Oli McBurnie...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Advocating that grown men 'stand up for themselves' by beating up teenagers and suggesting it would do them some good is absolutely pathetic.
Well then I’m ‘absolutely pathetic’ then.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is such an old fashioned and weird way of wanting a modern society to run. I can't quite compute it. Surprised you're not saying "Those snowflakes deserved to be taught a lesson!".
Aye, ‘modern’. The 15 year olds we are producing in modern society are exactly the type we want.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems like it.

Strange how your opinion of other posters can absolutely nose-dive in one post.
Spare me. People would do well to remember that it is a big wide world and people have walked many different roads. It is sadly not uncommon typically for contemporary westerns to have superiority complex in all ideology.

While I’m born here, I have a Nigerian background, and where I’m from, we believe in discipline and respect. No doubt, you see anything but the leftie ideology you were raised on as wrong or regressive. Each to their own, but I don’t accept your education of right and wrong in this instance.

redrobed

If a Utd player did this we’d never hear the end of it. Everyone would be out with their pitch forks and the FA would slap a huge ban on him. But it’s not a Utd player so watch this get swept under the carpet.

Withnail

Spare me. People would do well to remember that it is a big wide world and people have walked many different roads. It is sadly not uncommon typically for contemporary westerns to have superiority complex in all ideology.

While I’m born here, I have a Nigerian background, and where I’m from, we believe in discipline and respect. No doubt, you see anything but the leftie ideology you were raised on as wrong. Each to their own, but I don’t accept your education of right and wrong in this instance.
I just think that any situation that isn't violent already requires violence, nor do I see any way that it can do anything but make the situation worse.

And you can stick your western superiority nonsense. How can I be accused of superiority when I hadn't a clue where you're from?

In Ireland we used to use corporal punishment in schools and parents used to beat their children but it's now recognised that this is inherently wrong.

I suppose you were beaten as a child and 'it didn't do you any harm' apart from the fact that you now think violence is required to instill discipline and respect.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If a Utd player did this we’d never hear the end of it. Everyone would be out with their pitch forks and the FA would slap a huge ban on him. But it’s not a Utd player so watch this get swept under the carpet.
He has been arrested.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

While I’m born here, I have a Nigerian background, and where I’m from, we believe in discipline and respect. No doubt, you see anything but the leftie ideology you were raised on as wrong or regressive. Each to their own, but I don’t accept your education of right and wrong in this instance.
All that's missing from this is one of those boomer facebook memes about being a lone wolf and not taking any shit from libtards.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I just think that any situation that isn't violent already requires violence, nor do I see any way that it can do anything but make the situation worse.

And you can stick your western superiority nonsense. How can I be accused of superiority when I hadn't a clue where you're from?

In Ireland we used to use corporal punishment in schools and parents used to beat their children but it's now recognised that this is inherently wrong.

I suppose you were beaten as a child and 'it didn't do you any harm' apart from the fact that you now think violence is required to instill discipline and respect.
You didn’t need to know where I am from. I’m not saying you have a superiority to me personally, I’m saying it is a view of ours as western people as a whole to condemn everything outside as barbaric or regressive.

Ireland can ‘recognise corporal punishment as inherently wrong’, that’s fair - but that doesn’t mean everyone else needs to recognise it as such. I’m born and raised here, but am exposed to other ways of living and have lived in different countries and continents. Everything isn’t perfect here, and we don’t necessarily have all the answers. We just have our way, and others have theirs. Some people would say a certain country is regressive, they probably look here and think we don’t have 15 year olds stabbing each other to death, sexualising themselves and not respecting elders.

I just took issue to your superior and dismissive tone of how ‘your estimation of someone has gone down’, coupled with another poster talking about modern society. Perhaps consider there is more than one position on something, the one you are used to isn’t the only one.

RUCK4444

Is the guy he hit 21?

If so then I can’t blame him for giving him a slap if he was giving him verbal.

I’m all for a modern society but basic cause and effect will always remain, you shout crap at a grown man in the street you should fully expect to have your arse handed to you.

Surely that’s just common sense ffs. :lol:

Edit: for context I’m assuming this guy was shouting crap at him. McBurnie does seem a tit admittedly, but even tits have the right to walk the street without being verbally attacked.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So Rozay, anti talking about assists but pro beating up mouthy kids. We all have our foibles.
I mean, levels to ‘beating up’, of course.

And I understand how law works, I wouldn’t encourage anyone to ‘beat up’ the ‘kid’ (who is apparently 21, although 15 obviously sounded better for everyone!) - but only because you face the risk of the law. Not because I feel that the kid didn’t deserve a slap for being a little shit.

People often pick and choose anyway. I’m sure a lot of the people opposing would say the guy Cantona kicked ‘deserved it’ - because Cantona played for Manchester United. We all know there are things you could get in trouble for. I could go to jail for punching someone who spits on me and calls me a black cnut in the streets. All I’m saying is that I’m not going to go as far as to say that I wouldn’t feel that the person deserved it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is he wondering around Sheffield off his head?

Cause that’s what I used to sound like after about 80 units and 10 grams of coke.

Ludens the Red

Don’t know the full story, but in principle, I’m all for celebs acting like this if sufficiently provoked. People think they are entitled to treat them as they wish, some of them need to be taught a lesson.
Question...
Just celebs or any other members of society who are sufficiently provoked?

FatTails

Can someone translate the audio into any human language? Watched many times and still can’t figure it out!

Not that it matters really, but I’m curious.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Cause that’s what I used to sound like after about 80 units and 10 grams of coke.
I thought it was the donkey with the camera that sounded off his bulb. McMuppet was saying ‘take your boy away’ I think.

Hard to tell, too many chavs involved.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Lightweight

diarm

Real men hate assists and love headbutting nippers.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who cares? Oooh, ‘breaking the law’. I’m for men standing their ground. I’m not a lawyer and couldn’t care less in this instance what the law says. I’m for the principle of people getting what they ask for if they go looking for it. McBurnie could face repercussions for this, I’d still be in favour of what he did.

Right and wrong and legal and illegal are two different things. Well, often the same thing, but not always, to me.
I'm with you on this.

The lack of respect and responsibility in youth today is because of a lack of discipline.

Kids no longer fear school teachers, police or there parents. They've been taught they can roam the streets and mouth off or disrespect somebody and not get anything back for it.

No doubt these lads were showing off and thought shouting smack at Mcburnie would be hilarious, but it soon backfired on them. You can see their utter shock that he reacted, they've probably never had anybody kick off back at them.

This snowflake society is just helping breed these monsters. This will be a much better lesson to them than a telling off, I bet they'll never do that again.

youngrell

I'm not a fan of violence, but I can agree with the gist of what @Rozay is saying.

If you are intentionally provoking someone for a reaction, and they do react, you only have yourself to blame.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm with you on this.

The lack of respect and responsibility in youth today is because of a lack of discipline.

Kids no longer fear school teachers, police or there parents. They've been taught they can roam the streets and mouth off or disrespect somebody and not get anything back for it.

No doubt these lads were showing off and thought shouting smack at Mcburnie would be hilarious, but it soon backfired on them. You can see their utter shock that he reacted, they've probably never had anybody kick off back at them.

This snowflake society is just helping breed these monsters. This will be a much better lesson to them than a telling off, I bet they'll never do that again.
I honestly think kids are getting better. Sure there's still some mouthy gits and especially so in groups but I don't think they're as bad as before.

It seems more like it's the adults who are entering a state of arrested development and not really growing up properly that leads to this.

Edit - He's 21.

arnie_ni

I don't think that was mcburnie talking. It was whoever was doing the vidoeing

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I honestly think kids are getting better. Sure there's still some mouthy gits and especially so in groups but I don't think they're as bad as before.

It seems more like it's adults who are entering a state of arrested development and not really growing up.
I can only speak of my experience, I'm in my early 30's and people at school then were disrespectful - but they seem to be reaching a whole new level now.

My mum is a classroom assistant and she says the way kids are now is completely different to how we were at the same age.

As you say though it often stems from poor parenting, and that is usually from a lack of respect and boundaries also.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I can only speak of my experience, I'm in my early 30's and people at school then were disrespectful - but they seem to be reaching a whole new level now.

My mum is a classroom assistant and she says the way kids are now is completely different to how we were at the same age.

As you say though it often stems from poor parenting, and that is usually from a lack of respect and boundaries also.
Ah fair. I only made the observation from seeing kids out in public, which isn't going to give a full account of what they're like in school.

Bwuk

I agree with @Rozay

Idiots were mouthing off and probably abusing him. It’s a 21 year old man. Got what was coming to him.

Bwuk

Also for more context - they’d clearly been following him around

crossy1686

career ending
I'm with you on this.

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” - Socrates 400BC