Other sports in summer - events calendar

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Hello. Wanted to compile a schedule of various interesting sports for the summer, but I started to add and add more and more sports, and the list grew a bit too long maybe. Think it still might be useful for other people too, so wanted to share it. It's not football, but I reckon plenty of these could be quite interesting.

Obvious highlight of the summer is on June 27th. (I had no idea they played that - I have no idea how they play that)

Here's a better looking google sheet, with one being sorted by date, like images above, and one by sport.

[ link ]

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I've seen it, it's basically handball on a broom stick. Most stupid thing ever.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
For Formula 1, on Cafe there's already a lot of interest. Fans here won't miss the races, I'm sure.

As for golf, my bad.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
It's mostly about smaller, lesser popular sports, for us to possibly check during long and boring summer months, while waiting for the 18/19 season to start. It did spill into autumn, and almost winter, but can't hurt.

Did add few chess and golf tournaments on the sheet at google docs though - what I believe are the biggest of the year (Olympiad and WC for chess, US, Open and PGA for golf).

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Tried to prettify the sheet, and added more events along with actual links to streams of them if someone actually wants to check them out.

Will probably do it for every event, so check occasionally sheet for updated info.

[ link ]

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
No love for the Hockey WC?
Been watching the results come in for a while now and surprise, surprise, the Irish women made the WC final. Playing against The Netherlands which will be tough.
This must be Ireland’s first ever WC final appearance in any sport, right?
It’s coming home! :p
Edit; whatever the result of the final, these ladies have done brilliantly.

Last edited:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I watched some ladies play hockey, but the games I happened to see all ended with a goal at most. Was not a great watch.

And them ladies are so damn selfish, coming to this after seeing passing in football after WC for instance, is a bit shocking. Yelled multiple time "pass! pass!", but noone listens to me. Going between five defenders and of course, losing the ball.

I like their corners though. No "deliberate or not" bull.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Confirmed what I thought: The Irish hockey ladies team has made Irish history. 1st senior team to compete in a WC final in any sport.
They need some serious luck against the Dutchies to win though.

Edit: close one but the Dutchies win, again. NED 6-0 Ireland.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Friend of mine played in the quidditch world cup this summer. Came back with a broken leg and several other injuries. It's fun as feck, it's a combination of handball, rugby, hockey and attempted murder

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dutch ladies won their 11th world cup in field hockey beating Ireland 6-0 in the final.

No idea why we’re so good at this. Wish we were this good at football :(