Oppo fans — where do you rank Man United?

tomaldinho1

Things can change quickly. But in that period, Barcelona have won 3 UCLs and boasted 3 or 4 players in conversations for the greatest players of all time in their positions. United havent had that many, probably in their history.
'
We peaked at the same time as them sadly - imagine how different things could have been. '08-'11 We were in 3 of 4 CL finals. We were just playing Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and co at their best sadly.

3 CL finals in 4 years....Let that sink in as we scrap for 4th place this season. We were spoiled rotten.

LoneStar

I think we've definitely had the a philosophy since Roman came in 04/05 and it's only changed this season. We've been a physical counter attacking team with a target man focal point, firstly Drogba then Costa. We would sit deep play with a low block, never too focused on possession, effective football, happy to ceed the ball to teams like Barca, defend and hit them on the break. This style suited Terry, Lampard etc a lot. I actually think peak Terry would struggle to get in the team with how we're trying to play at the moment.
Fair enough. You do seem to have a general style of play, now that I think about it.

I'd like to see Utd develop their own players, rather than buying them. You've got some real quality young English players in the squad and some good prospects. Like our youth they actually need first team games to develop though. I've supported Chelsea since the early 90s and we've never really been able to develop our own youth players, always had some mercs in the squad. Not unusual for us.
I think this is harder than ever now because of the nature of football and huge short term expectations. Also, our youth record is better than most clubs.

The main problem with our club is the lack of direction. Stick to a brand of football, appoint a DoF so that the club would easily be able to replace managers if needed.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
At this current stage I think even Arsenal are ahead of United in terms of harmony in the dressing room and playing style. It does look like United will finish with another trophyless season, which shouldn't be happening at a club this size.

Treble

At this current stage I think even Arsenal are ahead of United in terms of harmony in the dressing room and playing style. It does look like United will finish with another trophyless season, which shouldn't be happening at a club this size.
How many years has it happened at your club now?