On This Day

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Nah, they tweet non-stop. The caf account followers have actually gone down since I've started tweeting again.
Get a couple of digital marketing student caftards to do some voluntary work and offer to be their reference. No reason why it can't become a big account.

lysglimt

Scout
On this day in 1975.....

Absolutely nothing happened.

Pass and Move

Serious question. When and why did players stop jumping like this in celebration? You never see a two-footed jump with both arms up nowadays, but it seemed all the rage back then.

ChrisNelson

19 August 1989 - Michael Knighton parades on the pitch at Old Trafford ahead of his takeover.

BBC Football

I was there that day, my first visit to Old Trafford as a nearly 8 year old and I remember it vividly.

Arsenal came to town as champions, having won that famous match at Anfield a few months before.

And United, complete with new signings Wallace, Webb, Ince and Pallister absolutely took them apart 4-1. What an introduction to Old Trafford - 32 years ago today!

Interestingly there's a picture of him on that article with the fans at a Derby away match - I would have been there too as I used to go to lots of matches at the Baseball Ground through dad's work, he used to get a plus one in the exec box but mum wasn't interested so I went!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
19 August 1989 - Michael Knighton parades on the pitch at Old Trafford ahead of his takeover.

BBC Football

I was there that day, my first visit to Old Trafford as a nearly 8 year old and I remember it vividly.

Arsenal came to town as champions, having won that famous match at Anfield a few months before.

And United, complete with new signings Wallace, Webb, Ince and Pallister absolutely took them apart 4-1. What an introduction to Old Trafford - 32 years ago today!

Interestingly there's a picture of him on that article with the fans at a Derby away match - I would have been there too as I used to go to lots of matches at the Baseball Ground through dad's work, he used to get a plus one in the exec box but mum wasn't interested so I went!
I was in the Stretford End that day and I can so without doubt, the fans were delighted by the news that he was going to guy us. I felt there was little wrong with Knighton coming outto kick theball around - although, yes, it was unusual.

No idea, of course, how history would have panned out but again I know fans were disappointed when the sale fell through (sounds a bit underhand in this BBC piece) because there was little love for Martin Edwards.

The game itself was brilliant, just a glimpse of things to come a few years later. Neil Webb was outstanding that day.

I was at the Derby game too but couldn't see Knighton because we were standing in a huge hole filled ankle deep in water - the Baseball ground (why was it called that?) was one of the sh!ttiest places ever for away fans in my opinion

ChrisNelson

I was in the Stretford End that day and I can so without doubt, the fans were delighted by the news that he was going to guy us. I felt there was little wrong with Knighton coming outto kick theball around - although, yes, it was unusual.

No idea, of course, how history would have panned out but again I know fans were disappointed when the sale fell through (sounds a bit underhand in this BBC piece) because there was little love for Martin Edwards.

The game itself was brilliant, just a glimpse of things to come a few years later. Neil Webb was outstanding that day.

I was at the Derby game too but couldn't see Knighton because we were standing in a huge hole filled ankle deep in water - the Baseball ground (why was it called that?) was one of the sh!ttiest places ever for away fans in my opinion

It was a great game! A wonderful bit of timing for my first OT match.

I remember the defeat to City at Maine Road (1-5) came the week after we'd beaten Millwall by the same score at OT because I went to that match too! I think Sheringham might have scored for Millwall from memory. I always remember the scores flipping like that because the odds of it must be astronomical.

As for the BBG it's literally because they used to play baseball there, as far back as the 1800s I believe.

That and Pride Park along with Old Trafford are the grounds where I've seen most matches, must have been to the BBG well over 100 times and the same for Pride Park, probably twice that in Manchester.

I actually saw my first ever live match anywhere at the BBG, against United in November'88, it finished 2-2 with Hughes & McClair for us.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It was a great game! A wonderful bit of timing for my first OT match.

I remember the defeat to City at Maine Road (1-5) came the week after we'd beaten Millwall by the same score at OT because I went to that match too! I think Sheringham might have scored for Millwall from memory. I always remember the scores flipping like that because the odds of it must be astronomical.

As for the BBG it's literally because they used to play baseball there, as far back as the 1800s I believe.

That and Pride Park along with Old Trafford are the grounds where I've seen most matches, must have been to the BBG well over 100 times and the same for Pride Park, probably twice that in Manchester.

I actually saw my first ever live match anywhere at the BBG, against United in November'88, it finished 2-2 with Hughes & McClair for us.
It was Teddy (I was there too) - another f@ck up from Jim Leighton! I remembered this many years later when we signed Teddy because it made me recall another Millwall player years before - Gordon Hill who was brilliant against us when we stuffed them 4-0 in 1974 . he joined us a few days later...