Ole's press conference vs Leicester

CallyRed

No one asked why he was smiling after a draw against Everton? Disgraceful

United in sin

Under better managers Lingard's United career would have been about as long as Richardson's.
He's had better and more experienced managers in LVG and Mourinho and was a weapon in big games for them. He's had more big game performances than Park did for us under Ferguson. He's also created and scored more than Park did for united.

Moyes brought the best out of Lingard and made Solskjaer look clueless for not using him more. Solskjaer can't get shit out of his fringe players and will gladly play Bruno to death for instance

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he deals with the SAF bit really well here but surprised to hear him say that about Rashford, as the only thing that's held him back for us was being run into the ground.

Marcus Rashford needs to "prioritise his football" if he is to meet the twin challenges of playing for club and country, says Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The 23-year-old forward has earned huge praise for his off-field work around food poverty among children.

But Solskjaer said: "He is coming into the best age for a footballer and he's got a challenge on his hands here at Manchester United - and has a challenge on his hands to play for England."

Rashford became an MBE in 2020 and this month received an honorary doctorate from the University of Manchester.

However, Solskjaer says the forward must keep his focus on his day-job.

The manager, though, does not feel Rashford's activities away from the pitch have impacted his on-field performances.

"Marcus has done some remarkable and fantastic things," added Solskjaer as Rashford prepares to return from the shoulder operation he had following Euro 2020.

"But now he maybe needs to prioritise his football."

Rashford is already edging towards 300 United appearances, in addition to 46 England caps.

However, as he tried to shrug off the effects of his shoulder complaint, he turned in a below-par performance in the Europa League final defeat by Villarreal in May. Rashford was also limited to substitute appearances at Euro 2020 for England.

Not that Solskjaer is unduly concerned.

"Marcus knows that we want a lot from him, but we are going to give him the time to get back to what he was and what he can be," he said.

Meanwhile, Solskjaer has dismissed Sir Alex Ferguson's criticism of his decision to leave Cristiano Ronaldo out of the home draw with Everton on 2 October.

Ferguson told UFC legend Khabib Nurmagomedov that managers should always play their strongest team in a video which was uploaded onto social media.

"I'm quite relaxed about it," added Solskjaer. "It's not really fair on the gaffer that something like this gets broadcast. You always have opinions and you speak to people in confidence.

"I told my wife quite a few times that I disagreed with him but that never made headlines as a player.

"I'm sure Sir Alex knows that it doesn't bother me. We all want to see Cristiano because he's unique.

"But the plain fact of it is he cannot play every single game. That's just physical nature and human nature."

HailtotheKing

Indeed.

I wish he wouldn’t keep saying United DNA though :rolleyes:
Yeah, especially when we’re showing very little of it. That crap about attackers thriving when they barely get any decent chances. And no I don’t count walking balls at goal from anywhere as proper chances.

Demaw

Mentioned Amad and Elanga,great prospects but if we continue to pursue contract extension of the likes of Lingard then seriously what is the fecking point.why on earth spend £70 odd million on Sancho, £30 million on Amad,have Rashford and Greenwood waiting in the wings and still bollocking on about Jesse fecking Lingard, feck me Ole you make it easy for people to get pissed at you.
I can understand he gets asked these questions but if Lingard was that important he'd be playing more games.He'll be in the starting lineup tomorrow :lol:.
Agree, Lings has ben here too long and is slowly holding back players who need a chance to come into the team on a more regular basis.

Red00012

I think he deals with the SAF bit really well here but surprised to hear him say that about Rashford, as the only thing that's held him back for us was being run into the ground.
Glad to see Ole has been reading mine and a few other people’s comments on here on Rashford;)

Red00012

Mentioned Amad and Elanga,great prospects but if we continue to pursue contract extension of the likes of Lingard then seriously what is the fecking point.why on earth spend £70 odd million on Sancho, £30 million on Amad,have Rashford and Greenwood waiting in the wings and still bollocking on about Jesse fecking Lingard, feck me Ole you make it easy for people to get pissed at you.
I can understand he gets asked these questions but if Lingard was that important he'd be playing more games.He'll be in the starting lineup tomorrow :lol:.
Lingard is Bruno’s back up currently none of the players you mention play central

He will be losing Mata and Matic next summer and possibly/probably Pogba . Elanga can be Mata’s replacement which will solve that squad position but We have huge issues in midfield that he may need £100 million to sort out . If we lose Lingard it’s another position that we need to strengthen.
by the way I want Lingard gone as much as anyone but you have to think logically as well.

Last edited:

wolvored

I think the only thing Ole can say publicly is he rates his players and wants them to stay. He has to portray everything is going ok, otherwise the press would have a field day.

sugar_kane

Ole’s comment on Rashford prioritising football top news on BBC football and second top item on the Guardian, sad bastards.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Ole’s comment on Rashford prioritising football top news on BBC football and second top item on the Guardian, sad bastards.
It's absolutely perfect clickbait. Neville, Carragher and all these lot will be giving a comment on it.