Our away fans

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Our away support is one reason I wasn’t too bother when we got Chelsea away in the cup.Our away support go to the game to sing and support the team at home most of our support sits back and waits for the team to entertain them .Be honest how often is the the away fans who are making all the noise at OT? I think it’s only for City & Liverpool that our home support really gets into it.

dave1956

At away games Utd., fans are grouped together so you have a complete block singing, chanting and flag waving in unison. Now unlike Old Trafford where I have found with the exception of the Stretford End, when I have been in other sections of the ground those you have tried to get the singing going or stood up are immediately approached by stewards and told to sit down, which leaves the feeling that you could be asked to leave.
I do feel that we need to regenerate the atmosphere of the Stretford End and the rest of the ground as it was from the 50s to when we had an all sitting stadium, unfortunately I think that will not be possible until we return to all standing sections within the ground.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The United away fans are brilliant. I’ve said before when I did an away season (Swansea’s away support was amazing that season) that Old Trafford was very disappointing (as were most of the big clubs) but the away fans were superb. The best I’ve seen in the prem though were Newcastle, spent the match ripping into Ashley and Pardew, with hilarious jibes and chants.

Most of the away support in the English leagues are pretty brilliant, even without the big numbers some of the teams lower down the leagues are brilliant. It takes a lot of dedication to go to all the games but it’s a brilliant experience, if it works geographically and financially everyone should try one season hitting all the games.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
First time I've heard the home fans actually compete with our away fans but Palace are brilliant.

We absolutely took over in the end as expected.

Anyone here go regularly to aways?

Big Andy

Bloke
Yep, a naw addition and a welcome one. Made me chuckle a good few times.

Need to get myself to an Away match, I'd wager it's an amazing experience like nothing else with United away fans.
I don't like that addition...

A song about Ole, about our players, about us, and we tag them cnuts on at the end...reeks of obsession..

ZupZup

Well, adding 'YSB' to the end of the Ole chant will hopefully not be around for long...

Various fan groups want to get it binned off thankfully so hopefully the message gets around very soon. We shouldn't be bringing up the Scousers in a celebratory chant about our own club... just seems utterly small-time.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The U-N-I-T-E-D song needlessly mentions City. The Pride of all Europe song mentions Scousers, Cockneys and the abrupt "AND LEEDS!". The Park Ji Sing song goes off to a bit about Scousers eating rats.

I don't see the problem. It's a bit of fun. It made me laugh hearing the YSB addition last night. Sounds like the majority of the away end enjoyed it too based on how ferociously that bit was yelled. If the majority decide to bin it off, then fair enough. I thought it was funny anyway.

redchamp

First time I've heard the home fans actually compete with our away fans but Palace are brilliant.

I do, but there's not many on here.

Jordi

Glad to see some others in agreement. The addition of YSB is so unbelievably small time, the exact kind of thing we would abuse the dippers or city for.

The song has no relevance to Liverpool whatsoever... hopefully the fan groups put an end to it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yeah have to agree, I HATE Liverpool with intense passion....but it's such a great song and such a positive song it's just totally unnecessary to bring those theiving sciving unemployed scouse bastards into it

Robbo*

Yeah, done all 8 under Ole - been a good 3 months!

Red00012

Ya get rid of YSB anyway,why do we have to bring them into a song...we should bring back woke up feeling fine as well and change that cnut to Ole, another great song. It was played before games at OT when he was there.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I was at Palace (but not in the away section) last night, our fans were unbelievable. I’ve some Palace friends and go there once or twice a season. You have to hand it to their fans. They create great atmosphere in a dreadful stadium.

My last United away game before last night was White Hart Lane in 1987, so yes I go regularly, once every 32 years.

EricTheKingTheKing

100%
this is such a positive song. not a fan of the YSB.
This is about Ole the player and Us.

Finally you can here the positivity back. No need for a negative reference - even if they are scouse bastards

I don't like that addition...

A song about Ole, about our players, about us, and we tag them cnuts on at the end...reeks of obsession..

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That match might have had the best atmosphere in any league game this season. Don't think a match is capable of being dull when the support manages to be this big for both teams.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Amazing, sang all game and created superb atmosphere.
I could only listen to it on the radio and judging by that, the singing and cheering was all the United fans.

So. Why is the atmosphere so poor at home.
I understand that we have a lot of visitors, but with 75000 you would have thought the atmosphere would have been significantly better.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I could only listen to it on the radio and judging by that, the singing and cheering was all the United fans.

So. Why is the atmosphere so poor at home.
I understand that we have a lot of visitors, but with 75000 you would have thought the atmosphere would have been significantly better.
Many things really:

• acoustics at Old Trafford are poor
• demographic of average home fan v average away fan (more families and ‘older’ fans at home games and they’re less likely to be raucous)
• away fans generally close together in one stand/section whereas at Old Trafford, the vocal sections are spread throughout the stadium
• away days are usually a booze-up so plenty of giddiness and lairiness involved in away ends

For the most part, most clubs’ away following is better than their home one but United’s away support is out on its own, even in that regard.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Many things really:

• acoustics at Old Trafford are poor
• demographic of average home fan v average away fan (more families and ‘older’ fans at home games and they’re less likely to be raucous)
• away fans generally close together in one stand/section whereas at Old Trafford, the vocal sections are spread throughout the stadium
• away days are usually a booze-up so plenty of giddiness and lairiness involved in away ends

For the most part, most clubs’ away following is better than their home one but United’s away support is out on its own, even in that regard.
I’ll probably catch heat for saying this but I don’t agree. The United away support is fantastic and I’ve complimented them in the last on here. Generally though most clubs have fantastic away support, away fans in general are the most committed and passionate fans, a lot of them make hard sacrifices to be there. Every fan will say their away support is the best, and they have good reason to. The midland clubs are always amazing, United are excellent, West Ham away are brilliant.Newcastle are the funniest.

Can7onA

This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small..........

This is how it feels when your passports back in the drawer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DVG7

HAHAHA thats what it was. amazing.

Having been to my fair share of away games, I can recommend if the chance presents itself, just pay over the odds and get a ticket, you wont regret it.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Nice, I heard they'd adapted the end of the tune but wasn't sure about the new lyrics. Good we've wrested that one back, top tune.

ZupZup

They were really brilliant last night... there have been some poor United away ends this season though and I think it's been a bit hit and miss.

Although on the other hand, there has been a good atmosphere at Old Trafford for some of the home matches this season. Jose's return with Spurs sticks out as being pretty memorable.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
My mum (from salford) always makes the same joke - it's because they don't have too far to go when they play in London.