Ole's Press Conference (Chelsea)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think this will be his last game out as its a three match suspension and the match in which he got sent off will be counted as one.
No that's not how it works :lol:

its 3 games after you're banned.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ole has tried various combinations of fred and McT with other players but none was eyebrow raising performance. But when they play together they become like left hand right hand. They clap when they play together.
Fred has continued to play well with others, he just hasn't been given that many opportunities. McTominay not so much.

Fred-Matic-Bruno only played three league games and won them all without conceding a goal, including victories over City and Chelsea (did lose against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi but we did rest a few players). Fred-Pogba-Bruno against Sevilla was probably our best midfield performance in the last couple of months of last season even though we lost.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Don't really understand this embargo thing. There were no great revelations in that part. Just some questions and answers.

What's the point of the embargo?
The technical definition of embargo in journalism and PR is as follows: "In journalism and public relations, a news embargo or press embargo is a request or requirement by a source that the information or news provided by that source not be published until a certain date or certain conditions have been met.

For example information about a player not being available, pending transfers, opinions on tactics etc that is of interest to the opposition could be relevant. The club essentially decides what is part of the embargoed section. (Unless I have missed something important here and it's actually the other way around, if so someone correct me).

georgipep

The technical definition of embargo in journalism and PR is as follows: "In journalism and public relations, a news embargo or press embargo is a request or requirement by a source that the information or news provided by that source not be published until a certain date or certain conditions have been met.

For example information about a player not being available, pending transfers, opinions on tactics etc that is of interest to the opposition could be relevant. The club essentially decides what is part of the embargoed section. (Unless I have missed something important here and it's actually the other way around, if so someone correct me).
I think in recent years it has become a regular part of every press conference and it is more to give the media a second period to publish information.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Except none of any of this was included in the embargoed section.

Sometimes, or often, maybe, in the motoring press, they might let some of the leading journalists test a new model prior to launch on the proviso that the test can not be printed before a certain date. It gives them a head start and a possible exclusive on a new car, slightly before the launch date.

Mind you, motoring journalism isn't populated by a bunch of idiotic, inane, lying cnuts, like football journalism is.

This stuff was just run of the mill football prezzer questions and answers.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I think this will be his last game out as its a three match suspension and the match in which he got sent off will be counted as one.
The red card he got against Eric Lamela the actor? I recall when Eric Lamela the cheater laid down on the ground and pretended to be injured and had Martial sent off.

I sometimes forget that Eric Lamela is actually a cheating actor but hey, what can you do when a player lays down on the ground pretending to be hurt.

I look forward to Martial being back. Perhaps football actor Eric Lamela should play with some pillows next time so he wont break something when someone lightly bumps into him.

Did I mention that Eric Lamela is actually a cheater?

Matriac

Suspensions doesn't count the game you got the card in, where did you get that idea from?

Martial is suspended this and the Arsenal game.

bludsucker

No that's not how it works :lol:

its 3 games after you're banned.
Suspensions doesn't count the game you got the card in, where did you get that idea from?

Martial is suspended this and the Arsenal game.
Yeah now that i have checked it, he is suspended for the arsenal game too. I don’t know why I thought that the game he got suspended will also be counted as one. Thanks for correcting me. Got to learn a new thing.

bludsucker

The red card he got against Eric Lamela the actor? I recall when Eric Lamela the cheater laid down on the ground and pretended to be injured and had Martial sent off.

I sometimes forget that Eric Lamela is actually a cheating actor but hey, what can you do when a player lays down on the ground pretending to be hurt.

I look forward to Martial being back. Perhaps football actor Eric Lamela should play with some pillows next time so he wont break something when someone lightly bumps into him.

Did I mention that Eric Lamela is actually a cheater?
I might have missed it if not for the last line.