Our attitude against ‘smaller’ clubs...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This has been a massive problem in recent years. I’m not interested in watching the game tonight, but I have no fears about facing Arsenal. The arrogance of our players means they rarely disgrace themselves against top clubs. They seem to think these are the kind of teams worthy of them playing football against.

I’m more concerned with going on to face Huddersfield or Fulham. We had been on a run of decent form, until we ran into the might of Palace and Southampton. Saturday is the final straw for me, as that was likely the worst side we will face all season and we approached it with usual lethargy. Last season, we lost against every promoted team. This season we have failed to beat Brighton, Wolves, Southampton and Palace already. Young Boys at home was probably our worst CL performance, and we went out of the League Cup to lower league opposition. At home.

I don’t know if it is arrogance or entitlement, but it is probably what infuriates the most about this group.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t think it’s arrogance at all. It’s a tactical issue. It’s no coincidence that we do well against teams that try to build attacks with the ball and get forward into our half with numbers. We are good at cutting teams open when given space

We struggle when we are expected to build attacks and break down teams who are happy to sit back and pick us off with counters.

We just don’t have the wide players to stretch defences like that and not the quick smart passing and movement around the final third.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Usually I'd agree but I think we're going to get hammered tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we battered Arsenal by 3 or more goals tonight or the polar opposite occurring.

It's indicative of the club at present in that both scenarios are equally as likely.

Chairman Woodie

I agree. Yet pundits place so much emphasis on United's games against the top five or six teams. But United's undoing seems to be against the lesser teams. It's a worthy observation that is rarely discussed.

I think part of reason is arrogance. I feel United sometimes underestimate the opposition. The other reason is tactical. United struggle to break down opposition that park the bus. In contrast to the top five/six teams, who play attacking football.

Bwuk

We aren’t good enough to break down teams who put men behind the ball.

Against better sides we can try and play on the counter more.