2. Win Europa League
3. At least 3rd in the league
4. Go out of FA cup
Top 4 is comfortable IMO.

1. League Cup final now that we are here
  2. Europa League
  3. FA Cup
  4. Finishing higher than 4th in the league
I can't be the only one not arsed with Europa if Top 4 is comfortable? I always think of it as the back up to finishing in the top 4.

Another FA cup would be grand though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
1) Top four.
2) League Cup
3) Europa League
4) FA Cup

Top four is obviously the most important thing and our main goal for the season. League Cup second as it is the most convenient trophy to win given we're already in the final. And in both those cases not seeing it out from the good position we're in would actively be a disappointment. Whereas if we get knocked out of the EL or FA Cup it's more of a shrug.

Bondi77

We just take each game as it come.
The most important game is the next game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can't be the only one not arsed with Europa if Top 4 is comfortable? I always think of it as the back up to finishing in the top 4.

Another FA cup would be grand though.
Gives us pot 1 in CL groups, super Cup chance next season, prestige of a European trophy, counts towards coefficient... It's definitely the biggest non main 2 trophy these days, but unlikely given we play Barca days before a cup final.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
CL is key. Worst case scenario is Chelsea winning the CL and removing one league space, so 3rd should be the aim. Winning the EL would be better.

Before that though, let's please disappoint Atletico Arabia FC.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
CL is key. Worst case scenario is Chelsea winning the CL and removing one league space, so 3rd should be the aim. Winning the EL would be better.

Before that though, let's please disappoint Atletico Arabia FC.
Chelsea wouldn’t remove any spot. There would be 5 English teams in the CL in that case.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Nah couldn't be arsed with the Europa, too many games involved even if we get through Barca.

League Cup, top four, and a good FA cup run would be an amazing season given where we started from.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Pretty sure that's not the rule or never was. Only the EL winner gets an independent spot.

Edit: here's the link https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained#:~:text=In the event that a,UEFA Europa League group stage.
The rules in that link also suggest your first post was wrong though. If Chelsea win the CL then there would be five PL teams in the CL, the top four and Chelsea.

4th becoming a EL place would require teams from outside the top four to win both the CL and EL. Because both those teams would qualify automatically, at which point there's just 3 spaces left from the max 5.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
1. FA Cup
2. League Cup
3. Top 4
4. You're ropey league

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Pretty sure that's not the rule or never was. Only the EL winner gets an independent spot.

Edit: here's the link https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained#:~:text=In the event that a,UEFA Europa League group stage.
Did you even read that?

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.”

There’s no danger for us because the only other English club in the EL won’t be finishing outside of top 4.

SirAF

Ageist
2. Win Carabao Cup final
3. Europa League
4. FA Cup

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Did you even read that?

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.”

There’s no danger for us because the only other English club in the EL won’t be finishing outside of top 4.
Technically it's still possible but agree it's very unlikely.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
1. Win every game we can. (top 4 is comfortable at the moment)
2. win at Wembley in the final!
3 Europa league (this Might change if we beat Barca some how)

Elcabron

1) Top four.
2) League Cup
3) Europa League
4) FA Cup

Top four is obviously the most important thing and our main goal for the season. League Cup second as it is the most convenient trophy to win given we're already in the final. And in both those cases not seeing it out from the good position we're in would actively be a disappointment. Whereas if we get knocked out of the EL or FA Cup it's more of a shrug.
My sentiments exactly.

wolvored

Win LC as were already in final.
Win EL. Kills 2 birds with one stone
Win FA cup
Stay in top 4.
Every other season top 4 would be first priority, but I think the way the other big teams are performing and were generally winning, top 4 is a shoe in anyway. I would hope we battle City for 2nd, certainly finish 3rd. I dont think this version of Arsenal will drop off.

RonaldoVII

Think it's too early to start trying to prioritise. Get through Feb and see where we're at and what competitions we're still in.

Flanders Devil

For me, a good season would be winning a trophy and qualifying for the Champions League. Don't really care how...but based purely on probability then I would say:
1. League Cup
2. Top 3/4
3. Europa
4. FA

In terms of what would be most exciting:
1. Europa
2. League Cup
3. FA
4. League (position wouldn't matter)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
People put top 4 first, but if you give me the choice of finishing top 4 or winning the Europa League, I'm picking Europa League everytime.

I guess top 4 is first 'cos it's easier/more attainable at this point... but yeah if we get past Barca and find ourselves in a semi final then Europa League surely is the priority.

RuudTom83

For Year 1 it’s all about setting good foundations and maintaining them.

ETH wants to win every game with the strongest team available and I’m totally fine with that approach.

Once the team is performing how he likes then United can start to pick and choose which tournaments to prioritise in Year 2/3.

1. All of them!

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
  1. MUFC SOLD - I cant look anywhere beyond this and believe it will be the platform for future seasons anything else is a nice to have.
  2. League Cup - Losing it now would be a huge setback, winning it could be a catalyst for the rest.
  3. Top 3 - Getting just about top 4 would be good but Top 3 is there and we need to grab it.
  4. Europa League - European football is essential for United and winning the EL would be brilliant, I have fond memories of the one under Jose. But I dont think we get past Barca.
  5. FA Cup - The bigger of the two cups and brilliant to win it, but League Cup is more of a launching platform so would like to see us win it.
  6. ETH to develop the club and build our style of play further and inbed his ideal system.

MUFC OK

Europa will be toughest to win - so many games to play. Absolutely want to beat Barcelona though and would like to play Juve. Big games and good for ETH to test himself against big teams in Europe.

MUFC OK

1. MUFC SOLD - I cant look anywhere beyond this and believe it will be the platform for future seasons anything else is a nice to have.
  2. League Cup - Losing it now would be a huge setback, winning it could be a catalyst for the rest.
  3. Top 3 - Getting just about top 4 would be good but Top 3 is there and we need to grab it.
  4. Europa League - European football is essential for United and winning the EL would be brilliant, I have fond memories of the one under Jose. But I dont think we get past Barca.
  5. FA Cup - The bigger of the two cups and brilliant to win it, but League Cup is more of a launching platform so would like to see us win it.
  6. ETH to develop the club and build our style of play further and inbed his ideal system.
Always this.

Siorac

League over everything else.
Normally I'd say the Europa League is the second priority but we're in the League Cup final and we won't beat Barcelona anyway so I guess the final is the next priority, and EL after that.
The FA Cup I don't give a feck about.

Puskas_007

If you're thinking about next season then top 4 is top of the list, but if you're just thinking about this season it has to be about trophies too, so:

1. League Cup (we're in the final so we have to prioritize winning it surely);
2. Premier League - minimum is finishing top 4
3. FA Cup
4. Europa League

Siorac

That’s the spirit! :rolleyes:
Hey, my attitude won't make a difference to the games. I can't see us getting past this Barcelona side, they are superior in basically every position except for Casemiro and Varane. They are top in La Liga, barely concede goals, and have a lethal striker. Meanwhile we have basically no depth in midfield, struggle with scoring goals, and have an insane schedule around the Barca games. Also, our record against Spanish teams is dreadful.

It's not quite a foregone conclusion but I wouldn't give us more than a 10% chance and that is being generous.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Beat Newcastle. Everything else can wait.