Olivier Giroud an option for Man Utd

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
A 6 month loan deal looks fine. But why would Milan do that?
We got to assume that odds of Milan letting Giroud go on a loan is about the same as Napoli loaning us Oshimen? Or what am I missing?

Giroud have started 100% of AC Milan’s CL games this year. A little less than 70% of their Serie A games.

They have two other strikers. Origi and Zlatan. Zlatan is not back in full training yet. He is 41. Origi has scored 1 goal for them during the whole season. Giroud has been really good.

AC Milan is playing a very beatable Tottenham in the CL. They are second in the Serie A looking to compete with Napoli for the title.

I can’t even remotely see it. Why are we talking about a top European team loaning their top — and only class — striker to us in January?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Milan want him to stay so why would they give him to us? I'd take him as a short term option but it feels like agent talk while he's in convo's about a new contract

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think the only way is we sign him permanent considering he has 6 months left. He's able to speak to clubs as of now, if he signs for us we may be able to convince Milan to move now for a fee.
He’s their one capable striker with ibra injured. Really can’t see it happening

plus I believe he’s already in talks over a new contract. This is agents using our name in my opinion to get a better deal

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Very unlikely, but out of all the names bandied about he'd be the best option for the rest of the season quite easily. Would get on the end of those crosses from Antony, Eriksen and Casemiro, and would - to borrow Ole's phrase - break his nose to score those goals.