Ole's Press Conference | 05:30 BST

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I can't believe he didn't say what I wanted him to say, do what I wanted him to do, and sign who I wanted him to sign!!!

#OleExit

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Well there has been loads of talks and speculation, about many of our players. For me, it is business as usual. When you are at man united you expect these things to pop up in the summer. I have spoken to Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford, Jesse and as far as I’m aware we don’t have any bids for any of our players. We do not have to sell players.

Paul, it looks like it is going to be media. he is a top professional, there have never been any problems. Jesse and Pogba walking around, portrayed as fight between the two boys, but that is nothing. No problems whatsoever.
I am here to talk about all of pre-season. Paul has never pt himself out of the team, he has always given his best. Agents talk all of the time, we have not had any bids.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
We have got players here who I trust, loads of players who I know will be successful. We have signed two who are fantastic, with young and hunger. The business side of it is that you have to be in the market, at the moment we don’t have offers for our players.

Paul has never been a concern for me. He is a true professional, I can’t be sitting here speaking about him all the time and what agents are saying. We have a few years left of his contract and for me he has been fantastic.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Solskjaer on transfers
We are still in the market, we want more deals. We don’t have to sell, but we also don’t have to over-pay. Looking at our squad now, we have a good squad. This squad will have to be more robust once the season gets going. Last season we had a run without defeats, but the end was disappointing.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Solskjaer on forwards
We had four players with double figures. We don’t rely on one to score 30, 40 goals. We have Anthony, Rom. Mason is due a breakthrough, Dan James will chip in. Let’s see who hits form

On Greenwood
Mason will definitely play more games and he has grown over the summer. I think his confidence has grown after that Cardiff game.

haram

Yeah you cant say the squad is good after saying “I will be successful and some of these players wont be here next season”. We’ve handed out contract extensions and it’s our better players who are linked with moves away.

Thiagoal

Sounds like Greenwood is going to be playing a big part next season... exciting

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Summary is, he praised Pogba a lot. Said we haven't received any offers for the player we wanted to off load. Greenwood will play lot more this season.

Satissh12

Summary is, he praised Pogba a lot. Said we haven't received any offers for the player we wanted to off load. Greenwood will play lot more this season.
Pogba has a heart of Gold, he gives his all, wants to contribute to the team...

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He probably didn't believe everything he said, but that's better than the negative tone Jose set (whether Jose had case to moan is a different topic) in first press conference last year. If we get Maguire and Bruno, sell Jones, Rojo and Darmian and probably sell Lukaku and get decent striker who can be a good back-up, I will be satisfied with the window.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
@TelegraphDucker
Solskajer on Pogba: "I have been in touch with Paul and spoken to Paul, spoken to Rom. As far as I'm aware we don't have any bids for our players. We're Man United, we don't have to sell players." #mufc

Solskjaer on Pogba: "With Paul, it looks like it's going to be a media ... I don't want to call it a ... but it's an agenda against Paul. He's a top, top bloke. He's a great professional. He's never been any problem. He's got a heart of gold." #mufc

Solskjaer on Lingard/Pogba footage: "Jesse and Paul were walking around and it's been portrayed as a fight between the two boys. I know you're here to sell papers and sell stories but there are no problems between the boys at all. Pre-season has been very good so far." #mufc

Solskjaer on Pogba: "Paul has never put himself out of the team, he's always wanted to play, he's always given his best and I can't report any more than that. Agents talk all the time. We've not had any bids from any clubs and that's all I can say about this matter." #mufc

Fans asking where is "ruthlessness" you promised in terms of change? OGS: "Yeah, I can see your point but doing business in the football market is not going to be a quick fix overnight. There are loads of players here I know are going to be successful at this club."

Solskjaer on Pogba: "Paul has never been a concern for me. When he's on the pitch he's working hard, he's a true professional, he's a proud boy. I can't be sitting here talking about Paul all the time and what agents are saying. We've got a few years left of his contract." #mufc

tenpoless

"Jesse and Paul were walking around and it's been portrayed as a fight between the two boys"
"it looks like it's going to be a media ... I don't want to call it a ... but it's an agenda against Paul"

But Ole.. it's the club's twitter account that posted the video! We need better content creators :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fairly good PC. Said he wants a few more signings and also protected Pogba which is a right thing to do but never said he's unsellable.
The fact that he kept on reiterating that there's been no bids for our players more or less makes it clear that Pogba is for sale but we're not going to alienate Pogba and make it easier for Madrid to sign him.

Grande

I can't believe he didn't say what I wanted him to say, do what I wanted him to do, and sign who I wanted him to sign!!!

#OleExit
He said just what I wanted him to say, so he’s all foam and no beer; he did what I wanted him to do, so he’s a crowd pleaser, he signed exactly who I wanted him to sign, so he’s Ed Woodward.

prateik

Basically said Pogba is under contract, will honor it and there has been no bid.. If someone wants it, pay up. or feck off.

Sensible... the right thing to do as well.. If Pogba stays on then there is no point isolating him..

Hazard was sold for ~130 with 1 year left . Pogba will have 2 next summer.. We can get ~150m for him next summer as well. wont go cheap this summer.

Excited to see the new additions.. the signings and the youth players.. We'll add a few more as well..

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Ole handles the media well, it is good to see after José because I hated his pressers and was cringing half the time. It is clear we are being overcharged for players we want after what Ole just said, that has always been the case for United, but it is getting even worse. I wonder if Ed is regretting his cock sure comment that we can do things in the market that other clubs can only dream of doing?

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I don’t get why people are so annoyed with Ole? He’s doing the complete opposite to Mourinho. He’s not telling the fans that he’s given Ed a list of targets and that it’s all in Ed’s hands. He is not airing our dirty laundry in public and I like that. It doesn’t make him any less of a manager in fact, it signals the sign of a proper Manchester United manager. We need to keep our s**t together and behind closed doors.

Reactions: Sultan

BlackBen

Only thing I am excited about is Greenwood getting more game time next season.

Irrational.

Ole must be Glazer's/ Woodward's dream. They don't have to worry about any negativity or dodgy comment that puts us in a bad light or could get us in trouble.

haram

I don’t get why people are so annoyed with Ole? He’s doing the complete opposite to Mourinho. He’s not telling the fans that he’s given Ed a list of targets and that it’s all in Ed’s hands. He is not airing our dirty laundry in public and I like that. It doesn’t make him any less of a manager in fact, it signals the sign of a proper Manchester United manager. We need to keep our s**t together and behind closed doors.
Except when we lost to Huddersfield he basically said these players are not good enough. feck Ed Woodward.

NoMidfielders

Seems to match up with his reputation as a Glazers yes man who will accept mediocre transfer windows which cement out position well outside of the top 3. Also sounds like Dan James is actually intended to be a first teaser with that "chip in" comment, he got 4 goals in the championship last season playing with far more space in behind the opposition then he'll get at United so I wouldn't expect too many from him.

Grande

Ole handles the media well, it is good to see after José because I hated his pressers and was cringing half the time. It is clear we are being overcharged for players we want after what Ole just said, that has always been the case for United, but it is getting even worse. I wonder if Ed is regretting his cock sure comment that we can do things in the market that other clubs can only dream of doing?
Watching Mourinho and Benitez at press conferences is always a bit interesting, you never know what would happen. Both would probably have even better carreers if they were spared the press meetings though.

Matt007a

I think it’s tricky to answer questions about the deadwood. He said they weren’t good enough last season and he was right, but if there isn’t interest in them or the offers are no good then he can’t afford to totally alienate them. He will need those players at various stages of the season even if they’re not first choice and even if they’re not really good enough.

I’m sure he is still of the same opinion as last season that some of these players aren’t right for us but it may take more than one window to remove them. I mean honestly, who is gonna buy Phil Jones from us!?

SER19

Love ole. Will stand by him until its terminal. But how can he say he's been a great professional 2 weeks after telling press at a media event it was a good time to move. Absolute utter bullshit there. Sure play it down, but no need to kiss his arse after he gave the entire club the finger.

Roboc7

Seems to match up with his reputation as a Glazers yes man who will accept mediocre transfer windows which cement out position well outside of the top 3. Also sounds like Dan James is actually intended to be a first teaser with that "chip in" comment, he got 4 goals in the championship last season playing with far more space in behind the opposition then he'll get at United so I wouldn't expect too many from him.
He’s doing what you would expect the manager to do, Jose did complete opposite and got nowhere. No point taking everything literally, actions or lack of them will speak louder than words in the end.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think it’s tricky to answer questions about the deadwood. He said they weren’t good enough last season and he was right, but if there isn’t interest in them or the offers are no good then he can’t afford to totally alienate them. He will need those players at various stages of the season even if they’re not first choice and even if they’re not really good enough.

I’m sure he is still of the same opinion as last season that some of these players aren’t right for us but it may take more than one window to remove them. I mean honestly, who is gonna buy Phil Jones from us!?
Yeah, this is how I see it too. They are not good enough but we can't sell them. So it's better not to alienate them.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I hope he understands that if we end up with an underwhelming transfer window then his own career and reputation will be on the line. This squad is not fit for purpose and we need more then just a championship player and Saint's reject to change that. Also Woodward won't think twice to throw him under the bus if things go wrong