Our Biggest Needs Priority Order

Abraxas

Striker by far. Unbelievable for Man Utd to be relying on a 37 year old and Anthony Martial fresh from a disastrous loan spell as the men to fire us to glory.

The rest I can go either way on the order. Depends who is available. Keeper would be a very important signing for building this defence, so as it would probably make the biggest impact I'd say that.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I like him, love his self assuredness. However, the striker we sign should be one that will be in our league challenging starting eleven and I'm just not sure he's quite that. Especially for the kind of money he'll cost.
Nah. He’s a proper prick. He’d get out of the club for buttons compared to some players.

He’s Jesus-lite and will score a similar goal Volume. Best penalty taker I’ve ever seen too.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Hard to argue against CF being the starting position, watching this game vs Spurs

Bwuk

If we had a top striker we’d of scored 5 today.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Obviously we need an orthodox striker. But we also have to get a centre back who can cover for Varane and give him rests here and there so we can manage his fitness. The drop in quality is vast and we become tactically weaker as soon as Varane+Martinez aren't the pairing.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Obviously we need an orthodox striker. But we also have to get a centre back who can cover for Varane and give him rests here and there so we can manage his fitness. The drop in quality is vast and we become tactically weaker as soon as Varane+Martinez aren't the pairing.
Centre Forward is definitely the biggest need I agree. Especially when you consider the impact it's now having on our left side. Sancho has been shocking yet we can't afford to play Rashford in his position.

At least we have some cover at Center Back. Maguire and Lindelof aren't near the level of Varane but at least they are both top 8 in the league starter quality.

For me, Dalot needs rest and competition. Preferably a RB that overlaps as this will give Antony an outlet and make him even more unpredictable. It explains the link to Frimpong.

For me, Gakpo and Frimpong in the winter, then Robert Sanchez and De Jong in the summer.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Centre Forward is definitely the biggest need I agree. Especially when you consider the impact it's now having on our left side. Sancho has been shocking yet we can't afford to play Rashford in his position.

At least we have some cover at Center Back. Maguire and Lindelof aren't near the level of Varane but at least they are both top 8 in the league starter quality.

For me, Dalot needs rest and competition. Preferably a RB that overlaps as this will give Antony an outlet and make him even more unpredictable. It explains the link to Frimpong.

For me, Gakpo and Frimpong in the winter, then Robert Sanchez and De Jong in the summer.
If Dalot can stay healthy, then maybe we bring Laird back for next season to save $$ for the no. 1 priority, a central striker.

Then possibly invest in a back-up CB after we flog off Maguire. I would keep Lindeloff, he suits ETH's system more than Slabby.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
1. STK
2. RB
3. DLP
4. GK

Last edited:

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
If Dalot can stay healthy, then maybe we bring Laird back for next season to save $$ for the no. 1 priority, a central striker.

Then possibly invest in a back-up CB after we flog off Maguire. I would keep Lindeloff, he suits ETH's system more than Slabby.
You'd go a whole season with Dalot? That's a big risk. He's bound to get injured, lose form, tire or get suspended. Perhaps we can bring someone in on loan.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We need a complete forward as a priority.
We also need another CM, a playmaking one.

Kag

Striker then goalkeeper by some distance.

We obviously need an alternative to Dalot, as well as a longer term alternative to Eriksen. I’m not against seeing whether or not this can be Hannibal or Iqbal, in fairness.

Steve 007

A striker.

We already have one of the best keepers in the world. I think people have short memories. De Gea for a few years was one of our only decent players.

As for Bruno he just needs to recapture his early form which I think he will. We need to stop letting Rashford and Ronaldo take free kicks. Bruno is by far our best free kick taker.

FattyFooty

Striker has been a problem since RVP left.

I know people try to convince me Rashford and Martial is good enugh...

Haaland at 11 games into the season. Has the same number of goals both of them had if you take their best full PL season.

We need a consisten striker that is good even on bad days. Who i dont know. But i would maybe look to SerieA even if it usally is hard getting players from that league.

Josep Dowling

Striker and CM to stop Fred and McTominay starting every week.

People saying RB I’ve thinks harsh. Dalot is having a very good season. Definitely needs competition but he’s done well.

wolvored

Its obvious to see a top cf is priority and JM needs to get onto the glazers for a january buy. Imo we would have won that game yesterday if Rash was replaced by someone who can finish. In fact we ought to get 2, one experienced and an up and coming, or promote Mcneil/Hugill for the backup.
Neither Rashford or Martial are good enough, for differing reasons, over a season.

kunal18

Striker
Left forward(dribbler+goal scorer)(Kvicha etc)
Playmaker alongside Casemiro(ala DeJong)
Centerback

In that priority

Erik the Red

All those look like good "Ten Hag" choices. I also wouldn't mind targeting Timber and Ndicka (free), along with Bellingham for midfield and I think we need two more strikers from Mbappe (on a free), Sesko, Endrick and Brobbey, with the last two appearing the most gettable. We also need a reserve goalkeeper, as I can't see Henderson being happy to be Sanchez understudy.

Although around ten more new players over the next two years sounds like a lot, there are probably more than that amount of players we should be moving on:

DDG, Henderson, Heaton, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Jones, Telles, Williams, Fred, Mctominay, VDB, Ronaldo, Amad, Pellistri, Elanga, and potentially Martial if he can't stay fit.

That is a whole team of players we would be moving on, but some of those should generate transfer fees, and none of them appear to be Ten Hag type players, and the drop in standards when he has had to rotate in reserve players is clearly noticeable.

The new players could cost around £400m, but that is the reality of transfer fees, but we should be able to generate over £100m from all those sales, and wages of the incoming players should be lower than our currently overpaid squad.

Last edited:

poleglass red

centre forward is the must. I'd say centre half second, as good as Varane is and has been, he picks up a lot of injuries and the back ups we have right now isn't good enough to cover him.

croadyman

centre forward is the must. I'd say centre half second, as good as Varane is and has been, he picks up a lot of injuries and the back ups we have right now isn't good enough to cover him.
Yeah we have no one in the squad who can offer us what Varane does,still make a striker absolute top priority though

reddevilz007

Are De Vrij and Skriniar out of contract in summer 2023?

If so, we should already jump on these possible free transfers.

Martinez, Varane, De Vrij and Skriniar… is way better than Jones, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe.

Yann Sommer also available in summer 2023. Sommer and Costa for next season.

Last edited:

Erik the Red

Martinez, Varane, De Vrij and Skriniar… is way better than Jones, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe.

Yann Sommer also available in summer 2023. Sommer and Costa for next season.
We should be all over free transfer opportunities like these (Ndicka as well), and hopefully they can have a similar impact as Eriksen. Bringing in players like this, who are good, solid, reliable, professionals, are useful as squad players, providing the cover needed, without the ego / salary of automatic starter expectations. They would also allow us to use our budget to focus on the players we really want to bring in.

reddevilz007

Martinez, Varane, De Vrij and Skriniar… is way better than Jones, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe
We should be all over free transfer opportunities like these (Ndicka as well), and hopefully they can have a similar impact as Eriksen. Bringing in players like this, who are good, solid, reliable, professionals, are useful as squad players, providing the cover needed, without the ego / salary of automatic starter expectations. They would also allow us to use our budget to focus on the players we really want to bring in.
Exactly my thought. Save up to for Bellingham for example. And a ETH type of keeper and a top striker.

Walters_19_MuFc

Striker

We'll need a striker to replace Ronaldo, either in January or summer. Not necessarily a big name but someone who will compliment the players we have, especially Bruno, who has a great partnership with Martial.

Goalkeeper

I feel our dominance on the ball over the last few games have come as a result of De Gea being better with the ball at his feet; however, I feel we need a top class ball playing goalkeeper if we are to play out from the back more often.

Right Back

As good as Dalot has been, I feel like we are already overplaying him. Unless we're going to play Williams or Wan-Bissaka (I know both are currently injured) we must find a right back in January to rotate with Dalot.

Centre Midfielder

I believe Casemiro and Bruno are the mainstays in our midfield. I do think that we could do with a proper box to box number 8, though. A mezalla type, who has the energy to run in behind and create overloads out wide.

If you look at the current options, we have Fred who will bring all the energy off the ball and is a pressing machine. We then have Eriksen, who, whilst he doesn't bring the same amount of energy as Fred, brings a much needed calmness and creativity to our midfield. What we need to find is a player who can give us both of those.

Centre Back

ten Hag prioritized a left footed centre back when he came in. Not only is Martinez good on the ball, but him being left footed gives us that much needed balance to our back line. Therefore, I believe we should be targeting a young left footed centre back to deputize for Martinez.

Rashford/Sancho - Martial/Striker - Antony/Elanga
Centre Midfielder/Fred - Bruno/Eriksen
Casemiro/McTominay
Shaw/Malacia - Martinez/Centre Back - Varane/Lindelof - Dalot/Right Back
Goalkeeper/De Gea

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Striker

We'll need a striker to replace Ronaldo, either in January or summer. Not necessarily a big name but someone who will compliment the players we have, especially Bruno, who has a great partnership with Martial.

Goalkeeper

I feel our dominance on the ball over the last few games have come as a result of De Gea being better with the ball at his feet; however, I feel we need a top class ball playing goalkeeper if we are to play out from the back more often.

Right Back

As good as Dalot has been, I feel like we are already overplaying him. Unless we're going to play Williams or Wan-Bissaka (I know both are currently injured) we must find a right back in January to rotate with Dalot.

Centre Midfielder

I believe Casemiro and Bruno are the mainstays in our midfield. I do think that we could do with a proper box to box number 8, though. A mezalla type, who has the energy to run in behind and create overloads out wide.

If you look at the current options, we have Fred who will bring all the energy off the ball and is a pressing machine. We then have Eriksen, who, whilst he doesn't bring the same amount of energy as Fred, brings a much needed calmness and creativity to our midfield. What we need to find is a player who can give us both of those.

Centre Back

ten Hag prioritized a left footed centre back when he came in. Not only is Martinez good on the ball, but him being left footed gives us that much needed balance to our back line. Therefore, I believe we should be targeting a young left footed centre back to deputize for Martinez.

Rashford/Sancho - Martial/Striker - Antony/Elanga
Centre Midfielder/Fred - Bruno/Eriksen
Casemiro/McTominay
Shaw/Malacia - Martinez/Centre Back - Varane/Lindelof - Dalot/Right Back
Goalkeeper/De Gea
Yep, pretty much agreed with this. A left sided centre back that's dominant in the air and a front foot defender would be ideal.
We'll need to get rid of Maguire, De gea and Ronaldo. That should free up a lot of salary space.

croadyman

Yeah we shouldn't be in a scenario where our CB's have to sit deeper because they can't play the high line our first choices can. Therefore having cover in that area is very high up the priority list.

I still make a striker the highest priority only because we would have another 4 points if we had one right now. The tricky bit is whether we wait it out or get whoever is available in January.

We Need Another Rebuild

We need a ST, CM, GK, RB & a CB to add real balance to this team.

CB - Ndicka - Free transfer required due to moving Jones, Tuanzebe, Bailly & Maguire on.

RB - Malo Gusto Contract Expires 2024 - Cheap deal to be done £20-£30 million - Depth required as AWB & Williams will likely leave.

GK - Costa - €50 million release clause apparently - £45 million roughly - will be offset by Henderson sale & DDG wages - Keep Heaton as Backup or 3rd Choice if a cheap 2nd can be signed not going to be on the earth.

CM - De Jong is the obvious chased all summer £60 million or Bellingham who will cost minimum £120 million - Prefer Bellingham but we are run by the Glazers.

ST - David, Sesko Couple of names mentioned around the £40-£50 million range - Ronaldo's Wages could offset some of the outlay on this.

Doubt we will spend anywhere near what we actually need to properly add depth to the squad.

croadyman

We need a ST, CM, GK, RB & a CB to add real balance to this team.

CB - Ndicka - Free transfer required due to moving Jones, Tuanzebe, Bailly & Maguire on.

RB - Malo Gusto Contract Expires 2024 - Cheap deal to be done £20-£30 million - Depth required as AWB & Williams will likely leave.

GK - Costa - €50 million release clause apparently - £45 million roughly - will be offset by Henderson sale & DDG wages - Keep Heaton as Backup or 3rd Choice if a cheap 2nd can be signed not going to be on the earth.

CM - De Jong is the obvious chased all summer £60 million or Bellingham who will cost minimum £120 million - Prefer Bellingham but we are run by the Glazers.

ST - David, Sesko Couple of names mentioned around the £40-£50 million range - Ronaldo's Wages could offset some of the outlay on this.

Doubt we will spend anywhere near what we actually need to properly add depth to the squad.
Be great if we could do a couple of shrewd deals in January like RB & cheap ST because would mean less to do in summer, however don't like the noises from Whitwell suggesting we won't do much business in the winter.

We Need Another Rebuild

Be great if we could do a couple of shrewd deals in January like RB & cheap ST because would mean less to do in summer, however don't like the noises from Whitwell suggesting we won't do much business in the winter.
I forgot to include Youssoufa Moukoko's Contract Expiring 2023 - Another Free Transfer Backup, 1st Team Potential

Tielemans is another one could be signed as depth on a free, prem proven.

justsomebloke

The longer term picture aside, I think the most pressing need now is to get Ronaldo out during the January window, and get a replacement in, if necessary a loan signing.

In an ideal world, Maguire goes to Qatar, has an impressive tournament, and we cash in on a big money transfer in January. In that case we might be able to think about a more major permanent signing up front, or possibly a Right Back?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Center forward is the only position where we're screaming for an upgrade so that is obviously the number one priority.

If Sancho doesn't improve then I think we can consider a left winger too. If Varane continues to struggle with injuries we should also get another centerback.

There are probably 5-6 players we can get rid off to make some space. Ronaldo, Maguire, Van De Beek and Henderson being some of them.

Reactions: Invictus

justsomebloke

Center forward is the only position where we're screaming for an upgrade so that is obviously the number one priority.

If Sancho doesn't improve then I think we can consider a left winger too. If Varane continues to struggle with injuries we should also get another centerback.

There are probably 5-6 players we can get rid off to make some space. Ronaldo, Maguire, Van De Beek and Henderson being some of them.
Not so sure about Henderson. If we decide to cut ties with De Gea, he could be a viable option next season. I think he's done well enough to warrant consideration, at least.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Not so sure about Henderson. If we decide to cut ties with De Gea, he could be a viable option next season. I think he's done well enough to warrant consideration, at least.
I'd rather we sign someone else then. I don't like Henderson's attitude and he's not nearly good enough for the club to tolerate it.

justsomebloke

I'd rather we sign someone else then. I don't like Henderson's attitude and he's not nearly good enough for the club to tolerate it.
Not saying he's the ideal choice, but we've quite a lot of other things to address with limited money. Having an option who's arguably good enough to be given the chance is valuable.

mctrials23

Unless Martial has some sort of experimental biscuits for bones transplant we need a new striker in January and we need to bin off Ronaldo. We would be in third place with 24 points if we could have kept Martial fit or if we had a quality striker.