Ole & United vs. Frank & Chelsea: who will have the better season?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Dunno why people engage Amadeus at all, he's an awful poster. Beyond his own, quite a few other posts in here haven't aged that well...

Withnail

What's an Amadaeus moment anyway?

Is it when you make a show of yourself because you're too arrogant to back down and then talk about yourself in the third person in a supercilious manner?

Oh hang on I think I'm transcending.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Amadaeus is rarely ever wrong, the season is not over and people already forgotten about the many false dawns we had already. This season will be a waste if we don't win a trophy. Regardless, this season is an anomaly and with liverpool and city without their best player it just shows the amount of luck that is on our side. Ole doesn't have the capacity to get us back on top of Europe. He may do a Ranieri because of this strange season, but he will be found out and then another Amadaeus moment will happen.

A number of our penalties were controversial with regards to that subject.
Honestly. This kind of absolute crap, troll or otherwise, is ruining/has ruined the football forums.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
:lol: :lol: okay you’re a troll 100%, fair play it has taken me far too long to realise.

Speaking of Raineri, do you remember when you passionately argued that he shouldn’t be manager of the season when they won the league? And Poch should have been? :lol: good times.

When have city been without their best player? Assuming you mean De Bruyne he hasn’t even missed a game yet through his new injury, so don’t act like that suddenly makes a difference.

Basically no matter what happens and even if he wins the league you’re still right, that’s the narrative you’re setting.

You muppet/blatant troll.
Ranieri got sacked the season after :). Poch spurs was definitely more deserving then. Aguero has been missing most of the season and recently de bryune will be out for 6 week. Anyway, let see what happens. No way this amount of luck can be sustainable. The failure in the champion league and league cup correspond to that.

Sylar

Good Wumming by the Poch troll

It's like those Jose fans on Twitter who are bitter that Jose got sacked and are going after Ole

Imagine wanting Poch so bad as manager that you go into a gimmick like this
Lot of dedication

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ranieri got sacked the season after :). Poch spurs was definitely more deserving then. Aguero has been missing most of the season and recently de bryune will be out for 6 week. Anyway, let see what happens. No way this amount of luck can be sustainable. The failure in the champion league and league cup correspond to that.
Oh, so because Ranieri couldn't have sustained that challenge going forward, Poch should have been awarded the Manager of the season the year before? Excellent logic mate.

As far as the injury argument is concerned, I don't think you acknowledged our injury list an year ago, did you?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Good Wumming by the Poch troll

It's like those Jose fans on Twitter who are bitter that Jose got sacked and are going after Ole

Imagine wanting Poch so bad as manager that you go into a gimmick like this
Lot of dedication
Agreed! Fair play to them.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Oh, so because Ranieri couldn't have sustained that challenge going forward, Poch should have been awarded the Manager of the season the year before? Excellent logic mate.

As far as the injury argument is concerned, I don't think you acknowledged our injury list an year ago, did you?
It’s like saying Poch getting to the champions league final is a nothing achievement because he got sacked a few months later. :lol:

I think I find these criticisms so bewildering because we are in a title race and we have Ole has our manager mixed in with a super likeable bunch of players with lots of home grown lads. I mean what else can we ask for in terms of excitement? I don’t think we will win it but I’m loving watching us every week.

anant

It’s like saying Poch getting to the champions league final is a nothing achievement because he got sacked a few months later. :lol:
Exactly. It's the stupidity of the argument that needs to be marveled at.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

In that thread, I indicated why he wasn't deserving and I wasn't surprised that he was sacked next season and was unable to find a big job despite achieving something as significant like that. Poch on the other hand will be a wanted man by top clubs as he actual is a top manager. Ole will follow the same path as Ranieri

Sylar

Well Poch had to leave the country and join a lesser league to win a title, similar to Ole

Only difference is Ole took over a team who hadn't won a title whereas Poch has gone a team that always wins the title

mu4c_20le

What's an Amadaeus moment anyway?

Is it when you make a show of yourself because you're too arrogant to back down and then talk about yourself in the third person in a supercilious manner?

Oh hang on I think I'm transcending.
It's when you start off being a caricature, but then get so caught up in the arguments that it's become reality.

Grande

Chelsea won their last match and we lost ours, which means they'll 100% have the better season. :D
Fascinating reading that first page from august 19. Main conclusions were:

- Chelsea will be better than United 2019/20

- Chelsea under Lampard will be better long term than United under Solskjær
- Chelsea have a better squad than United in aug 19
- Lampard is a better coach and manager than Solskjær
- Lampard has a style and can implement it, Solskjær hasn’t and can’t
- Solskjær will be the first one sacked of the two

Anyone can (and will) make a wrong guess, what is baffling is the reasoning and the certainty. Extra marks to the quoted post forbeing the most sensible on that day.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Anyone can (and will) make a wrong guess, what is baffling is the reasoning and the certainty. Extra marks to the quoted post forbeing the most sensible on that day.
It’s the same reason why frustrated fans steam way too hard nto players during a bad patch of form. It’s not like you can hit top form without some kind of build up. The Chelsea situation just goes to show it doesn’t matter what a team looks like on paper if the chemistry is wrong.

anant

In that thread, I indicated why he wasn't deserving and I wasn't surprised that he was sacked next season and was unable to find a big job despite achieving something as significant like that. Poch on the other hand will be a wanted man by top clubs as he actual is a top manager. Ole will follow the same path as Ranieri
Mate, you're having a 'mare here.

I distinctly remember that thread, as I was one of the guys who was arguing with you. The name of the award was unfortunately "manager of the Year" not "Manager of the year who can sustain the perfromance level into atleast the next season" award. Had it been the latter, sure Poch would have won that. It's like saying Michu didn't have a great first season at Swansea as he wasn't going to keep up the level in the future.

He got a job in Ligue 1 ffs. This despite Juve, Barca, Arsenal all having had a vacancy since Poch's sacking. RM could also have sacked ZZ at multiple instances, if they really fancied Poch

Also, I think you should look into buying this book. Not sure how good it is, but should still be quite beneficial for you

FreddieTheReddie

Amadaeus is rarely ever wrong, the season is not over and people already forgotten about the many false dawns we had already. This season will be a waste if we don't win a trophy. Regardless, this season is an anomaly and with liverpool and city without their best player it just shows the amount of luck that is on our side. Ole doesn't have the capacity to get us back on top of Europe. He may do a Ranieri because of this strange season, but he will be found out and then another Amadaeus moment will happen.

This “false down” has been longer than a year now. Of course, we don’t know how the second half of the season will go but it’s looking less ans less like a false down.

And you say “we” and “our”, what does it mean? Are you supposed to be a United supporter or are you on the wrong forum?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Whenever I think my life isn't the best, I remind myself it could be worse, I could be a fully grown adult gimmick posting on a football forum.
How else will I prove that I know more about football than anyone else?

Gator Nate

The certainty behind all those wrong guesses is what annoyed me so much.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

How do you not get tired of spewing such huge quantities of agenda driven nonsense day in, day out? Third person references, good lord.

Reporting for quality control and finally putting you on ignore.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How do you not get tired of spewing such huge quantities of agenda driven nonsense day in, day out? Third person references, good lord.

Reporting for quality control and finally putting you on ignore.
Better late than never.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Lampard is going to be Chelsea's SAF. I just can't unsee the similarities. I can't unsee the football.
In the early days I saw so many similarities between Lampard's Chelsea and SAF's last couple of United sides. The numbers in attack, the width, the crossing, young players punching above their weight. It was fearless, never give up football. Tammy, Mount looked brilliant. I was extremely impressed.

However, they had no clue how to defend. I thought it was a matter of personnel, and that it was a matter of time, but clearly I was wrong. Once the new expensive new signings failed to perform, and the football regressed, there was only one outcome. I feel sorry for Lampard - if Werner had finished a few sitters and Havertz tried a little harder, he might still be around.

Ah, what could have been. And how wrong I was.

Trequarista10

Ole at Chelsea would have been sacked 2yrs ago
Tbh this is true. Its funny to read back these threads at the moment and mock Lampard/Chelsea, but honestly I quite like Lampard. He has a good future in management if he chooses, or punditry if he wants to take the easier route. I guess the nail in the coffin for him was buying 3 expensive attacking players in one window and failing to get the team settled and firing (in addition to having some young players already finding their feet still). Chelsea are ruthless with managers though and a different approach to United. Ole wouldn't have lasted more than 6 months there/under that ownership, he would have gone during his first bad run of form.

Sylar

Mate, you're having a 'mare here.

I distinctly remember that thread, as I was one of the guys who was arguing with you. The name of the award was unfortunately "manager of the Year" not "Manager of the year who can sustain the perfromance level into atleast the next season" award. Had it been the latter, sure Poch would have won that. It's like saying Michu didn't have a great first season at Swansea as he wasn't going to keep up the level in the future.

He got a job in Ligue 1 ffs. This despite Juve, Barca, Arsenal all having had a vacancy since Poch's sacking. RM could also have sacked ZZ at multiple instances, if they really fancied Poch

Also, I think you should look into buying this book. Not sure how good it is, but should still be quite beneficial for you
Reading a book is a good call

Shame there's a pandemic going on otherwise the suggestion of doing something social would also be on the table before he gets lost in this gimmick reality he's created. Saying that maybe an actual Phone call with a friend or two will bring a good amount of reality back away from this online gimmick