Oli McBurnie...

Charlie Foley

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” - Socrates 400BC
Things just weren’t the same as back in 460BC. Bloody snowflakes. Actually a good question to anyone complaining about being cancelled these days would be “well did the Twitter mob make you drink hemlock?”

mu4c_20le

Why people do this? Why provoke athletes who are in great physical shape and can clearly kick the sh*t out of them?
Because they get to go viral while at the same time get the athlete in trouble. McBurnie could be facing a charge for this, stupid from all parties.

Charlie Foley

I have absolutely no sympathy for the prick who was following him around abusing him and filming him. I’d say to McBurnie the reason for not hitting him would be to avoid the hassle of being prosecuted. I imagine that’s what the guy who was harassing him thought. Easy to be brave when you think you won’t get a smack. Mindset of a childish bully really. Even with my “leftie ideology”. Bet you can’t explain that one @Rozay :p

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why should he react violently anyway? Similar thing happened to me when I was younger in public and instead of trying to waste my energy to do physical contact, I chose to ignore them or trash talk back.

However, if the prick said something about Oli’s family then I’m fully 100% understand why he did that as I would do the same if it happens to me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I have absolutely no sympathy for the prick who was following him around abusing him and filming him. I’d say to McBurnie the reason for not hitting him would be to avoid the hassle of being prosecuted. I imagine that’s what the guy who was harassing him thought. Easy to be brave when you think you won’t get a smack. Mindset of a childish bully really. Even with my “leftie ideology”. Bet you can’t explain that one @Rozay :p
Well my explanation is that you are clearly more old-fashioned than you think you are! Maybe even a Skechers sandals wearer for all I know!

The Oracle

The people provoking McBurnie could have had weapons on them.

Always best to walk away from provocation.

Barnslig

I'm with you on this.

The lack of respect and responsibility in youth today is because of a lack of discipline.

Kids no longer fear school teachers, police or there parents. They've been taught they can roam the streets and mouth off or disrespect somebody and not get anything back for it.

No doubt these lads were showing off and thought shouting smack at Mcburnie would be hilarious, but it soon backfired on them. You can see their utter shock that he reacted, they've probably never had anybody kick off back at them.

This snowflake society is just helping breed these monsters. This will be a much better lesson to them than a telling off, I bet they'll never do that again.
Meh, they got it on video right? So now they got content, if the content is well received, a little punch from Oli will soon be forgotten, and they are right back at it being obnoxious little twats.

James Peril

Who cares? Oooh, ‘breaking the law’. I’m for men standing their ground. I’m not a lawyer and couldn’t care less in this instance what the law says. I’m for the principle of people getting what they ask for if they go looking for it. McBurnie could face repercussions for this, I’d still be in favour of what he did.

Right and wrong and legal and illegal are two different things. Well, often the same thing, but not always, to me.
One of the absolute dumbest posts I’ve ever read on here, have a word with yourself. England is a developed country, with attitudes like these flying about we suddenly find ourselves on the opposite side of the scale. Violence is seldom the right answer in any situation, particularly not when some kids are just being idiots. Walk away, get out of the situation.. we know what happens when you’re a footballer and people have cameras. You stood your ground? Yeah, that’s a real cool thing to say when you sit in jail together with a few other losers and everyone else is enjoying fresh air on the outside.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Why people do this? Why provoke athletes who are in great physical shape and can clearly kick the sh*t out of them?
Because they've done it before to other kids, people in the street, police, teachers and got away with it. They all know the rules and they know the second anyone retaliates physically they can go running to the police and cry assault.

Caught someone throwing stones at my parent's windows, stopped them with a shove in the chest. Police at my door threatening me with assault, the kids? Nothing was done about it. That is the state of things.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Meh, they got it on video right? So now they got content, if the content is well received, a little punch from Oli will soon be forgotten, and they are right back at it being obnoxious little twats.
Perhaps; but he's been left with a black eye and plenty of people laughing at him. I think he'll be thinking twice the next time. It's so obvious from the video he didn't expect Mcburnie to react as it's not "PC" to do that anymore.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One of the absolute dumbest posts I’ve ever read on here, have a word with yourself. England is a developed country, with attitudes like these flying about we suddenly find ourselves on the opposite side of the scale. Violence is seldom the right answer in any situation, particularly not when some kids are just being idiots. Walk away, get out of the situation.. we know what happens when you’re a footballer and people have cameras. You stood your ground? Yeah, that’s a real cool thing to say when you sit in jail together with a few other losers and everyone else is enjoying fresh air on the outside.
:lol: you live in the clouds.

Mcburnie didn't instigate this. He and his girlfriend are being followed around by 2-3, 21 year old lads shouting abuse and threatening him.

He is well within his rights to defend himself. Do you not think he probably tried to walk away at first, and they just kept on following? idiots like this just don't care.

This PC soft as shite approach to everything is exactly why morons like this do it. If he knew Mcburnie would turn round and wallop him, not a chance would he be that brave.

He'll understand now though!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He seemingly did try to walk away for about 15 minutes.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yea, fair play. And while I think it’s reasonable for them to not have been raised getting slapped, I think part of the education is surely that one of the reasons you can’t do things like this to others, is that one of them WILL end up giving you a slap! It’s definitely a risk you face if you go around hurling abuse at grown men on the street. I think all of us know that. We don’t do things like that partly because we know better, but also partly because we all know that you run the risk of instant consequences.

And apologies if I caused offence earlier.
Its a very difficult subject to be fair. I was walking home a couple of years ago after being out with mates and two 12(ish) year olds walked past and as they did one of the pretended to swing for me, I turned and looked at them and both of them were saying ‘what? I’ll knock you out’. I was shocked, obviously I remember being a kid and we would give a bit of lip but if a grown man turned towards us we’d have legged it. A big part of me felt a slap would’ve benefited these kids, I just don’t have the authority to deliver it. It’s not my right.

It’s difficult because I’m a big believer in raising self-awareness and giving responsibility to my children being better for their own personal development than the carrot and stick approach. However is there proof that this overall approach develops respect and awareness of consequence, especially if delivered poorly. Going further I’d suggest that actually most parents probably aren’t following this model anyway and as such a lot of children are simply being raised with less discipline than in the past and not a lot else.

Therefore when they are out with friends the pleasure of being the big man, apparently even at 12, outweighs the potential pain of being embarrassed or even enduring physical suffering since they have no experience to fall upon of the latter. They simply abuse people and are rewarded by their peers.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Always funny when someone who has achieved less is calling someone else shit... Great that he smacked that idiot

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Okay

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shit footballer, even worse human being. Shocker.
I mean, we don’t know what the guy said to him do we? I’m not excusing violence but I’d like to know the full facts before branding him a scum bag. It would be very easy for that guy to abuse him for an hour then cut all that out & just show the end.

Edit - Ok, I’ve seen a longer video. Guy got what was coming to him. You can’t follow someone around the street screaming abuse at them & not expect to get chinned. Fair play to McBurnie, first shot on target this season I believe :)

Last edited:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Thick cnut

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Meh. Fans belong in the stands, not on the pitch. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
The people he ends up fighting with is probably c*nts as well but he is a bit Joey Barton-like in the way he always seems to end up in these situations. I doubt he needs much convincing to end up in a scrap

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
For the original incident - If you shouted that stuff at a random in the street and carried on like he did you'd fully expect to get in a scrap.

For the pitch invasion incident - if you're enough of a prick to go running around the pitch then footballers should be able to be a prick to you.

As said above, play stupid games, get stupid prizes.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
For the original incident - If you shouted that stuff at a random in the street and carried on like he did you'd fully expect to get in a scrap.

For the pitch invasion incident - if you're enough of a prick to go running around the pitch then footballers should be able to be a prick to you.

As said above, play stupid games, get stupid prizes.
Fans running onto the pitch are idiots yes, but does it warrant assault? That's just a stupid take.

It's a criminal offence to go onto the pitch, invaders should receive punishment by the police, not some dickhead, unless you welcome someone dragging you out of your car and stomping on you if they see you speeding?