Our fitness regime and injuries

Fletchageddon

If you are comparing our injury records to others you need to consider that some teams aren't playing fairly. Some teams are 'preparing' (to use cycling parlance) a little more thoroughly and illegally than we I'd guess we are. That's why the famous Arsene's Arsenal Injury record (he was outspokenly anti doping) is very unfair. As he probably had a normal amount of injuries where as other teams were using nefarious means shall we say.

If anyone has trained for anything seriously, on this forum, you will know when you increase intensity, you increase fatigue and it takes a long time to transition. However the benefits are great.

We have been very, very fit this year. Can no one remember from March onwards last year? We were out on our feet after 60 minutes.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The way the players celebrate after scoring a goal always scares me. The potential damage to the ligaments... like McT's goal celebration yesterday.

Didn't Ole say once that he felt something ping after scoring the 99 winning goal after celebrating in a similar fashion?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The way the players celebrate after scoring a goal always scares me. The potential damage to the ligaments... like McT's goal celebration yesterday.

Didn't Ole say once that he felt something ping after scoring the 99 winning goal after celebrating in a similar fashion?
Yeah, he fecked up his knee in that celebration, which ironically enough was the beginning of the end for his career.

Did not Chelsea have a brilliant fitness record when Eva was there? We should bring in her and her team :)

E-mal

Yeah, he fecked up his knee in that celebration, which ironically enough was the beginning of the end for his career.

Did not Chelsea have a brilliant fitness record when Eva was there? We should bring in her and her team :)
What are your intentions mate?

thepolice123

Our fitness levels has definitely improved. Just look at Mata yesterday. He played like he's more juiced up than Lance Armstrong.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Not good enough Ole.! He should ban this sort of celebration. Simple handshakes will do.

SteveW

Injuries have hurt us for years. Not many seem to have noted that under Ole we've only signed players a with pretty much spotless injuries records. Bruno has missed about 2 games in his career. James, AWB, Maguire very similar.

This attention to detail is the type of thing that matters over time.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
We lack squad depth hence the injuries;most of them. I also think Ole expects more physically than LVG or Mou did. Our distance covered has increased over last year (do correct me if I am wrong here). All this will culminate in more injuries.

Classical Mechanic

Injuries have hurt us for years. Not many seem to have noted that under Ole we've only signed players a with pretty much spotless injuries records. Bruno has missed about 2 games in his career. James, AWB, Maguire very similar.

This attention to detail is the type of thing that matters over time.
This is an important point. Touch wood but Maguire has played in every PL game this season, James is on course for 37/38 and AWB is on course for 35/38 games this season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If you are comparing our injury records to others you need to consider that some teams aren't playing fairly. Some teams are 'preparing' (to use cycling parlance) a little more thoroughly and illegally than we I'd guess we are. That's why the famous Arsene's Arsenal Injury record (he was outspokenly anti doping) is very unfair. As he probably had a normal amount of injuries where as other teams were using nefarious means shall we say.

If anyone has trained for anything seriously, on this forum, you will know when you increase intensity, you increase fatigue and it takes a long time to transition. However the benefits are great.

We have been very, very fit this year. Can no one remember from March onwards last year? We were out on our feet after 60 minutes.
Or maybe they had better doctors... If we go down that route, every club is possibly juicing. Not just the ones with better fitness records

TRUERED89

He won 4 more PL's after 99 though (last one very low apps), 00, 01,03. It's after around 2003 where he was done with 06-07 being his last PL.

Gasolin

Or maybe they had better doctors... If we go down that route, every club is possibly juicing. Not just the ones with better fitness records
I wouldn't be surprised to a hear a huge scandal for some of the top records clubs. It is hard to believe a human body can sustain that much games throughout the season and be fine, but that's just my opinion.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I wouldn't be surprised to a hear a huge scandal for some of the top records clubs. It is hard to believe a human body can sustain that much games throughout the season and be fine, but that's just my opinion.
I hav no doubt there is doping in football. I mean with the sums of money involved, the high level of competition, it makes sense. Some lesser sports in terms of money generated have had doping in them.

Fletchageddon

Of course there is doping in football. The reason you hear about Rugby and Cycling having doping convictions is because their governing bodies are actually looking for the cheats.

It is bad for business so do you think anyone in football will look for it? Honestly?

Djemba-Djemba

Injuries have really really hurt us this season, we've almost never had the chance to put out our best 11.

If we had everyone fit it's a first team that I think makes the top 4 fairly comfortably, Fred mctominay Bruno rashford and Martial all playing together would be exciting.

Mark Pawelek

Are we just shit at conducting our trainings or we always happen to have players with glass legs?

It seems that the science behind individually tailored trainings that minimize potential of injuries has really progressed in the later years, and we've been left behind.

How is it so that a club like Liverpool that plays high intensity football almost never has more than one important player injured at a time , while our lot, on the other hand, is hit with several big injury crises every season?
Luck, voodoo? I don't know. Shouldn't you be telling me that? If there's a whole new science to "minimize potential of injuries" which "has really progressed in the later years" then why not link to articles about it - to prove it exists in reality - rather than just in your imagination?

Not one single critic of our fitness regime and medics posts actual evidence to back them up.
  • What is this "new science"?
  • What is it called?
  • What are the names of people doing it?
  • Where are the articles about it?
I'm tired of rants which, seem to me, just an excuse to slay off our coaches and medics.

KennyBurner

Why dont we copy the scouse and start using PEDs that haven't been banned? How are their players always in top condition? Bruno today was tired even though he has high stamina but Robertson could play 3 games a week and still run down his flank like a crackhead. Their players have to be on something. Im guessing its a drug that hasn't been officially banned yet.

RedStarUnited

Why dont we copy the scouse and start using PEDs that haven't been banned? How are their players always in top condition? Bruno today was tired even though he has high stamina but Robertson could play 3 games a week and still run down his flank like a crackhead. Their players have to be on something. Im guessing its a drug that hasn't been officially banned yet.
Training and conditioning. Even Dortmund played at that same tempo Liverpool do.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I dunno, Liverpool looked equally sluggish vs. Everton.

SoCross

Think there’s a marked improvement. So’ton were struggling while we looked a fresher team.

Next 15 days will really test the squad but it’s clear that a lot of good work has been done in this regard on the training ground.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think there’s a marked improvement. So’ton were struggling while we looked a fresher team.

Next 15 days will really test the squad but it’s clear that a lot of good work has been done in this regard on the training ground.
Our fitness late in games is very good, I think we're among the highest scorers for 75th-90th minute goals, or at least that was the statistic Sky put up. We're still picking up injuries, we've just got such a quality squad that we're coping a lot better with them now.

SoCross

Our fitness late in games is very good, I think we're among the highest scorers for 75th-90th minute goals, or at least that was the statistic Sky put up. We're still picking up injuries, we've just got such a quality squad that we're coping a lot better with them now.
Do you have that stat?

Injuries are inevitable but fitness in terms of endurance is definitely the best it has been since Fergie I feel.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

I'd agree with this, cause to be cautiously optimistic. Bar the usual suspects, we don't seem to be getting the usual bombardment of injuries. There's still time, of course.

SoCross

I'd agree with this, cause to be cautiously optimistic. Bar the usual suspects, we don't seem to be getting the usual bombardment of injuries. There's still time, of course.
Aw man, you jinxed it. I was just talking about fitness levels:(

mancave bear

Yes, our fittness is excelent. And Ole have been good at rotating this season. Hope he keeps on rotating, so we can have fit players all season.

Ludens the Red

Bump.

It’s now at its peak and it’s one thing as an admitted previous doubter I’m delighted to see. Our fitness levels are the best they’ve been in years and this can almost completely be put down to work on the training ground because it’s pretty much the same players.
Reflected in our ability to win games late so often. Players comfortably playing twice a week and showing little fatigue. Barely any serious injuries, expect Rashford who seems to limp off in every game he plays.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
ffs that’s the jinx of all jinx we could have done without this season.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Bump.

It’s now at its peak and it’s one thing as an admitted previous doubter I’m delighted to see. Our fitness levels are the best they’ve been in years and this can almost completely be put down to work on the training ground because it’s pretty much the same players.
Reflected in our ability to win games late so often. Players comfortably playing twice a week and showing little fatigue. Barely any serious injuries, expect Rashford who seems to limp off in every game he plays.
Rashford looks as though he's been playing through injury ever since he did his back last year. No chance of him getting an extended break anytime soon with the euros and WC in consecutive years either. It'll be summer 23 before he has a summer off.

ReddBalls

The doubters laughed when Ole focused on fitness at the start of his reign, as they laughed off the cultural reboot. It almost seems like he knows what he is doing.