Ole's Press Conference

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Solskjær on pre-season: "I think so far we have had loads of positive and encouraging moments - games are a part of it. It is stepping stones, a harder opposition. It has been very encouraging." #mulive

Solskjær on Fred: "You are not surprised when a player from Brazil finds it a little bit hard in the beginning. He is one that we hope is going to take another step this season. Hopefully missing ten days of pre season won’t affect him." #mulive

Solskjær: "We see the Europa League as both a good chance to play youngsters, but also to win a trophy. We are going to go all out to try to win it, of course." #mulive

Solskjær on incomings: "Well, as I said, we are working on one or two. My objective here we have got to get ready for the games and the training sessions." #mulive

Solskjær: "Premier League is a very competitive league. Our aim is to focus on ourselves, we have to be better and be our only focus. I am sure we will get closer to the top." #mulive

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Shaw and De Gea latest
Think both will be available. Luke trained well yesterday, David we will try to get 60 or longer out of him.

On transfer latest
Well, as I said, we are working on one or two. My objective here we have got to get ready for the games and the training sessions.

Replacing Herrera
We are working on putting a squad together which can compete, we have lots of ways which can play.

Restoring Pogba form
I am looking to get everyone to get their form back to when we first came in. It is not just about Pogba, it is about all of us as a team. Everyone has been spot on in pre season in training and the games. I have been very encouraged.

Less squad rotation vs Inter Milan
We will give players some 45, some 60, some 70. It is another stepping stone, we are not planning to swap them all on half time.

How important is start to season
The start of the season is important, I don’t think many of these players have had a pre season like this in many years. In the first 8 or 10 games you don’t win anything but you can lose the chance to win anything.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think he had already said he won't be replacing Herrera. He thinks Mctominay and Periera can do the job.

Allas8

Yeah it was pretty bland. Happy to hear him say we're still after one or two. Hopefully it's two.
At this point I think he is just saying it to say it. You don't really want to allow other teams in the league to do business if they know Man United is not signing anyone, prices just going to drop. Tottenham, Arsenal and Leicester have had no negotiating power this summer and have had to pay premium for their targets, lets keep it that way.

Grande

Seems to be nothing interesting in this PC. Maybe there will be an embargoed bit that is more interesting.
I actually found the Martial bit interesting. He hasn’t impressed, yet Solskjær praises his attitude. As opposed to in april. He also calls biggs him up, calling him world class in sted of just ‘a fine lad who can do well’ as he might say if he was going to downplay his role.

Looking at Martial so far, I was wondering if he’s beeing marginalized a bit and maybe on his way out. It doesn’t sound like it, though.

RedNed77

I think he had already said he won't be replacing Herrera. He thinks Mctominay and Periera can do the job.
Personally I think he’s right. Herrera offered little but work rate and and an organising voice in midfield. McTom pretty much has that already. Don’t get me wrong I loved Herrera for his attitude but football wise, he’s fairly easily replaceable.

NJM78

I get the feeling from this conference that Ole is getting a bit frustrated with this window. 2 weeks 6 days to go, still no new signing imminent..it seems.

I'm trying to stay positive and imagining our youth players getting a lot of games but all I feel is we will return back to the usual players week in week out and continue struggling.

I need some positive news soon.

Red_toad

I actually found the Martial bit interesting. He hasn’t impressed, yet Solskjær praises his attitude. As opposed to in april. He also calls biggs him up, calling him world class in sted of just ‘a fine lad who can do well’ as he might say if he was going to downplay his role.

Looking at Martial so far, I was wondering if he’s beeing marginalized a bit and maybe on his way out. It doesn’t sound like it, though.
If he’s commenting on his attitude, that’s obviously what he’s seeing working alongside side him day in day out. Not 2 45 minute performances in pre season games.
Martial is exceptionally talented, getting the best out of him is pretty vital for Ole.

Judas

Open to offers
Another summer window and I think it’s another manager frustrated with our inability to get deals done quickly, he’s just hiding it slightly better.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I get the feeling from this conference that Ole is getting a bit frustrated with this window. 2 weeks 6 days to go, still no new signing imminent..it seems.
Projection 101.

Fergie's gum

I'm trying to stay positive and imagining our youth players getting a lot of games but all I feel is we will return back to the usual players week in week out and continue struggling.

I need some positive news soon.
It's become a bit of a tradition. It makes me think it was never the managers, not even Moyes (maybe), that it's the Glazers and Ed who are responsible for the past 6 years of failure, main due to the past 10 years of underinvestment in the team.

Watch this. Once you skip past Blathering Blatter, to about 6:40, Sir Alex says something which in hind sight seems to be aimed at the owners.

He probably knew back then that they were not interested in competing, as that would mean less money in their pockets.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Agreed Ole seems to be getting frustrated. Similar to Lampard at Chelsea, the owners will use a club legend to sheild them and take the fall for teams that have been under invested in. In Chelsea's case because of a transfer ban, and in our case because of blood sucking owners and a CEO that will do anything to please them.

Allas8

Agreed Ole seems to be getting frustrated. Similar to Lampard at Chelsea, the owners will use a club legend to sheild them and take the fall for teams that have been under invested in. In Chelsea's case because of a transfer ban, and in our case because of blood sucking owners and a CEO that will do anything to please them.
Would you be fine with paying £50m for Longstaff?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Would you be fine with paying £50m for Longstaff?
We’ve shown clubs that we will overpay again and again. We just signed a fullback with just one season under his belt for £50m, so yes for a midfielder that seems like it’ll be the going rate for us. Longstaff looks a special talent, so yes I’d pay it. A more mobile version of Carrick if I’ve ever seen one. Maguire for £80m on the other hand.....

devilish

Personally I think he’s right. Herrera offered little but work rate and and an organising voice in midfield. McTom pretty much has that already. Don’t get me wrong I loved Herrera for his attitude but football wise, he’s fairly easily replaceable.
Herrera was our second best midfielder, the perfect combination between an attacking minded Pogba and an ageing Matic. Mctominay is still meah while Periera hasn't impressed anyone yet. We also lost Fellaini which means we'll be replacing 2 internationals with kids who are hardly WC material

Allas8

Herrera was our second best midfielder, the perfect combination between an attacking minded Pogba and an ageing Matic. Mctominay is still meah while Periera hasn't impressed anyone yet. We also lost Fellaini which means we'll be replacing 2 internationals with kids who are hardly WC material
Fellaini was booted out, no loss there.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I love how you use the word “international” to really build them up whilst dismissing the other two as “kids”.
Herrera had two appearances for Spain, Pereira already has one for Brazil. Mctominay is already an “international” btw.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Do the people who don't rate McTominay actually watch him play?

The lad has done nothing wrong in any game I've seen him. Darren Fletcher and Nicky Butt used to get the same treatment from some of our fanbase. Rarely did anything wrong and put in 7 out of 10 or higher in nearly every game yet fans still didn't rate them.

devilish

I love how you use the word “international” to really build them up whilst dismissing the other two as “kids”.
Herrera had two appearances for Spain, Pereira already has one for Brazil. Mctominay is already an “international” btw.
We'll be replacing a player whose got ample experience in Spain and in the EPL + has been our second best midfielder for quite some time with 2 kids one of which wasn't even good last season. Periera doesn't even have the characteristics needed to replace Herrera as he lacks the workrate of a b2b player.

devilish

The lad has done nothing wrong in any game I've seen him. Darren Fletcher and Nicky Butt used to get the same treatment from some of our fanbase. Rarely did anything wrong and put in 7 out of 10 or higher in nearly every game yet fans still didn't rate them.
I do rate Mctominay but he's nowhere near to Herrera yet. Also I think that Fletcher and Butt were massively overrated among fans. Between the two they have like what, a year worth of WC performances? Both were great squad players nothing more nothing less

This squad can't keep losing pieces and not replacing them adequately. If we're really a top club then its time we act like one

devilish

Fellaini was booted out, no loss there.
I was never a fan of his but he was useful at times. Far more useful then Periera ever was to anyone. Herrera is the bigger loss though. He was our 2nd best midfielder whose characteristics made it possible for our midfield to function correctly. Mctominay is at the moment a downgrade to him. Periera is a different player altogether.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I do rate Mctominay but he's nowhere near to Herrera yet. Also I think that Fletcher and Butt were massively overrated among fans. Between the two they have like what, a year worth of WC performances? Both were great squad players nothing more nothing less

This squad can't keep losing pieces and not replacing them adequately. If we're really a top club then its time we act like one
Yes you were one of the worst of those who didn't particularly rate two highly important Manchester United players.

This have to be world class nonsense blinds people to the great jobs many excellent footballers do for successful teams with little recognition by the likes of you.

Allas8

We'll be replacing a player whose got ample experience in Spain and in the EPL + has been our second best midfielder for quite some time with 2 kids one of which wasn't even good last season. Periera doesn't even have the characteristics needed to replace Herrera as he lacks the workrate of a b2b player.
Pereira coverd more distance per 90 min then Herrera. Our four hardest working players were:

Lingard
Mata
Pereira
McTominay

Then came Herrera some 500 meters later.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I often think that too when I see criticism of McTominay. I think he's a good player who can really push on for us this season.

devilish

Yes you were one of the worst of those who didn't particularly rate two highly important Manchester United players.

This have to be world class nonsense blinds people to the great jobs many excellent footballers do for successful teams with little recognition by the likes of you.
Highly important? They were valuable squad players nothing more nothing less. Butt had as much of a chance of being a first teamer with us as I had to beat prime Tyson. He then went on at Newcastle were his true worth and, well, we know how that ended up. Fletch was slightly better. I admire his attitude for not losing hope even when he was 5th choice with us (after Carrick, Scholes + new signings Hargreaves and Ando). At one point he was close to snatch a first team place. Its a shame it turned out the way it did.

I've never seen fans idolising the work horses more then we do. No wonder why we're now filled with them (and only them)

Vault Dweller

Fletcher and Butt were two of our most important squad players at different times under Ferguson. I think they are underrated if anything.

devilish

Pereira coverd more distance per 90 min then Herrera. Our four hardest working players were:

Lingard
Mata
Pereira
McTominay

Then came Herrera some 500 meters later.
Seriously? Mata as well? Jeez does that include hiding away as most of the time you wouldn't notice those two playing

devilish

Fletcher and Butt were two of our most important squad players at different times under Ferguson. I think they are underrated if anything.
Squad players is the key phrase here. We won the lot because we had Keane, Carrick and Scholes in midfield, not Nicky or Darren. I feel sorry for the latter though. He might have made it as a first teamer. Its a tragedy that his career was cut so short. Butt had no chance whatsoever. Keane and Scholes were much much much better then him and lets it, away from their shadows he didn't really performed that greatly either.

Allas8

Seriously? Mata as well? Jeez does that include hiding away as most of the time you wouldn't notice those two playing
But you do notice when they don't play, just look at the Everton game, 4-0 loss.

Vault Dweller

Squad players is the key here. We won the lot because we had Keane, Carrick and Scholes in midfield. Not Nicky or Darren. I feel sorry for the latter though. He might have made it as a first teamer. Its a tragedy that his career was cut so short. Butt had no chance whatsoever. Keane and Scholes were much much much better then him.
Of course Keane, Carrick and Scholes were better players, I'm not arguing that at all. I said they were two of our most important squad players, which is invaluable when chasing silverware. Butt wasn't the best player but he completed his role diligently and allowed the others around him to play due to the work he done, guys that played with him said as much. Fletcher was an excellent player in my opinion and you are right that it was a shame what happened to his career for us with that illness.