Our entrance music...

lsd

The Oracle
It's the fanfare not the Rocky theme. Honestly have you never heard us come out to that? Was the music for years under fergie.

Iv heard it and it is super cringey mate. Its like a boxer coming out to eye of the tiger :nono:

Pav1878

Iv heard it and it is super cringey mate. Its like a boxer coming out to eye of the tiger :nono:
Well that's your opinion, but if you grew up with it and witnessed so many great nights with the players coming out to that, it certainly doesn't come across as cringey. Gets the fans and players up for a battle. Each to their own I guess.

Kamprad

I heard Mike Tysons entrance music was just one note. Now that’s intimidating. Don’t know if it suits Man United though.

lsd

The Oracle
Well that's your opinion, but if you grew up with it and witnessed so many great nights with the players coming out to that, it certainly doesn't come across as cringey. Gets the fans and players up for a battle. Each to their own I guess.

You have to look at the players though . Im sure most of them have never seen Rocky so its unlikely to motivate them to any great degree by coming out to it every game.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think nothing is worse than stuff like the rocky anthem or the Chicago Bulls intro. We're talking about clubs with thousands to millions of fans, a hundred years of history, hundreds of millions of revenue, you're trying to create/sell an original and authentic atmosphere and the best you can come up with is a song you share with about 500 other clubs, the first song that would come to a random 14 year old's mind. It's like playing Seven Nation Army after goals.
I prefer clubs who use some actual club anthem, however cheesy they usually are, at least they are actually authentic.

The Oracle

Yeah it wasn't Eye of the Tiger or anything, it was the fanfare. It was awesome.

I agree with this.

Fanfare For Rocky ringing out inside Old Trafford, as the players emerged from the tunnel, really was awesome!

Eli Zee

“I gotta make it (top 4) or make it(Europa League Champs), man these are the options”

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Apparently Neville asked for this is the one to be played in early 2000s but it wasn’t the walk out song until years later, perhaps LVGs first season. Personally i think it’s Alan Keegan the stadium announcer. He’s no idea about what the match day fan wants. He’s more what the day trippers want. There’s no build up anymore to the players coming out. That song is flat and in the ten minutes before there is nothing to get the crown going. The Rocky fanfare, when you were playing Liverpool or in Europe against Barca or Juve was just epic. It captured the mood and magnified it.

Whoever made that decision, no doubt the tool of a stadium announcer, needs shooting.

It’s not as bad as the time we played Liverpool in the europa league and he tried to do a countdown from 10 to 0 for the players coming in, in front of the Stretford end. He got met with bemusement then ‘what the fkn hell was that’

He never tried it again. Tool.

spottieottiedopaliscious

When I was younger I would always blast The Stooges “I Wanna Be Your Dog” before my basketball games. Always got me going.

I prefer the rocky theme it always sounded regal and exciting.

Siorac

I had no idea people actually liked the Rocky fanfare. I always found it cheesy. As if it weren't an actual sporting event but a Hollywood depiction of one.

treble_winner

Why not "Let it go"? Would fulfill Woodward's dream of the "Adult Disneyland".

But for my taste, I prefer "Sun and stars" of Really Slow Motion. You guys can search for it on Youtube. :D

Web of Bissaka

I'm into even the minuscule things having strong good effects.

Surely we should consider the change of time, modernity and how the entrance music can affect majority of our players.

Does the rocky song or whatever being used right now have any good motivating effects to most of 'em? Doubt it but who knows.

Two things to consider
  • Effects on players/team morale
  • Reflect our club's ideas

stevoc

Loved the Rocky fanfare back in the day as i used to go pretty regularly, but i don't see it coming back.

This is the one is a good song but it really is as flat as a pancake for an entrance song.

We need something new.

Rafaeldagold

This is the one is good but if they want to change it dance music would be good to up the crowd. My local team Torquay United plays Robert Miles- Children which is great

Parma Dewol

Must admit, I do miss the Rocky fanfare. While I like the Stone Roses track, it doesn't generate the same buzz in the stadium, if anything it makes it feel more like we're at a picnic in the park.

Didn't the club survey fans about this a few years ago? I seem to remember filling out a questionnaire that asked about entrance music, as well as half time and full time music too. Not sure what the results of that were?

Anyhow, I often hear film music and think 'wow, that would be awesome as the players emerge from the tunnel.' Especially some of the Hans Zimmer scores:

'Why Do We Fall' is just poetic after the recent barren years.

'Imagine The Fire' is so menacing from 2:42 or 4:00. Properly devilish.

'Mombasa' blasting out at a packed OT would be something else.

Then again, we are United, why use an existing track? Ed should get Mr Zimmer to compose a United theme tune. :devil:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Interesting!

You are right about thr fanfare and I remember it fondly from European nights especially.

I love The Roses. Genuinely their music always smashes it for me...

I love This Is The One, but as intros go nothing quite does it for me like Love Spreads. That guitar at the beginning is filthy, and when it gets going with the bass and drums it's fecking epic.

Showing some eclectic taste....or age :lol: something about O Fortuna makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up...but a little much for Burnley at home...

Last edited:

Can7onA

You can't mess with this is the one.

If it doesn't get you ready then fecking Rocky won't either. Planks.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Must admit, I do miss the Rocky fanfare. While I like the Stone Roses track, it doesn't generate the same buzz in the stadium, if anything it makes it feel more like we're at a picnic in the park.

Didn't the club survey fans about this a few years ago? I seem to remember filling out a questionnaire that asked about entrance music, as well as half time and full time music too. Not sure what the results of that were?

Anyhow, I often hear film music and think 'wow, that would be awesome as the players emerge from the tunnel.' Especially some of the Hans Zimmer scores:

'Why Do We Fall' is just poetic after the recent barren years.

'Imagine The Fire' is so menacing from 2:42 or 4:00. Properly devilish.

'Mombasa' blasting out at a packed OT would be something else.

Then again, we are United, why use an existing track? Ed should get Mr Zimmer to compose a United theme tune. :devil:
Couldn't agree more. There's a team, maybe spurs?, that comes out to Duel of the Fates that I'm always envious of when i hear it. Then i remember it's spurs and move on.

It's great the club uses the Stones but it doesn't get the adrenaline pumping. They should use that as the penultimate track and then play something more epic as the teams come out.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
United used to come out to the Rocky theme song??? yeesh, that's cheesy. Thank goodness they changed that.
It wasn’t cheesy at all, it was awesome! It used to get every single fan pumped up. The Stone Roses song is a terrible choice.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
This is the one is boring, watching some YouTube videos nobody even pays attention with this is the one, however, the Rocky Fanfare cut through the crowd and made everyone pay attention.

If we want to go in a different direction we want a chorus the crows can get behind. Not sure what song though.

however, if we want something Iconic booming around the stadium how about this,

And it would be good to hear this around OT again !

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You have to look at the players though . Im sure most of them have never seen Rocky so its unlikely to motivate them to any great degree by coming out to it every game.
:lol: It’s nothing to do with watching rocky or knowing the film and how he comes back and beats the harder fighters haha.

it’s just the music itself and it’s intimidating, lifting feeling.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think nothing is worse than stuff like the rocky anthem or the Chicago Bulls intro. We're talking about clubs with thousands to millions of fans, a hundred years of history, hundreds of millions of revenue, you're trying to create/sell an original and authentic atmosphere and the best you can come up with is a song you share with about 500 other clubs, the first song that would come to a random 14 year old's mind. It's like playing Seven Nation Army after goals.
I prefer clubs who use some actual club anthem, however cheesy they usually are, at least they are actually authentic.
You do know it wasn’t eye of the tiger?

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
I just threw this together, Original video not mine, so credit to whoever took it, I added the music to it to get a feeling of how it would sound.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I liked the Rocky music. I don't like this is the one too much but it's Manchester init.

The Rocky entrance would be so cringey. May as well go out to Barbie Girl or Crazy frog
When did you start following us? We came out to a Rocky instrumental for years.

The Rocky fanfare was fantastic. It made it sound like you were walking out into a fight at the Colosseum or something.
Absolutely. I don't know when a lot of these posters started following the club because anyone saying it would be "cringey" clearly never saw it. Wasn't that long ago either.