Ole's press conference vs Leicester

Dante

Average bang
United team news vs Leicester
"International breaks are sometimes the time to cross your fingers and hope for the best because as we see with Raphael, he's got an injury, out for a few weeks, but Victor and Eric played in the internationals and got good game time, that's good for us.
"Fred and Edinson played a full game this morning, 1.30 kick-off. We're not counting on them. time to rest and recover. They played well, not injured but hopefully, they can be involved in midweek in the Champions League.
"Harry's joined us on the grass this morning, that's the first time he's been on the grass. Amad first time on the grass as well. So we look quite strong."

Dante

Average bang
Leicester preview
"It's early doors in the season, sometimes you don't really see the real picture. They're in the Europa League, they've got lots of games. I've got the utmost respect, they've signed well, good players who will gel into the team. "Sometimes it takes time to gel. Seen them play some very good football, like most of us, conceded goals we shouldn't. Every time we go down there it's a difficult game."

Dante

Average bang
The upcoming fixture schedule
"We've added some exciting players going forward, we've scored goals, it's a nice time to be an attacking player for us as well, we need to keep that going, keep attacking, having Manchester United DNA, as well as defending well, come together as a team and make sure we're hard to play hard against.
"I can't think Atalanta or Liverpool, only Leicester, the key is we think one game at a time. We're looking forward to this run, every good player wants to play the best teams and we've got some of the best teams coming up."

Dante

Average bang
Newcastle United takeover
"Of course, it's not been my focus but I've noticed it happened, I didn't think it was gonna go through but now it has and it is gonna change the picture. I don't know the plans of the new owners, can't see if they're gonna spend loads of money, it's a fantastic football club with traditions, I enjoyed that spell when Newcastle was up there.
"Long-term it's gonna be interesting to watch and it has been the talk of football the last two weeks and that's what they want in the end, but as I said it's not my focus. I don't wanna join in that political discussion."

Dante

Average bang
Marcus Rashford latest
"He's in the squad, if he's gonna start or not, I can't tell you now. He's worked really hard throughout the lay-off. Been really bright this week and had a 60-min involvement behind closed doors last week, so he's raring to go."

Dante

Average bang
Can United afford to drop Ronaldo?
"He's an exceptional player, exceptional finisher, goalscorer, exceptional pro, it's hard to leave him out and I think everyone would love to, how do you say, if you can go and play six games in six days and play the same XI every time, it's great but rotation, we need to get to April/May with everyone firing.
"We got to May in the final stretch of last season and we were too tired. I manage the players for the club. It's nice to have him on the pitch, he'll always come up with the goods. The more we have him on the pitch, the better."

Dante

Average bang
Not quite time for the micro analysis to begin yet.

Solskjaer's birthday message to Andy Cole
"Yorkie and Cole together that has got to be the favourite period for Andy. When we clinched the semi-final win vs Juventus or the goal vs Tottenham. He was so sharp, so quick. I enjoyed playing with him because he had that pace.
"Current strikers? They are different. Marcus Rashford and Anthony Elanga have that electric pace he had."

Dante

Average bang
United hope Lingard will sign new deal
"Jesse's had a good start to the season, of course, he's come on and scored a few goals for us that's been very important for us. We want to prolong his contract, we see him as an important player for us, it's up to him maybe up to me to give him more playing time because he deserves to.
"Hopefully, we can get a deal sorted for Jesse because we really rate him."
Now it's time for the micro analysis to begin.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Mentioned Amad and Elanga which is good.

Also a good answer to the newcastle question.

Joseunited

Mentioned Amad and Elanga which is good.

Also a good answer to the newcastle question.
Mentioned Amad and Elanga,great prospects but if we continue to pursue contract extension of the likes of Lingard then seriously what is the fecking point.why on earth spend £70 odd million on Sancho, £30 million on Amad,have Rashford and Greenwood waiting in the wings and still bollocking on about Jesse fecking Lingard, feck me Ole you make it easy for people to get pissed at you.
I can understand he gets asked these questions but if Lingard was that important he'd be playing more games.He'll be in the starting lineup tomorrow :lol:.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why did he smile? What does he mean when he said that?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
As usual, do people expect him to say negative things about a player who hasn't accepted the contract offered?

"feck Jesse, if he doesn't sign the deal he doesn't play"

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We need to keep attacking as well as defending. Best quote I have ever seen in the past 15 years.

RedDevil@84

United hope Lingard will sign new deal

Now it's time for the micro analysis to begin.
There's nothing to analyze here. We love to throw away money and make everyone sign extensions. Be it Lingard or Pogba or Bailly or Jones or Smalling. That's our "errrriiitageeee"
If we are lucky the players would decline and move out.

Nicolarra90

Mentioned Amad and Elanga,great prospects but if we continue to pursue contract extension of the likes of Lingard then seriously what is the fecking point.why on earth spend £70 odd million on Sancho, £30 million on Amad,have Rashford and Greenwood waiting in the wings and still bollocking on about Jesse fecking Lingard, feck me Ole you make it easy for people to get pissed at you.
I can understand he gets asked these questions but if Lingard was that important he'd be playing more games.He'll be in the starting lineup tomorrow :lol:.
He probably would have played against Everton if we didn't have to make 2 subs because of injuries.

Joeace2020

How can anyone in the right state of mind be complaining about a manager saying good things about HIS OWN Player in a presser? Are some of you okay?

hobbers

As usual, do people expect him to say negative things about a player who hasn't accepted the contract offered?

I don't expect him to make us look so desperate to tie down a fecking fringe player he clearly doesn't even rate. Not to the public at any rate.

SAF somehow managed to go decades without making it ever look like a player had the club over a barrel. And he dealt with crap from Stam, Beckham, RVN, Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney. Players you'd be forgiven for being desperate to keep. Imagine SAF behaving this way to the media with someone like Kieran Richardson.

FatTails

Good, boring, vanilla, presser. Expecting this thread to be a few pages long anyway :lol:

OleBoiii

He's so amazing!
Well excuse me for not taking it for granted after the other managers we've had :p

Fergie wrote that the press conferences were the hardest part about the job, but what does he know anyways...

Robbie Boy

Well excuse me for not taking it for granted after the other managers we've had :p

Fergie wrote that the press conferences were the hardest part about the job, but what does he know anyways...
I mean, it was a pretty nothing presser, no? You honestly seem absolutely enamoured by the man.

OleBoiii

I mean, it was a pretty nothing presser, no?
That's the whole point! We're in a bit of a slump and not performing as well as we should, but you'd never be able to tell from his responses. I appreciate that in a manager.

Robbie Boy

That's the whole point! We're in a bit of a slump and not performing as well as we should, but you'd never be able to tell from his responses. I appreciate that in a manager.
Fair enough. We're hardly in the middle of a drastic slump though? It's been a relatively poor start to the season, that's about it.

OleBoiii

Fair enough. We're hardly in the middle of a drastic slump though? It's been a relatively poor start to the season, that's about it.
The slump has been greatly exaggerated in here for sure(hence the "bit of" part). If I recall correctly, he was pretty much the same when things looked bleak before Bruno arrived.

Varun

Staff
Solskjær: "I remember when Jürgen [Klopp] came in, if we compare, he also needed time, four years if I'm not wrong, to rebuild his squad and challenge for titles and make the team play the way he wanted to play in. We'll get there too. Our fans need to trust the process."

Find it weird that he’s using the Klopp comparison AGAIN, he used that last year when he was under a bit of pressure and said “Klopp needed 3 years” now Ole has changed it to 4 years.

With Klopp there was an immediate and noticeable change in football, they were in the CL final after his 1st Full season, won the CL in his second and finished 2nd on 99 points. Ole really is either insulting our intelligence or showing a lack of intelligence by making that comparison
Took Klopp 4yrs to get Pool playing the way he wanted? :lol:

Took Klopp 4yrs to get Pool playing the way he wanted? :lol:
I deleted it because I think todays one is fake. He made the comparison last year. Thought it was weird if he made it again. And no one else is reporting that from todays presser

Robbie Boy

The slump has been greatly exaggerated in here for sure(hence the "bit of" part). If I recall correctly, he was pretty much the same when things looked bleak before Bruno arrived.
Sure, there'll always be an element that exaggerate things. However, there's been plenty of warranted criticism directed at our performances, which is totally fair. I wouldn't use the word slump for that, though; for me, a slump is like 4 or 5 games without a win.

We have a hectic two months ahead with plenty of tough games. Either way, we'll have a much clearer picture where we stand come December. A win and a good performance tomorrow would be a great start!

United in sin

I don't expect him to make us look so desperate to tie down a fecking fringe player he clearly doesn't even rate. Not to the public at any rate.

SAF somehow managed to go decades without making it ever look like a player had the club over a barrel
. And he dealt with crap from Stam, Beckham, RVN, Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney. Players you'd be forgiven for being desperate to keep. Imagine SAF behaving this way to the media with someone like Kieran Richardson.
That's an insult to Lingard and what he's contributed to United. You can't begin to compare the two.

As for the other bolded part, Fergie always spoke in glowing terms of players even when he decided to sell them. Veron springs to mind

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Yes. Many do, seemingly.

It's remarkable.

"I have a car to sell. It's fairly shite, and I don't really give a feck either way, but if you want to buy it - gimme lots of money."

Great selling point.

(For all I know Ole really does rate Jesse and wants him around - but the point is pretty simple: as a manager, you don't portray your players as being anything but good and important - unless you're an absolute cretin, or some kind of psycho with an agenda against a particular player).