Omari Forson

cyberman

Reportedly set to sign a pro deal after fending off interest from Arsenal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...al-sign-15-year-old-starlet-Omari-Forson.html
This is why its futile to talk about youth products at English clubs anymore.
In the first few sentences its said we got the 15 year old from Spurs then hes called a former West Ham acadamy player a few sentences later.
If he did join Arsenal and made a breakthrough 18 months down the line, how on earth could he have been called an Arsenal product?
Modern football..

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
In the first few sentences its said we got the 15 year old from Spurs then hes called a former West Ham acadamy player a few sentences later.
If he did join Arsenal and made a breakthrough 18 months down the line, how on earth could he have been called an Arsenal product?
Modern football..
Where was Sir Bobby from again? Must have been Salford right...:yawn:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Wasn't there a 60 minute rule regarding youth players? Or was that scrapped?

Brightonian

Modern football..
You can still talk about it, you just have to know what you're talking about. For example, Rashford has been at United since the age of 7. Pogba, on the other hand, joined us as a 16-year-old, so we contributed significantly to a crucial period of his development but can't claim him as a United product in the same way.

lenny_1248

So, how good is he ??
He has not showed much in U-18 level tbh, but he turns 16 only in July. So, it's understandable.
So far it is very hard to judge him based on games alone this season, but he is regarded very highly and the fact that he plays in U-18 level (though not often) being basically U-15 speaks volumes of him.
Will be interesting to see how he progresses during this summer. The same applies to Shoretire, although of course he showed much more.
Next season we will have again very young and exciting U-18's. Along with new signings we will have Emeran and Mejia who basically missed the season and we have not seen them. Can't wait to see how U-18 will look like next season.

Reactions: Jippy

Mickson

One of the most underrated players in our academy right now. 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 starts for our U18 despite being one of the youngest players in the squad. An attacking midfielder. He turned 16 in July. He played a couple of games last season too.

KevinJoh

looks like people just can't understand how big difference is the body of regular 16 years old kid to 17 years old, and not even mention 18 or 19 years old. Some are freaks like Rooney and can play above their age, but 99% of kids are not, and if they play as 16 years old one or two years above their age is it very very big achievement, especially at this level. If they are succesfull and if they are making things happen, assisting, scoring and being regular member of the first team in a club like United, it is huuuge thing. Forson (and not only him in this squad) are extremely talented kid. That doesn't mean that he will get there and that he will be United player in a few years, but that he is on the right track at the moment with so many obstacles around. Lets hope he will avoid them.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Looking forward to watching his progression

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He doesn’t seem to have any real weaknesses to me.

khoazany

He doesn’t seem to have any real weaknesses to me.
End products at U18s level was a bit lacking, but tbf he's been in and out with injuries.

I think injuries basically put him under the radar a bit compared with players on the same age group ie. Shoretire, Hugill, McNeil and Hansen

Borninthe80ts

How is he rated? And how good is he really? I’ve heard a bit about him since he was moved up, but never seen him play.
I know you didn't reference me but just some traits I've noticed,
Great technique
Good composure
Good vision
Can dribble
But mostly plays the game his 'own' way. A trait I miss in modern football. Plus I like a leftie!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Great technique
Good composure
Good vision
Can dribble
But mostly plays the game his 'own' way. A trait I miss in modern football. Plus I like a leftie!
A very natural thing that. Only one or two of our youngsters have that quality

Grande

Great technique
Good composure
Good vision
Can dribble
No, that’s great, thanks! I wondered if he was similar in style to Shoretire, and he has some of the same general qualities, but seeing his highlights gives quite a different feel.

Borninthe80ts

No, that’s great, thanks! I wondered if he was similar in style to Shoretire, and he has some of the same general qualities, but seeing his highlights gives quite a different feel.
No problems. I'm very hopeful for this generation, Shoretire included as they seem to have a bit of personality which I think previous ones have lacked.