Only Fools and Horses Draft R1 - 2mufco/gio vs Zlatan

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

vs

Team 2mufc0/Gio

DEFENCE

Sol Campbell, two-time team of the tournament at WC 02 and Euro 04, 3-time PL team of the year, forms a natural stopper/sweeper partnership with Alan Hansen, 6-time PL team of the year and 3-time EC winner. Best of British at right-back Danny McGrain offers more defensive solidity and iron-lung flank support for Bestie ahead of him. Danny Rose takes his spot on the opposite flank, protected by the solid defensive support system of Giggs, Hansen and Mackay around him.

MIDFIELD
Spurs legend and midfield general Dave Mackay holds the fort in the centre of the park, injecting steel and smooth use of the ball, alongside the consummate all-rounder Luka Modric. The Ballon D'Or and CL-dominating (4-time winner) Croatian will link defence with attack and form sexual interplay with creative supremo Michael Laudrup ahead.

ATTACK
Barcelona and Real legend Laudrup should be in his element enjoying play-stretching passing options ahead of him, with Ryan Giggs working the left flank while the maverick George Best tears it up from the right. The United duo form a complementary partnership, blending all the lovely wingplay that gets your juices flowing. On the end of Laudrup's inch-perfect through balls will be Thierry Henry accelerating into space.

Team Zlatan

Steady hands with Zoff in goals

Playing a 352 starting with 3 warriors of centre backs, Aldair in the middle playing deeper but also able to move forward and carry the ball into midfield. Either side of him two England heroic centre backs. Maguire able to ping the ball into space on the wings and a head big enough to clear most balls into the box. Butcher even more dominant in the air.

Two wing backs in Alberto and Cole will provide width to the game.

A Carrick and Conte midfield, Carrick sitting deeper blocking passing routes and his distribution finding the width for the wingbacks, picking out zola in the pockets and van Persies runs in behind. Conte with his energy and work rate more in a box to box role

Zola will play behind the front two, picking up little spaces and then able to go on his mazy runs opening spaces for his killer passes and goal opportunities.

RVP and cha bum two lethal forwards, both able to run to the wings to provide that extra width if our wingbacks get pinned back or running in behind off zola.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
zlatan this is probably the best team you built in drafts, unlucky with the draw but reckon even against the royalty it would be tight. Shame you didnt do a better job in the Beckham round, add Eusebio to this team and yo are among the favorites.....
brilliant side on the other side, personally dont see the need for Laudrup so would prefer a DM behind Mackay and Modric, given the industry of the two it can be a playmaker but a holding midfielder would give a much better balance.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That's a fecking juggernaut by 2Gio (as usual). Imagining Maguire against Best, Laudrup and Henry literally gives me nightmares :lol:
Nice team by @Zlatan 7 to be fair, he's just unlucky to get the best or at least one of the best sides in the draft. Bonus points for the picture!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah if the reinforcement rounds take a similar shape to the drafting we've already seen then 2Gio could probably make the final with that first round team.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Alberto and cha boom are obviously gonna rinse rose down the right so I may get a goal back.

I’d also have a good crack down the left as that doesnt look very defensive. Best isn’t tracking back so relying on modric staying there for cover. Again Cole and RVP will rinse that wing

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Never mind, I’ve read your post again and I actually would have preferred a 442 but shit out of it. I had Willian who could have played right wing, RVP at a stretch on left with zola and cha boom upfront but it didn’t seem as balanced

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
This and Mustard's Neville video :lol:

As for your team, it looks really good. Just one thing: I don't know your offensive squad options, but to me your defensive personnel screams back four & more firepower up front. Maybe there was a wing option to have a go at Danny Rose? Then again, it wouldn't have made a big difference, as it's impossible to vote against 2mufc0/Gio here.

How was 2giO allowed to assemble this?
Excellent drafting, surely. But they were also a) at the top end of the snake (Bestie), b) among the lucky ones who could pick up dropped star players (Giggs & Modric), and c) at the top end of the 5 countries round (Laudrup). Hence the total juggernaut.

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
This and Mustard's Neville video :lol:

As for your team, it looks really good. Just one thing: I don't know your offensive squad options, but to me your defensive personnel screams back four & more firepower up front. Maybe there was a wing option to have a go at Danny Rose? Then again, it wouldn't have made a big difference, as it's impossible to vote against 2mufc0/Gio here.

Excellent drafting, surely. But they were also a) at the top of the snake (-> Bestie), b) among the lucky ones who could pick up dropped star players, and c) at the top of the 5 countries round.
Thanks for the input, yeah I agree a back 4 would have been better and annoyingly I don’t even like a 352 it just happened. Platt and Willian were my only options but as you say, not much would have made a difference anyway :lol:

Himannv

To be honest, I was really interested in picking Zola and Littbarski. Really interesting players you went for. I think in a draft that had a few less shenanigans your team might have looked different.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Not a fan of two well decorated drafters with so many wins teaming up. Giving this to Zlatan as a matter of ethics.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
To be honest, I was really interested in picking Zola and Littbarski. Really interesting players you went for. I think in a draft that had a few less shenanigans your team might have looked different.
Thanks mate, it was almost there

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Good game gio and 2mufc0. Drop your team, don’t say a word and thrash me in the process. Nicely done

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Good game gio and 2mufc0. Drop your team, don’t say a word and thrash me in the process. Nicely done
That salty tears :lol:

Anyway. No shame on losing this. I don't think any other team could do better.