Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

As I recall the horror run around Christmas that spelt doom for LVG was 3 defeats and 3 draws in 6 league games, and going down to 6th. Ole now at 5 defeats in 7 (with Chelsea next) and down to 7th at least until tomorrow. This run is literally worse than any spell under Van Gaal or Jose.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If he gets sacked now it'll make me even madder because he will have fecked up one of the Awards Show videos and there's going to be feck all time to fix it. cnut.

Red Stone

Are there really 450 opposition fans on here? That's the only way I can make sense of the poll.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why does someone as high as Joel Glazer need to decide if Ole is sacked?

the_cliff

He's gone, people need to stop worrying. We can't have an emergency meeting every week to only keep him as manager.

If not we're going to have another emergency meeting on Tuesday night, then again on Sunday, then Thursday.

Might as well go for the world record of 'emergency meetings'. :lol:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That's good with me. Don't buy it. Your explanation is that the board is just incompetent while my one is that they are greedy. I am pretty sure which one is more plausible.

Also there were several reports at the time that the Glazers balked at the financial implications of sacking Ole i.e., if we sack him and make the CL then we would just break even. It is in their interest to keep a yes man at the helm who would get top 4 every year without rattling the cage. Paying him off and brining on a more ambition manager would be akin to lighting a fire under your own backside.

This is purely motivated by money. It has nothing to do with being loyal to a manager.
Exactly right.

SER19

Why the feck are people pretending the Villareal game is so pivotal as if solskjaer is guaranteed to get us a draw :lol:

BlueHaze

He's gone, people need to stop worrying. We can't have an emergency meeting every week to only keep him as manager.

If not we're going to have another emergency meeting on Tuesday night, then again on Sunday, then Thursday.

Might as well go for the world record of 'emergency meetings'. :lol:
Impossible not to worry about things when you know the people in charge of massive decisions at the club are the likes of Joel & Avrem Glazer.

It's a proper nightmare and plenty of things to be worried about at this club.

King Kendrick

I've said it 15x already, but its baffling why the board decided to give him one last game when they knew if he lost he was gone :houllier:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Why does someone as high as Joel Glazer need to decide if Ole is sacked?
It’s obviously a money decision. How much does it cost to remove Ole, how much does it cost to hire a replacement and how much more does the team need spending on it - and more importantly what will the return be.
If Joel is making the call, it has feck all to do with on field performance and winning anything in a sporting sense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He is kinda the owner of the team
But he has hired CEO and Technical Football directors for a reason.
It’s obviously a money decision. How much does it cost to remove Ole, how much does it cost to hire a replacement and how much more does the team need spending on it - and more importantly what will the return be.
If Joel is making the call, it has feck all to do with on field performance and winning anything in a sporting sense.
This would make more sense.

OrcaFat

I've said it 15x already, but its baffling why the board decided to give him one last game when they knew if he lost he was gone :houllier:
But it was remotely possible we could have won today. Then got a result in Spain, drew with Chelsea, beat Arsenal. Could have turned a corner. Instead we lost today but I wouldn’t say it was a baffling decision. Having said that, Ole really should have gone after the Liv result. I would have sacked the entire football department including the players after that.

izec

Utter embarrassment. Even after a month since the writing was on the wall even for the most blinded, they still don't know what to do and who to appoint.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

No, just no
We obviously need a new set of coaches, but this might be a very short while just to get Solskjaer out and buy time to get in a new manager. I wouldn't expect them to be in charge for the rest of the season. The new manager may then decide to ship Carrick on, but he won't have influence over Fletcher or Murtough, unless he's leveraging the board to do an authentic structural improvement with a genuine DoF.

Status
Not open for further replies.