Ole's Press Conference | 05:30 BST

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Except when we lost to Huddersfield he basically said these players are not good enough. feck Ed Woodward.
Not once during Ole’s tenure has he not been honest with the media. Based on what he saw that day, he sure as hell knew we weren’t good enough and our manager saying that is no different than Sir Alex calling us and I quote ‘suicidal’ when we lost 6-1 to City. Mourinho probably would have stuck three fingers up in the air shouting three PL titles. Ole can handle the media just like Sir Alex and I’m loving it. He just bats them away with his positivity. He’s the face of our club and whatever is going on behind the scenes is a mystery because he’s dealing with it, the way we have always done under Sir Alex. Quietly.

Reddy Rederson

Well you don't yell at him, that just makes you look like a prick. There's no situation in a professional environment where getting into a screaming match and yelling at other adults is appropriate. Not even in personal environments is it productive. You calmly talk to them and tell them it's a bit ridiculous, but being "stern" but calm, having serious discussions are very different from just shouting, where you end up looking like an idiot 100% of the time. Anyway, back on topic. Fans who hurl abuse at players over social media come across as idiots more often than not. Ties in with Ole's point, those "loudest" fans who hurl abuse everywhere that give a feeling of all doom and gloom at the club isnt necessarily the majority and they usually come across as idiots anyway.
Not a chance in hell anyone keeps their shit together after being served multiple soups with insects in them. And as I already pointed out, with out people losing their shit we would still be treating women as second class. Theres a time and place to civil and theres a time to stop being civil. Seven years. We have all held our breath and swallowed the bullshit the club has fed us. Some people are sick of being lied to, and they are reacting accordingly. Nothing has changed in all the calm discussion. Because nothing ever does when one party doesnt give a feck about the others point of view. Seven years, seven fecking years. And some fans being angry about it means they arent real fans? Sorry, thats BS. Anyone who has stuck around supporting the club over the past seven years is a fan. A real fan. The glory hunting days are gone. Might as well be seven soups with a fly in each one. At which point you know the server is taking the piss and deserves a shitty attitude.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
So many pathetic twitter-like posts in here. I'm fuming just by reading through them...
Totally agree. People completely out of touch with reality and waiting for the next opportunity to express outrage and disgust. It was simply a press conference; Ole doesn't have a lot of room to be candid about the team or our transfer process. I would prefer for my manager to be positive like Ole at the beginning of the year as opposed to doom and gloom self-sabotage like Jose last year. We will add a couple more players in this window; we are definitely talented enough to finish in the top 4, as Arsenal and Chelsea have had very poor off-seasons. I liked that Ole was talking about the team's robustness seeing how fragile this team has been over the last 5 years. Any little thing that goes wrong it's that "oh crap, here we go again" mentality from the lads. Need to find and/or develop some damn fighters and high character guys in that locker room.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not a chance in hell anyone keeps their shit together after being served multiple soups with insects in them. And as I already pointed out, with out people losing their shit we would still be treating women as second class. Theres a time and place to civil and theres a time to stop being civil. Seven years. We have all held our breath and swallowed the bullshit the club has fed us. Some people are sick of being lied to, and they are reacting accordingly. Nothing has changed in all the calm discussion. Because nothing ever does when one party doesnt give a feck about the others point of view. Seven years, seven fecking years. And some fans being angry about it means they arent real fans? Sorry, thats BS. Anyone who has stuck around supporting the club over the past seven years is a fan. A real fan. The glory hunting days are gone. Might as well be seven soups with a fly in each one. At which point you know the server is taking the piss and deserves a shitty attitude.
Its 6 years since Fergie retired. And fans have a right to be pissed, but my whole point was directed at those who just shout abuse at the club on Twitter are the "loud" fans who aren't "the best fans", and I entirely agree with Ole there. Everyone has a right to be frustrated, but at the end of the day, its "just" football. Something is wrong with people if they feel the need to constantly hurl abuse at players like Lingard and Rashford (as examples) and insult them personally, when at the end of the day, this is a job for these players while just essentially entertainment for us (no matter how important it is to all of us, it is just entertainment at the end of the day).

Anyway, I really dont understand why people get butthurt over Ole saying basically that the fans who shit on everything all the time (the loudest) aren't exactly "the best fans"? Its entirely true. By best he doesnt mean who is a real fan or isnt, he probably just means more on the line of who is a overly dramatic annoying fecker compared to those who have more patience and don't complain about every little thing. There are fans who demand instant results, instant changes, and dont want to hear any excuses. Then there are fans who understand it'll take some time to turn shit around because of previous mistakes and don't drive themselves crazy.

Crashoutcassius

Im more positive after the interview. Could really do with someone to organise the back line but do think it will be hard for madrid to peel pogba away this summer and still hoping against hope that we can add an attacker of some sort, even if lukaku leaves we may sign someone with a different style

redIndianDevil

Its 6 years since Fergie retired. And fans have a right to be pissed, but my whole point was directed at those who just shout abuse at the club on Twitter are the "loud" fans who aren't "the best fans", and I entirely agree with Ole there. Everyone has a right to be frustrated, but at the end of the day, its "just" football. Something is wrong with people if they feel the need to constantly hurl abuse at players like Lingard and Rashford (as examples) and insult them personally, when at the end of the day, this is a job for these players while just essentially entertainment for us (no matter how important it is to all of us, it is just entertainment at the end of the day).

Anyway, I really dont understand why people get butthurt over Ole saying basically that the fans who shit on everything all the time (the loudest) aren't exactly "the best fans"? Its entirely true. By best he doesnt mean who is a real fan or isnt, he probably just means more on the line of who is a overly dramatic annoying fecker compared to those who have more patience and don't complain about every little thing. There are fans who demand instant results, instant changes, and dont want to hear any excuses. Then there are fans who understand it'll take some time to turn shit around because of previous mistakes and don't drive themselves crazy.
People get emotionally invested in sports, it's part and parcel of the football or any other sport for that matter. Would you prefer a pin drop silence in the stadium as there is no need for singing songs or creating an atmosphere since it's just a sport?

Also it may just be a sport for some people, but many match going fans spend their hard earned money by travelling to games and supporting the team, they must be allowed to express the frustration when we do very badly. Who has fecked up our club in the last 6 years, is it the incompetent board hiring idiot manager, the said managers buying utter crap players for inflated prices and the pathetic coaching/tactics of said managers or the fans? Why are the fans being judged here?

Keefy18

He doesn't have to go full Mourinho and start throwing players under the bus and downing tools but he could say the squad needs strengthening and the board need to show more ambition, he needs to throw shade on the likes of the Glazers and Woodward because they will not be so kind to him when they realize they need a new short term fix to fool the fans into not kicking up a fuss at them directly.
This idea is just so utterly, utterly feckin crazy!

When has a manager turning on the board ever ended well? Look at Rafa at Newcastle, Jose at his last 3 clubs...Rewind back to Fergie against Edwards? Retired temporarily and then picked a fight he lost in humiliating public fashion against Magnier & McManus.

If you turned on your manager and "Threw them some shade" as you put it, did it end well? You can't go around picking fights with your manager and expect it to have a positive out come. It's naive and / or stupid.

We've a large section of our fan base who thought the minute Ole got the job he was going to go all Martin Luther King or Full blown Norwegian William Wallace and free the club of the glazers.

He has a once in a lifetime opportunity, he is being supported by the board already and will get more no doubt about it.

So no, the last thing we need is more public drama within the club.

Keefy18

What absolute tripe!!!

The way your posting you'd swear the club had been relegated ffs. The club has been through far, far, far worse. We've been mediocre at worst in the last 6 years, a top 4 fighting side and we've folks posting like its worst than Munich or OT being bombed by nazis.

Lemansky

This is a very good post which summarise what Ole meant with that comment.

I for one are very disappointed with all the negative shit against Ole. He is a professional doing his job. He loves the club and deeply wants us to succeed. He is probably working day and night and giving his absolute all. He ain’t a yes man, he is simply doing what he thinks is best for the club.

Reddy Rederson

What absolute tripe!!!

The way your posting you'd swear the club had been relegated ffs. The club has been through far, far, far worse. We've been mediocre at worst in the last 6 years, a top 4 fighting side and we've folks posting like its worst than Munich or OT being bombed by nazis.
Coming from you, that’s hilarious.

We haven’t been winning anything for years. That’s what always got slapped around on united fans, they took he easy route to support a club so they could get glory. Where’s the glory? It’s all on the blue side. So if people are “glory hunters” what the feck are they doing here? Having 4th place street parties?

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Exactly, considering we only spent £50m on Fred.

It is annoying that fans think not qualifying for Champions League is why we are not spending money. this is another just another bit of information fed by Ed to the media. Oh we cannot sign Sancho, Ndombole, and the like because of no Champions League. Well we had Champions League last year and could only attract Fred.

The last time we signed well was when we were in Eurpoa.

Am I the only one to realise whatever comes out of Ed is absolutely garbage?
Ed is total garbage and just a puppet for those milking the club. By those I mean the owners who in my opinion have shown they do not give a shit about football and are only interested in making money. When the club eventually hits rock bottom they sell.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What absolute tripe!!!

I think the concern is you pay the highest wages in the league, you haven’t spent that much less than City in transfers and you still transitioning. Personally I think the debt United were bought on is starting to show, missing out on the CL is financially very hard especially when your owners are there to make a profit.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
Look at it this way.. Ed is the one in total control of the club. Since Ed took over the control of the club we have become a club with a very large ambition to rake in cash, and very little interest in investing it into the football side of things. The rat will never be sacked for team performances. But he could go down if finances get damaged. For the only interest the owners have is the cash.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
What absolute tripe!!!

HI ED should you not be busy with transfer business?

Keefy18

I just think they don't want to spend money, end of.

Regarding the whole loud whingey fans vs more positive fans I can see both points of view but my feeling was that this summer HAS to be one in which big changes are made considering how appalling last year was and how we're so far behind our two biggest rivals it's not even funny. Ed and the Glazers must know that they can't expect OT fans to be as nice and polite with this situation forever. Something they may not have accounted for is that the fan unrest if things go badly won't bounce back on Ole given his status at the club, it will be on them when results go badly.
We'll spend no doubt about it, but I've no doubt that moving some of the deadwood on is proving extremely difficult.

I mean almost every single supporter would agree that say Rojo and Darmian are average at best. How many times have you read time and time again they are deadwood, they aren't good enough etc etc...

But on the other hand folks conveniently forget all this and then expect them to be sold without issues.

This isn't a dig at you at all Irwin but, do folks not combine the two and apply some common sense and realize there isn't a manager with the slightest bit of cop on that would touch either of them with a 500 foot barge pole!

Anyone reading this consider this, if you were a manager of a team would you part with transfer funds to buy Jones? Rojo? Darmian? When you consider how little some of them have played in recent years, how poor they've been when they have managed to play, their injury records and finally...their wages.

Folks seem to think its a simple click of the fingers and players move on.

Before anyone says just take whatever, then the board / Woodward are slated as well in turn for not getting a return on investment and under selling the player in question.

Keefy18

Coming from you, that’s hilarious.

We haven’t been winning anything for years. That’s what always got slapped around on united fans, they took he easy route to support a club so they could get glory. Where’s the glory? It’s all on the blue side. So if people are “glory hunters” what the feck are they doing here? Having 4th place street parties?
I think you need to learn what glory hunter means. It's when we don't win we get sulky, temper tantrums from our supporters demanding we constantly win trophies and threaten the club with protests and think because they pay for a match ticket it gives them the right to abuse the staff of the club...

NEWSFLASH... It doesn't.

We've won more trophies in the post Fergie years than Spurs & Liverpool combined and same as Arsenal. We've had a few years fighting for top 4 but folks are posting like its the end of the world.

It's completely OTT dramatics and so far removed from reality.

I think the concern is you pay the highest wages in the league, you haven’t spent that much less than City in transfers and you still transitioning. Personally I think the debt United were bought on is starting to show, missing out on the CL is financially very hard especially when your owners are there to make a profit.
The debt isn't a problem, this has been posted quite a bit recently which debunks many of the myths posted on United forums.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
Seems like an American football team have a similar problem with ticks ..
Time to See Reality
jobuc597 replied to Tundra's topic in Tampa Bay Buccaneers Forum

...I used to talk to some fellas from England where theGlazers owned the soccer team Manchester United a very good team until the scum of sports bought them with Dads Money ….they ran the Man Utd into the ground like they did with the Bucs.....What are you gonna do ? Quit going to the games in protest...

Reddy Rederson

I think you need to learn what glory hunter means. It's when we don't win we get sulky, temper tantrums from our supporters demanding we constantly win trophies and threaten the club with protests and think because they pay for a match ticket it gives them the right to abuse the staff of the club...

NEWSFLASH... It doesn't.

We've won more trophies in the post Fergie years than Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal combined. We've had a few years fighting for top 4 but folks are posting like its the end of the world.

The debt isn't a problem, this has been posted quite a bit recently which debunks many of the myths posted on United forums.

:rolleyes:

Im red2

Prophet of Doom

NEWSFLASH... It doesn't.

We've won more trophies in the post Fergie years than Spurs & Liverpool combined and same as Arsenal. We've had a few years fighting for top 4 but folks are posting like its the end of the world.

Over the top dramatics.. removed from reality? We have become shite in a very short period under Woodward. For Woodward is the one currently running the football affairs at United in case you have been living under a rock. True we have won some trophies since SAF has retired and even some since Woodward become the top dog. BUt now we need some investment from our vast finances in order to bring this club back up to where it belongs. But this is not happening. The club is run like a playschool and the blame is fully on the owners.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
Comprehend just fine Reddy. If you want me to educate you further on the topic I can on the assigned thread.

Same for you @Im red2 - Can't be ar$ed with it here.
So you think ED is doing a great job? The Glazers are improving United as a football club. WE are looking great for the future under the current owners.? I have a bridge in London I can sell you.

Keefy18

So you think ED is doing a great job? The Glazers are improving United as a football club. WE are looking great for the future under the current owners.? I have a bridge in London I can sell you.
Christ! Reddy thinks I've reading comprehension problems. You should be more worried about this lad Reddy!

Fooza

Watching that press conference I got the following vibes:

1. He isn't sure if he will get his targets.
2. He's being backed by the board but the imbeciles that are working above aren't doing a good job at getting said targets or shifting.
3. I'm not confident that he is confident it will be a successful window.

That's just from pure vibes, I don't really like to follow words spoken as he is obviously going to detract/talk positively. If the board don't get in players and start shifting, Ole will just be another deadman walking this season.

Edit: That question about shifting herrera off and getting in 2 players so far, where is the ruthlessness, was top. We're still waiting...

el3mel

Not once during Ole’s tenure has he not been honest with the media. Based on what he saw that day, he sure as hell knew we weren’t good enough and our manager saying that is no different than Sir Alex calling us and I quote ‘suicidal’ when we lost 6-1 to City. Mourinho probably would have stuck three fingers up in the air shouting three PL titles. Ole can handle the media just like Sir Alex and I’m loving it. He just bats them away with his positivity. He’s the face of our club and whatever is going on behind the scenes is a mystery because he’s dealing with it, the way we have always done under Sir Alex. Quietly.
Way too optimism and wishful thinking about his pressers.

For me he appears to be saying random things that contradict each other from time to time and throw points left, right and center without a clue. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get many of what he is saying, like claiming last season many players have played their last game and here we are.

Media having an agenda against Pogba despite the fact the video was posted by the club twitter account, the player and his agent said he wanted to leave. Just a big example of what I'm talking about.

He does not know what he's saying and is trying to act too positive but that's about it. He's doesn't appear to be hiding anything.

Far from SAF in the pressers.

Green_Red

Basically said Pogba is under contract, will honor it and there has been no bid.. If someone wants it, pay up. or feck off.

Sensible... the right thing to do as well.. If Pogba stays on then there is no point isolating him..

Hazard was sold for ~130 with 1 year left . Pogba will have 2 next summer.. We can get ~150m for him next summer as well. wont go cheap this summer.

Excited to see the new additions.. the signings and the youth players.. We'll add a few more as well..
100%

No point burning bridges just because he said what he said. I thought it was interesting that Ole mentioned "we talk too". Think there might be a hint of contract negotiations, which if that was why Pogba made his statement, would make sense. No better way to get a payrise than to say "I'm off".

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
So our fans are at fault for our struggles post Fergie?

They are at fault for playing tumescent stuff, for employing wrong managers, for investing in wrong players, for not having a proper structure or clear style on the pitch?

The vocal ones are obviously the ones that stand in the way - those who like to have a DoF and not Woodward to puppeteer every footballing matters, regardless of him not having a clue about the sport, only the business side.

Those who are vocal against the owners and how the club is ran into mediocrity.

It's obvious that some people want to lower the standards and turn those fans into puppets and yes men, just like our entire footballing staff is at the moment - from top to bottom.

Of course for Glazers and Ed everything will be rosy as they reap the profit from all those fans that create the inconvenience with their high expectations.
Well said.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
Poor Ole led into believing that he is the manager of the club he loves, Manchester United, and not getting feck all backing from the board led by that anti football imbecile Ed Woodward. I predict we will finish 6th or 7th next season if we have a run of form.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Way too optimism and wishful thinking about his pressers.

For me he appears to be saying random things that contradict each other from time to time and throw points left, right and center without a clue. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get many of what he is saying, like claiming last season many players have played their last game and here we are.

Media having an agenda against Pogba despite the fact the video was posted by the club twitter account, the player and his agent said he wanted to leave. Just a big example of what I'm talking about.

He does not know what he's saying and is trying to act too positive but that's about it. He's doesn't appear to be hiding anything.

Far from SAF in the pressers.
To be fair a number of players have played their last game for the club and you can hardly expect him to hang out the dirty washing in public, that would be disastrous leadership especially after Mourinho.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People get emotionally invested in sports, it's part and parcel of the football or any other sport for that matter. Would you prefer a pin drop silence in the stadium as there is no need for singing songs or creating an atmosphere since it's just a sport?

Also it may just be a sport for some people, but many match going fans spend their hard earned money by travelling to games and supporting the team, they must be allowed to express the frustration when we do very badly. Who has fecked up our club in the last 6 years, is it the incompetent board hiring idiot manager, the said managers buying utter crap players for inflated prices and the pathetic coaching/tactics of said managers or the fans? Why are the fans being judged here?
I'm not saying "just a sport". Getting emotionally invested is fine, happens to us all. I just mean it's not fine and always cringey looking back (because we all do it) when we see how pissed off we get, the shite some people say about some players, to some players right on social media or even in person (that old guy to Pogba, or that guy who punched Grealish). It's straight up embarrassing for that to happen. For someone to get THAT upset that you just attack them or shout abuse at them endlessly because in your eyes they didn't do well enough on the pitch?

And yes, there's been feck up after feck up at the club, that is obvious. What Ole is saying is that many are also positive, optimistic, hopeful, and the one's who shit on everyone and everything and overwhelmingly cloud the rest aren't necessarily the vast majority. It's literally a standard response. Yet so many people are taking it personally because many on here have been shitting on Ole and the players endlessly for the past 6 months and it's been nothing but doom and gloom, so they feel personally attacked. You're allowed to vent on a forum all you want. But don't think it is beyond embarrassing when you see grown men having interactions like that one with Pogba at the end of the season, and that's the "loud minority" who aren't necessarily the "best supporters" to have around.

el3mel

To be fair a number of players have played their last game for the club and you can hardly expect him to hang out the dirty washing in public, that would be disastrous leadership especially after Mourinho.
He clearly said in public last season that he will be successful here with or without some players, then that some players played their last game for the club. Some months later and it's the same squad bar Valencia and Herrera, the former hardly played and the latter wasn't a deadwood.

He's just saying random stuff.

Eric's Seagull

Poor Ole led into believing that he is the manager of the club he loves, Manchester United, and not getting feck all backing from the board led by that anti football imbecile Ed Woodward. I predict we will finish 6th or 7th next season if we have a run of form.
Totally agree with the part in bold. Feel sorry for Ole as I don't think Woody has given him a fair platform to build from. Still hoping for a few signings or can see us having a crap season.