"Ole's first real test"

Gator Nate

When Ole has won the Treble two years in a row... That first game of the third season... will be his First Real Test®

M Bison

Supports
York City
I must say, it’s not something that ever really bothers me when I see it I just scroll past, but now it’ll probably make me smile and let out a bit of a chuckle knowing it winds certain posters up :D

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Pfft. You guy's don't know you're born. I still remember when you couldn't mention Bellion's name without someone replying:

... he's bloody quick though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why am I remembering Fergie in his leaving speech with the "support your new manager" bit, saying how Moyesie's real test would be winning 3 titles in a row.

3 games in a row wasn't a bloody given!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pfft. You guy's don't know you're born. I still remember when you couldn't mention Bellion's name without someone replying:

... he's bloody quick though.
Or Lingard - being a young lad.

1nil

It’s a phase and it will pass just like the “he could’ve killed him” joke . This thread just prolongs it :lol:

el3mel

This joke isn't funny at all I don't get why people who keep saying it think we laugh on it.

Wilt

Annoying yes ....but not as annoying as fecking “Ole‘s at the wheel”

McTerminator

I tell you what.. if you were to say this to Ole... I reckon that would be his first real test ;)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Its not as embarrassing as the dead horse continuously flogged.
People still laugh at the jokes about Lingard being a young prospect here, this place is all about beating a dead horse, it’s part of the charm.

lex talionis

The constant demand here that Ole be sacked is a far worse offense than this. But yeah, the joke is old now and should be laid to rest.

Grande

People still laugh at the jokes about Lingard being a young prospect here, this place is all about beating a dead horse, it’s part of the charm.
I have been present at plenty of old family party aftermaths where the saying ‘people still laugh about ...’ is proven to be true and it still makes me cringe for putting them out of my misery.

Brightonian

I've never posted it but I still find it funny.

Paper-thin in-jokes are basically all that holds any given online forum together. Let the people have their fun.

Tyrion

As a wise man once said, your next test is always your first real test
Same with "biggest game of the season". It can be used to describe basically half of the games in a season if you use them a few days before.

big rons sovereign

Same with "biggest game of the season". It can be used to describe basically half of the games in a season if you use them a few days before.
Especially this season. The table is insanely tight for this time of the year.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Ole’s first real testicle

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His first real test will be trying to defend the title next year.

King Eric 7

Every game will be Ole's first real test for us. Even his last game in charge. You just have to get used to it :p

Crashoutcassius

I think its hilarious

the evolution has been : people that nailed their colours to the mast on wanting ole out trying to downplay every good result directly afterwards, it starting to sound so ridiculous that they couldn't keep it, those same people getting upset at the joke as united climbed the table