Television Only Murders in the Building

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Really enjoyed the show...just good fun

BUT...
The Jan note on-door plothole really annoyed me!

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I'm guessing that'll be covered in season 2,given the other events of the finale?
That would explain away the plothole-ness of it, but would still be a bit annoying, as the inclusion of that scene basically is telling the audience that:

she cannot possibly be the killer for this murder that the show (and by default you the viewer) are trying to solve... feels like it's a bit of a cheap cop-out so they can make the twist more impactful

It would also work just as well if a) There was no note at all, or b) Charles was with her when she saw the note

choccy77

That would explain away the plothole-ness of it, but would still be a bit annoying, as the inclusion of that scene basically is telling the audience that:

she cannot possibly be the killer for this murder that the show (and by default you the viewer) are trying to solve... feels like it's a bit of a cheap cop-out so they can make the twist more impactful

It would also work just as well if a) There was no note at all, or b) Charles was with her when she saw the note
I think, it's all deliberate re setting things going for season 2.

Not everything has to be wrapped up, especially if there is a larger thing going on.

The premises of the show is that there will be more than one murder or murderer in the building, especially as they are intending to have many seasons if it remains a success.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Really enjoyed the show...just good fun

BUT...
The Jan note on-door plothole really annoyed me!
The only thing I could think of was that they had cctv's set up in the hallway and she wanted to make it as believable as possible that she was being threatened before the stabbing took place.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Took me 5 mins to figure out where the spoilers were. One post a year will do that...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The only thing I could think of was that they had cctv's set up in the hallway and she wanted to make it as believable as possible that she was being threatened before the stabbing took place.
Surely CCTV would catch her putting it up if that's the case.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I took the note on the door to mean someone was on to her and that’s why she stabbed herself - to avoid suspicion. Or am I way off!?
Yeah that definitely has to be it... Just still feels like cheating a bit.

Plus she won't even be around in season 2 to suffer the consequences of it!

SirAF

Ageist
Two first episodes of season 2 are out now.

lsd

The Oracle
So first episode of new season and i spot Michael Rappaport and get excited thinking oh this season is going to be just as good.

Then i see Amy Schumer and seriously thinking i should turn it off and forget about it why did they have to ruin it?

decorativeed

So first episode of new season and i spot Michael Rappaport and get excited thinking oh this season is going to be just as good.

Then i see Amy Schumer and seriously thinking i should turn it off and forget about it why did they have to ruin it?
It's already established they live in an expensive apartment block where celebs live. I've no problem with Schumer playing herself, but I hope they don't overload it with cameos like that.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Been a decent start to the season. The 3 main characters work very well together.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's become incredibly shite and boring.

It seems the characters are more and more stupid with every episode.

decorativeed

I'm still enjoying it, but the biggest mystery remains why anyone would hire Cara Delvigne for an acting gig. My front door is less wooden.

ha_rooney

I feel like the murder mystery this season hasn't been as well written as it was last season, but it's an easy watch so I don't mind too much.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
It's certainly not as engaging as the first season, and is meandering around without much of a plot. Shame since this was ripe for a proper story. Hope they pull something out of the hat in the last few episodes.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
It’s reminding me of stranger things now. Driven by vibes and quirkiness at the expense of plot and story. Not gonna bother with season 2.

lsd

The Oracle
It’s reminding me of stranger things now. Driven by vibes and quirkiness at the expense of plot and story. Not gonna bother with season 2.

Checked out the second Amy Schumer appeared. They need to learn not to bring in people like that for any length of time

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll watch til the end of this season and then probably not any more, if they do another season.

It is just meandering now with cliffhangers for cliffhangers sake.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Just caught up with this and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It's silly, there are plotholes all over the shop, but it made me giggle.

Martin Short is daft but I love him. Bit of bias as we share the same last name but I think the chemistry between the 3 works really well. I think I've the finale seems obvious on the surface, but also bank on there being an extra twist that I cant seem to figure out what it may be.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Two female villains in quick succession seems a bit out of sync with modern TV storytelling.

I assume there will be a male killer, at the very least.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Two female villains in quick succession seems a bit out of sync with modern TV storytelling.

I assume there will be a male killer, at the very least.

I reckon the murderer is the bloke who had the drinks with Howard during the blackout. I was trying to figure out the links, but him mentioning being in the Lion King musical may have some substance.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I enjoyed this season, but that finale was so flat. I didnt predict it but felt silly.

Season 3 is obviously coming, but they need to up their game for it.

ha_rooney

Finale felt very Scooby Doo with the reveal, as was said in the episode itself!

The pacing this season felt off & I didn’t think the plot was as compelling as the first season. However, the leads all work well together so it’s an easy watch. Hopefully the writing is better next season.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Giant meh, this season. Very disappointing, especially after a strong first season. This one was not very good at all.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I enjoyed this season, but that finale was so flat. I didnt predict it but felt silly.

Season 3 is obviously coming, but they need to up their game for it.
I was the opposite... Felt kinda meh on the series, but actually enjoyed the campiness and silliness of the finale/reveal.

My god Cara Delevingne is a rubbish actress though. Really brings down Selena Gomes in their scenes together too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Season 3 has started but I don’t think I’ll bother. Someone tag me if it’s actually good.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
A bit tired of the sameness of this show now. The first was quite good, the second overwhelmingly meh, and this third has its moments in the first two episodes, but I'm nowhere close to invested in anyone's storyline. Just poor direction overall.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So I can't finish two episodes of the latest season without falling asleep for about fifth time. Does it get any better?

lsd

The Oracle
So I can't finish two episodes of the latest season without falling asleep for about fifth time. Does it get any better?

It's just about watchable the main problem with the show after the first season is they sacrificed writing for celebrity cameos.

It is kind they just try and secure as many stars and friends of the main three as they can then at the last minute scribble a vague outline of a plot

muller

I've really enjoyed all 3 seasons to be honest. Season 3 was great - really good bunch of storylines intertwined, good characters and development and back story too.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I enjoyed the 2nd half of this new season. The 1st half was pretty boring.