Our fixtures until the end of November

Robbie Boy

Ok, so as everyone knows, we have a pretty tough run of fixtures right up until the end of November, as set out below. I'm interested to see how people genuinely think we will fare. Try be objective about it!

Atalanta H
Liverpool H
Spurs A
Atalanta A
City H
Watford A
Villarreal A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

I'm going for the following:

Wins: Atalanta (H), Spurs (A), Watford (A)
Draws: City (H), Arsenal (H), Villarreal (A)
Loses: Liverpool (H), Atalanta (A), Chelsea (A)

This is kind of a best case scenario, based on our current form. However, I'm basing these predictions on the fact that we surely can't get any worse than yesterday. Tbh, I feel we may somehow get a draw next week against Liverpool, but I'll stick with the defeat, as it's more likely.

For clarity on my Ole stance: I feel he's taken us as far as he can, and we need to start sounding out a potential successor. I hope the Board are actively working on this. I don't want them to rashly sack him with zero plan in place. This will likely lead to another rash appointment. I think the absolute earliest he goes is December. Jose got until December 16, despite being in sabotage mode.

Last edited:

Nero

We'll do a lot better than any doom predictions. It always works out that way.

Atalanta H WIN
Liverpool H LOSS
Spurs A DRAW
Atalanta A LOSS
City H LOSS
Watford A WIN
Villarreal A DRAW
Chelsea A LOSS
Arsenal H DRAW

2 Ws, 3 Ds and 4 Ls.

soapythecat

We’re up against it and the knives are out for Ole. He will try and revert back to completely nullifying the opposition and ground out a lot of 0-0 draws. The results will undoubtedly gloss over how poor we play in the games (like much of last season) and his stay will be prolonged.
The only points I see from the above fixture is wins against Watford and Arsenal. I think we draw against City, Villarreal and Spurs. We lose the rest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There was me thinking the run was silly enough up to Chelsea away, then hadn't seen Arsenal the game after.
Yes we banter about them, but we always seem to play them when not in a good place ourselves, and them over their terrible patch.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think you might find more happiness packing United in mate :lol:
I'm just at the end of my tether bud. 8 years of mostly shite. The highlight was probably the FA cup win under LVG to be honest, which is hardly anything to get that excited about.

I've defended Ole for the best part of 3 years, but even I've had enough now. Proper fed up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm just at the end of my tether bud. 8 years of mostly shite. The highlight was probably the FA cup win under LVG to be honest, which is hardly anything to get that excited about.

I've defended Ole for the best part of 3 years, but even I've had enough now. Proper fed up.

This season is about enjoying Ronaldo, enjoying a few smashfests against crap teams, and hoping we scrape into the top 4, for when the next manager comes in.

Todd

Atalanta home - win
Liverpool home - loss
Spurs away - loss
Atalanta away - draw
City home - loss
Watford away - draw
Villarreal away - draw
Chelsea away - loss
Arsenal - win

Ole will be gone by the end of November

Joseunited

Atalanta home - win
Liverpool home - loss
Spurs away - loss
Atalanta away - draw
City home - loss
Watford away - draw
Villarreal away - draw
Chelsea away - loss
Arsenal - win

Ole will be gone by the end of November
As will our season.

Robbie Boy

I honestly see 8/18 points being the best we get over the next 6 league games. That would have us way off the pace after only 14 games.

K Stand Knut

This thread might need to be changed dependent on the manager if it changes.

Lose the next 2 and I would suggest someone else will be given the chance to work their way through the fixtures

Giggsy13

Ok, so as everyone knows, we have a pretty tough run of fixtures right up until the end of November, as set out below. I'm interested to see how people genuinely think we will fare. Try be objective about it!

Atalanta H
Liverpool H
Spurs A
Atalanta A
City H
Watford A
Villarreal A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

I'm going for the following:

Wins: Atalanta (H), Spurs (A), Watford (A)
Draws: City (H), Arsenal (H), Villarreal (A)
Loses: Liverpool (H), Atalanta (A), Chelsea (A)

This is kind of a best case scenario based on our current form. However, I'm basing these predictions on the fact that we surely can't get any worse than yesterday. Tbh, I feel we may somehow get a draw next week against Liverpool, but I'll stick with the defeat, as it's more likely.

For clarity on my Ole stance: I feel he's taken us as far as we can, and we need to start sounding out a potential successor. I hope the Board are actively working on this. I don't want them to rashly sack him with zero plan in place. This will likely lead to another rash appointment. I think the absolute earliest he goes is December. Jose got until December 16, despite being in sabotage mode.
This is pretty fair and reasonable. I actually think it could be worse than that with us potentially losing to Villareal who battered us at home.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Beat city and Liverpool and we’re top of the league

choccy77

United can't afford to not win the next 5 straight tbh

Otherwise CL over & struggle for top 6

BlueHaze

I'm going to be completely honest. I don't think we'll win a single game on that list. Maybe Atalanta at home or Watford away but I wouldn't bet on it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I feel similar to my outlook after Arsenal at home last year. Then we grabbed a draw v Liverpool and ended up top in February.

So I've given up predicting, let's ride it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I feel similar to my outlook after Arsenal at home last year. Then we grabbed a draw v Liverpool and ended up top in February.

So I've given up predicting, let's ride it.
I've just looked this up and appear to have made up that 1-1 draw with Liverpool. I'm getting old.

hobbers

Atalanta H Win ugly
Liverpool H Lose (probably not a rout but we'll be lucky to get 1 shot on target)
Spurs A High scoring tie or defeat, similar to Leicester game
Atalanta A No idea, scrape a tie
City H Lose
Watford A Play awful but last minute winner
Villarreal A Lose
Chelsea A Lose
Arsenal H Lose

Robbie Boy

Atalanta H Win ugly
Liverpool H Lose (probably not a rout but we'll be lucky to get 1 shot on target)
Spurs A High scoring tie or defeat, similar to Leicester game
Atalanta A No idea, scrape a tie
City H Lose
Watford A Play awful but last minute winner
Villarreal A Lose
Chelsea A Lose
Arsenal H Lose
Well if it gets this bad, he won't see December.

Skills

Snitch
Atalanta H - Draw
Liverpool H - Loss
Spurs A - Draw
Atalanta A - Draw
City H - Loss
Watford A - Win
Villarreal A - Loss
Chelsea A - Loss
Arsenal H - Loss

Dong Fangzhuo

Atalanta H Draw
Liverpool H Loss
Spurs A Loss
Atalanta A Loss
City H Loss
Watford A Win
Villarreal A Loss
Chelsea A Loss
Arsenal H Draw

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Atalanta H - Win
Liverpool H - Scoreless draw
Spurs A - Draw
Atalanta A - Loss
City H - Loss
Watford A - Win
Villarreal A - Loss
Chelsea A - Loss
Arsenal H - First win of a new/interim manager

Robbie Boy

So, as-per, I was correct with the Atalanta and Liverpool predictions. I had us down to beat Spurs next week, but I'm doubtful now. What a 2 months ahead...

izec

Except for Watford, i dont see us winning many games. We may win one with luck in the CL away or Spurs/Arsenal, but i think draws are more likely, seeing our current state

croadyman

Only way we don't get a beating from City is IF the cowardly board show some guts in the next two weeks

Skills

Snitch
It'll be double figures vs City if he's still in charge. They'll score 10 or 11.

Liverpool could've put 9 past us today, but they just gave up after the sending off

croadyman

It'll be double figures vs City if he's still in charge. They'll score 10 or 11.

Liverpool could've put 9 past us today, but they just gave up after the sending off
Yeah believe me only concerns about further injuries stopped them becoming the first team to beat us 6-0 in the Premier League

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Atalanta - Win.
Liverpool - Loss.
Spurs - Win.
Atalanta - Loss.
City - Loss
Watford - Draw
Villarreal - Loss.
Chelsea - Loss.
Arsenal - Win.
You’re the only one correct so far with each prediction.