Our away fans

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I’ll probably catch heat for saying this but I don’t agree. The United away support is fantastic and I’ve complimented them in the last on here. Generally though most clubs have fantastic away support, away fans in general are the most committed and passionate fans, a lot of them make hard sacrifices to be there. Every fan will say their away support is the best, and they have good reason to. The midland clubs are always amazing, United are excellent, West Ham away are brilliant.Newcastle are the funniest.
Would have to agree with this. Our away support is special but I'd imagine to every club, their away fans are special.

The bolded bit made me remember just how good West Brom were when they came to OT back in 2005 (the game the Glazers took over at). I can't remember if I've seen them again since but I vividly remember their away support that day.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Feyenoord away fans are amazing. Especially in Europe. We drink all your beer, demolish all your historical landmarks and generally act like utter cnuts.

I've proudly not been to a European away game in 10 years.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Many things really:

• acoustics at Old Trafford are poor
• demographic of average home fan v average away fan (more families and ‘older’ fans at home games and they’re less likely to be raucous)
• away fans generally close together in one stand/section whereas at Old Trafford, the vocal sections are spread throughout the stadium
• away days are usually a booze-up so plenty of giddiness and lairiness involved in away ends

For the most part, most clubs’ away following is better than their home one but United’s away support is out on its own, even in that regard.
Understand that. Thanks.

Red00012

Heading to Bruge tomorrow , the last game I was at was Wolves at home . Can safely say 2 completely different atmospheres . I was in the North Stand for Wolves and people looked at you if you tried starting to sing.

But as mentioned away days are usually a day long bender in the boozer and everyone in there is singing for the 90mins.

OldRed1

Heading to Bruge tomorrow , the last game I was at was Wolves at home . Can safely say 2 completely different atmospheres . I was in the North Stand for Wolves and people looked at you if you tried starting to sing.

But as mentioned away days are usually a day long bender in the boozer and everyone in there is singing for the 90mins.
Do you actually go to see the game or just get pissed?

Coops73

Feyenoord away fans are amazing. Especially in Europe. We drink all your beer, demolish all your historical landmarks and generally act like utter cnuts.

I've proudly not been to a European away game in 10 years.
Sounds like the third reich.

Red00012

Do you actually go to see the game or just get pissed?
I don’t live anywhere close to Manchester , i wasn’t drinking at the Wolves game so no I don’t fly 2 hours to go on the piss , I’m just saying away days are more livelier.

dbs235

Very loud tonight. I always think despite the Etihad being quiet that City's away fans are always loud too, maybe it's the Manc accent that's loud.

Ted Lasso

Brilliant. Quite phenomenal to be able to hear them so clearly on the tele even

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Best away end since covid. Jamie Vardy, your wife is a grass.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Leeds last year was pretty good to be fair.

Tonight was grand though much better than Southampton Saturday
Didn't do Southampton but heard it was decent. Leeds last year was great for intensity and the result but the noise was average. Tonight was loud as feck.

hp88

Didn't do Southampton but heard it was decent. Leeds last year was great for intensity and the result but the noise was average. Tonight was loud as feck.
Drowned out that fecking drum of theirs as well.

Gavinb33

Don't think to much to Southampton, in my defense I was at Cricket all day Friday at OT and probably wasn't in the greatest shape after waking up at 6am to drive Saturday morning.

Tonight was proper though really good

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Don't think to much to Southampton, in my defense I was at Cricket all day Friday at OT and probably wasn't in the greatest shape after waking up at 6am to drive Saturday morning.

Tonight was proper though really good
Great shout with the Cricket mate. No better sesh going.

Unreal away end tonight, full of loons. Perfect.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Midweek aways are always ace. Everyone gets the day off work and starts drinking in the early afternoon. Perfect combination

Barnsley away in the League Cup in 2009 was a good example of that.

ZupZup

Midweek aways are always ace. Everyone gets the day off work and starts drinking in the early afternoon. Perfect combination

Barnsley away in the League Cup in 2009 was a good example of that.
Derby County away in the FA Cup in 2016 is a great example of this too... must have been close to 5,000 pissed up reds there on a Thursday night I think it was. Great stuff.

Josh 76

Away games are just a big piss up. I’ve been to enough games where some of the fans get so carried away in the pubs before the games, that they don’t even go to the matches. Especially in Europe.

R'hllor

Away fans night and day difference compared to home crowd.