Only Fools and Horses R1 - Port Vale vs Indnyc

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game? Edit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

vs

Team Port Vale

Peaks:
Peter Bonetti 68/71
Brito 69/72
Norman Hunter 72/75
Gilberto Silva 02/05
Martin Peters 64/67
Alan Ball 66/69
Netzer 72/75
Dennis Bergkamp 97/00
Jimmy Greaves 61/64
Francis Lee 67/70
Dele Alli 16/19

I will be playing the rarely used 3 2 3 2 formation with Gilberto Silva (who started out as a centre half) playing slightly ahead in a 3 with Brito and Norman Hunter in the Phil Babb, Neil Ruddock and John Scales back three roles of Liverpool.

Alan Ball and Martin Peters will be reprising their respective roles of the 66 World Cup Final but with a little more defensive responsibilities.

Maybe a little too much attacking in my team but I will revert you to....

We’re gonna score one more than you......Port Vale

Bergkamp and Netzer with their brilliance for a pass feeding Greaves and Franny Lee hustling the defence in the Mane role should be enough for us to defend from the top.

On a side note Norman Hunter and Franny Lee were put as far away from each other on the pitch due to...

We have a fighting team with a fighting chance

Team Indy

Formation - 4-3-3

Formidable defense given the player restrictions.. Olsen and Khurtsilava are a strong central defensive partnership. .They are supported by 2 of the greatest fullbacks of all time..

Stong attack built around Keegan and Matthews.. Larsson and Mane are perfectly suited for scoring goals

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In all honesty, I find it hard envisioning how all three of Netzer, Bergkamp and Alli are supposed to work together :(
I like that you've straight out cut Cohen and Wilson out of the picture simply to enhance your tactics a bit more, 2-4-2 makes a nice shape.

Himannv

I've spent a bit of time thinking about the Gladbach midfield and I think 4-3-3 is the way to play with Netzer. He contributes a lot to the midfield, but I think you want to also leave space for those driving runs he makes. As such, I'm not a fan of Bergkamp and Alli being in the same team as I think it takes away some of his attacking threat. I really like the setup though, just not the personal.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
In all honesty, I find it hard envisioning how all three of Netzer, Bergkamp and Alli are supposed to work together :(
I like that you've straight out cut Cohen and Wilson out of the picture simply to enhance your tactics a bit more, 2-4-2 makes a nice shape.
Yeah first time doing this so expecting an early exit but will be joining another with a little bit more experience under my belt.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i can see Ball as a good wingback....Peters not so much, running wise would be okay but a bit meh on the ball.

Indnyc

Yeah first time doing this so expecting an early exit but will be joining another with a little bit more experience under my belt.
Hard luck with your team.. Glad to know you will continue to play in the future :)