Ole's Transfer Logic

Skills

Snitch
Send out Smalling on loan, because he's useless on the ball. Sign an £80m CB because he's meant to be great on the ball.

Then spunk £50m on a RB who's useless in attack - a position where you actually need players to be good in attack. What the feck was he thinking?

Eddy_JukeZ

Not much.

Pretty sure by the time 2021 rolls around, we'll be talking about how Maguire and Wan-Bissaka need to be replaced in the first XI.

Mainoldo

Best transfers business in years!!!!

Chillout lad. To be honest they are good signings but he’s not getting the best out of them. Maguire is now Phil Jones level.

El Jefe

Let's not forget out of all the midfielders in Europe, he could only identify Sean Longstaff as "the right player for this club".

AshRK

Jeez the knee jerking here. I get we were poor today and even I have been critical of maguire but some of the posts and threads after a loss is so irritating. Our signings have been good. Problem lies elsewhere including Ole and his love for lingard.

3KDré

Buying players like Wan Bissaka would be fine if we played someone like Williams on the left. We don’t seem to want to play to our players own strengths at times. Wan Bissaka is a great defender- so let him stay back and compensate for that by allowing our left back to attack more. It’s not rocket science.

Greck

When you frame it that way it's actually pretty hilarious. But yeah Smalling shouldn't be out on loan. Although imagine how godawful we'd be with Smalling and AWB in the same lineup

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We spent 130m on 2 decent but hardly WC players. Then we ran out of time/juice to strengthen CM and RW. That's madness.

Josep Dowling

Let's not forget out of all the midfielders in Europe, he could only identify Sean Longstaff as "the right player for this club".
Exactly. We weren’t linked with another midfielder all summer. That indicates he was happy with his midfield selection. He hasn’t got a clue.

Hawks2008

United DNA

Cannot wait to sign him and Rice for £120m combined while McT and Fred are still comfortably better :drool:

Mainoldo

Jeez the knee jerking here. I get we were poor today and even I have been critical of maguire but some of the posts and threads after a loss is so irritating. Our signings have been good. Problem lies elsewhere including Ole and his love for lingard.
kneejerk? These was the best signings in years... after 4 weeks.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Didn't have a problem with the signings at the time. Just a lack of addressing the midfield or general lack of numbers. If there was a priority order then really centre midfield was top by a long long way...and that's before we knew Pogba would basically miss the entire season.

As for how the signings have done. Bissaka is young and has promise. Needs to improve a lot going forwards but I wouldn't write that off. A lot of it is having the confidence to make the runs. James has been very good. No issues at all with him considering we signed him on the cheap from a Championship side and he's turned out to be a very important player. Maguire has the odd game in five where he looks good and the rest of the time looks like some bloke who won a competition to play for us by finding a golden ticket in a packet of Walkers Crisps...still maintain that the potential is there for him to be a good player for us, but instead of cutting the nonsense out of his game like he needed to, he seems to be actually focusing on the nonsense.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This guy was really ready to have us go the season with Longstaff as Pogba's replacement. Utter dickhead management.
We have neither signed Longstaff or replaced Pogba so you're just making stuff up.

If Longstaff was meant to be a "replacement" for Pogba (which I've not seen anyone at the club, or any journalist, say he was), I doubt we'd have pulled out of signing him due to him being valued at about £50m less than Pogba would be.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We have neither signed Longstaff or replaced Pogba so you're just making stuff up.

If Longstaff was meant to be a "replacement" for Pogba (which I've not seen anyone at the club, or any journalist, say he was), I doubt we'd have pulled out of signing him due to him being valued at about £50m less than Pogba would be.
Instead we have nothing. No midfielders signed which is worse.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Instead we have nothing. No midfielders signed which is worse.
No, and not signing a midfielder is a fair criticism.... but is different from just making up a complete lie that he wanted to replace Pogba with Longstaff.

Please stop this childish nonsense.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I genuinely think he decided to sign a ball playing centre back because it's apparently what managers who know what they are doing decide to do. Because I've seen no evidence that it's made any difference, or that we know how to use him.

Josep Dowling

Nope, no midfielders in even though our midfield was in need of at least one even before we sold Herera and Felaini. But no Bruno Fernandes isnt good enough, or Dybala. But it doesnt matter we have Lingard. Nice one Ole.
This is my frustration more than anything. How is not signing anyone and ‘waiting for our targets’ make any sense?

If you have any targets it surely means you think the midfield isn’t good enough.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
But of a knee jerk this. AWB has been good overall, he's not good going forward but we knew this before we bought him. He's one of the best defensive right backs in the world. James has been a good signing & while he's tailed off a lot since his great start he's still performed above expectations.

Maguire has been a major disappointment. Letting Smalling go for free & paying £80m for a replacement who is no better looks like awful business in hindsight.

Not signing Fernandez because he loses the ball to much then playing Lingard & Pereira on his position is baffling.

Skills

Snitch
Also let Herrera go and thought Bruno Fernandes passing isnt as good as Lingards.
He also apparently wants to play aggressive high pressing football. Signs one of the slowest CBs in the league for a WR fee, who'll get rinsed in a high line.

Solskjaer logic.

izec

It has no logic. He is incompetent and hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

This club is just doing random things, just like Ole is buying random players without any plan in mind. Young and British is a bonus though. Zero direction and improvement is the credo at United

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pretty bad some of this really. Not looking through rose tinted spectacles or anything but Pallister was a car crash of a signing and took him a good 18 months to settle in. Rio never justified his tag until later in his utd career either. Same with Irwin as well. I get the frustration with Maguire, but give the lad a break ffs. Same with Wan Bissaka. He is young enough to improve the attacking aspect of his game and defensively he is sound. Results are disappoint for sure but jeez plenty of knee jerking going on in here.