Sir Alex feel even longer ago and Ole tried to bring back those standards but he just simply isn’t good enough.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That's good with me. Don't buy it. Your explanation is that the board is just incompetent while my one is that they are greedy. I am pretty sure which one is more plausible.

Also there were several reports at the time that the Glazers balked at the financial implications of sacking Ole i.e., if we sack him and make the CL then we would just break even. It is in their interest to keep a yes man at the helm who would get top 4 every year without rattling the cage. Paying him off and brining on a more ambition manager would be akin to lighting a fire under your own backside.

This is purely motivated by money. It has nothing to do with being loyal to a manager.
That's what I meant by leveraging him into a mutual consent, with an undisclosed fee agreed. If the club comes first for him, he should be able to agree a compensation package that isn't 30m (or whatever crazy amount) instead of continuing this race to the bottom of the pile. I totally get that he doesn't want to resign without any compensation. When you've been involved with a completely incompetent and jobs-for-your-friends business like the club now is, seeing players who don't perform get 2-3-4-5 times what you get, seeing money frivolously spent on agent fees and transfer fees, you probably start to feel bitter by not getting a slice of the pie. And the way things have gone, he may not get anything in the same galaxy in terms of a job in football ever again. But if the only reason he's still in a job is because it costs 30m to sack him and he won't leave for less, then there is absolutely nothing to his love for the club. And I tend to believe that he's quite honest when it comes to that, though of course he looks after his own back.

Status
Not open for further replies.