Ole's Press conference (Newcastle)

klayton88

Straight in with the first question being about non footballing matters. Has she asked about Rooney yet?

choccy77

I think Ole gave himself an option to drop Harry by mentioning that he suffered a knock, before he was sent off... a wise white lie, so as to not put a big news story out, should he be dropped for tomorrow.

Ole clearly unimpressed with Pogba.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think Ole gave himself an option to drop Harry by mentioning that he suffered a knock, before he was sent off... a wise white lie, so as to not put a big news story out, should he be dropped for tomorrow.

Yeah, thought the same re: Maguire. But he'll likely start because he's the best we got.

Re: Pogba, that was quite interesting. We'll activate the year option. Sounded like he'd be sold next summer. Ole in the past would have said something along the lines that he's a world class player we want to build this team around. Telling.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Having to admit to himself what many of us have known since Pogba joined.

Dr. StrangeHate

Ole seems to have abit of bite in him today.
Ole has the uncanny ability to get results when his job is under pressure. I can't really point to what he does differently though. If Woodward can just post a picture with Pochettino on his Instagram every month we might just win the title.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Straight to the point!

Where is the passion, the fire, the anger or whatever that inspire his squad, us supporters that he (Ole) wants to prove his doubters wrong?

Such a lame and uninspiring presser. If I didn’t know better I could easily think that everything is ok and rosy. This bla bla mentality reminds me of incompetent politicians who just talk and talk and in the end you don’t remember anything. Like wtf did he say?

I will receive a ton of criticism from the Oleinners because of my view of this but I hate these kind of snowflake mentality with a voice that say everything and nothing with the same tone.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Straight to the point!

Where is the passion, the fire, the anger or whatever that inspire his squad, us supporters that he (Ole) wants to prove his doubters wrong?

Such a lame and uninspiring presser. If I didn’t know better I could easily think that everything is ok and rosy. This bla bla mentality reminds me of incompetent politicians who just talk and talk and in the end you don’t remember anything. Like wtf did he say?

I will receive a ton of criticism from the Oleinners because of my view of this but I hate these kind of snowflake mentality with a voice that say everything and nothing with the same tone.
Tagline checks out ;)

What’s Ole gonna do? Lash out and get super angry in the middle of a presser?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Straight to the point!

What's a press conference really going to do?

But I swear if he's sat on his arse 90% of the time in the match, he's got some explaining to do.

He needs to be out there giving the players a bollocking if they feck up and not be mr nice guy again.

clarkydaz

Yeah, thought the same re: Maguire. But he'll likely start because he's the best we got.

Re: Pogba, that was quite interesting. We'll activate the year option. Sounded like he'd be sold next summer. Ole in the past would have said something along the lines that he's a world class player we want to build this team around. Telling.
No chance he walks away for free again. The club and board will never live that one down

dev1l

Sounds like he's not being offered a new contract.
Raiola won't be happy. He wants a fat cheque when Pogba signs a new contract and another fat cheque when Pogba moves next summer.

Expect more noises linking Pogba away from us and perhaps noises about "United players unhappy with......".

VojjE

But I swear if he's sat on his arse 90% of the time in the match, he's got some explaining to do.

He needs to be out there giving the players a bollocking if they feck up and not be mr nice guy again.
Standing in the area shouting isn't really indicative of anything. Ole should do what he feels is best, shouting for shouting's sake is just going to come of as fake. Ole is a dressing room bollocker anyway.

dev1l

In a press conference, Ole is speaking on behalf of the club -the same club which is negotiating with the agent of the player. So he ll say stuff that suit the negotiating position of the club .

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Tagline checks out ;)

What’s Ole gonna do? Lash out and get super angry in the middle of a presser?
He should have thrown his chair at the wall atleast.
Are you that stupid? Super angry or thrown his chair, that’s the only two options? Really.

Some of our supporters deserves mediocrity. Well, congratulation. It’s all yours.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No chance he walks away for free again. The club and board will never live that one down
Of course not. Hence, if he won't sign a new deal (or if he isn't being offered one) he'll be moved on for as much as possible.

In a press conference, Ole is speaking on behalf of the club -the same club which is negotiating with the agent of the player. So he ll say stuff that suit the negotiating position of the club .
Quite possibly. Depends on whether or not they've made a decision on whether he fits into the vision for the future (if they have one). I presume Raiola is behind that story that Pogba could go on a free to Barca (didn't read it as it was daft). Best case scenario for Raiola is Pogba getting a bumper new deal, Raiola getting a huge payoff, and then rinse repeat, try to flog him around in a year's time.

pass.pass.pass

Ole has the uncanny ability to get results when his job is under pressure. I can't really point to what he does differently though. If Woodward can just post a picture with Pochettino on his Instagram every month we might just win the title.
Wish he got them when his job was not under pressure, too :smirk:

Seriously though, this will be a make or break month for him. Everything has been against him till now: the lack of pre-season; the pathetic transfer window, and now a horror sequence of fixtures against good teams. If he gets out of it alive, he will have earned it. Then again, it's what we should expect from a Manchester United manager.

jem

Are you that stupid? Super angry or thrown his chair, that’s the only two options? Really.

Some of our supporters deserves mediocrity. Well, congratulation. It’s all yours.
You seem very upset over this. Troubling.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ole on his future at the club

There’s no amount of money I would leave my job for.

I live a 2 minute drive to my office, I have an open bar, I made manager in 4 months with the team, I built my squad by myself with my buddies and good looking girls, I say what I want (no PC shit in my office), I dress how I want and I’ve openly done cocaine in the office.

I make more than enough to live my lifestyle comfortably so I’m never leaving.

Coops73

Straight to the point!

Yeah! I agree, well said! We should get someone like Mourinho in, he’ll sort the feckers out...oh wait.

Green_Red

Its not a white lie though, he did suffer a knock. He looked like he may have injured his glutes, he was holding his arse right where they are located.

CallyRed

Keep calm son. Just like Ole.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Straight to the point!

Did you think it was going to be a MMA showdown?

RashyForPM

So likely Maguire really has a knock but is undroppable so Ole will start him regardless :lol:

wolvored

What do you mean if? Of course he will.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Straight to the point!

I can think of maybe a dozen at most press conferences that have ever lived in the memory, and almost all of those has been because a manager has made a tit of himself.

They're irrelevant. Something to get out the way