Our form

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ole's record since permanent manager

1.71 points per game since December
1.16 points per game since becoming permanent manager.
1.3 points per game this season .

Previous Man United managers:

Jose 1.97 per game.
LVG 1.81 per game.
Moyes 1.73 per game .

Last year epl data.( bottom to 10th place):

Huddersfield 0.42 points per game.
Fulham 0.68 points per game .
Cardiff 0.89 points per game.
Brighton 0.94 points per game.
Southampton 1.02
Burnley 1.05
Bournemouth 1.18
Newcastle 1.18
Crystal Palace 1.28
Watford 1.31
Westham 1.36

Next 5 matches

Arsenal (H)
Newcastle (A)
Liverpool(H)
Norwich (A)
Bournemouth(A)

Norwich and Bournemouth looks winnable on paper but with our form, I am not really looking forward to any of those matches to be honest. We could be in deep shit in a month .

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Newcastle to me looks like the only winnable game there imo. Anything could happen against Arsenal, we might be able to get a draw against Liverpool maybe, Norwich looks a certain loss and Bournemouth is probably dependant on what kind of form we're in when we go there

tomaldinho1

Not to be a negative Nelly but those fixtures will trouble us. Newcastle away, Norwich away and Bournemouth away will all be tough because we don't carry enough of a goal threat.

Hopefully with Martial + Pogba to come back in we'll have enough quality to get through those next five without to much negativity but I'd be surprised if there's not at least a couple of losses in the next 5 fixtures.

Crashoutcassius

Interesting thread with some new ideas. I'm sure this will lead to interesting discussion and not at all similar the every other thread on front page.

Enigma_87

You know who
Arsenal home would probably suit us best, as crazy at it can sound. Newcastle will pull back they did it against fecking Brighton so most probably they will surrender possession. We will find it pretty hard to break them down.

6 points from those 5 fixtures would probably be good outcome given how we play. The bar has sunk that low..

bond19821982

Arsenal home would probably suit us best, as crazy at it can sound. Newcastle will pull back they did it against fecking Brighton so most probably they will surrender possession. We will find it pretty hard to break them down.

6 points from those 5 fixtures would probably be good outcome given how we play. The bar has sunk that low..
That will be 13 points from 11 matches - 1.18 points per match. That's relegation form tbh

bond19821982

Newcastle to me looks like the only winnable game there imo. Anything could happen against Arsenal, we might be able to get a draw against Liverpool maybe, Norwich looks a certain loss and Bournemouth is probably dependant on what kind of form we're in when we go there
Agree, with Newcastle they always go one level up when they play us though.

Eric7C

Ole's record since permanent manager

1.75 points per game since December
1.12 points per game since becoming permanent manager.
1.33 points per game this season (too small of a sample to draw a conclusion)

Previous Man United managers:

Jose 1.97 per game.
LVG 1.81 per game.
Moyes 1.73 per game .

Last year epl data.( bottom to 10th place):

Huddersfield 0.42 points per game.
Fulham 0.68 points per game .
Cardiff 0.89 points per game.
Brighton 0.94 points per game.
Southampton 1.02
Burnley 1.05
Bournemouth 1.18
Newcastle 1.18
Crystal Palace 1.28
Watford 1.31
Westham 1.36

Next 5 matches

Arsenal (H)
Newcastle (A)
Liverpool(H)
Norwich (A)
Bournemouth(A)

Norwich and Bournemouth looks winnable on paper but with our form, I am not really looking forward to any of those matches to be honest. We could be in deep shit in a month .
Great post.

So United's points per game since Ole became permanent is lower than that of Bournemouth, Newcastle, Palace, Watford and West Ham last season. Finishing in the top half could be a struggle this season.

bond19821982

I know this was a efl cup. But I think we will be in a relegation fight if things go like this.

Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool :lol:

Irwin99

I know this was a efl cup. But I think we will be in a relegation fight if things go like this.

Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool :lol:
You never know, this could be 2002-2003 all over again. "Three games to finish Fergie"....won 'em all :drool:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That will be 13 points from 11 matches - 1.18 points per match. That's relegation form tbh
39 points from 33 so bit better than relegation form. Pretty much on course for 50 points over the season with that average which is barely top half.

Think Man. United will get 7 points from those five games.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Agree, with Newcastle they always go one level up when they play us though.
Not under Steve Bruce. Pretty sure he's never beaten Man. United in 20 years as a manager. Good ten seasons of that has been in premier league aswell. Of course if he's still Newcastle manager by that game.

bond19821982

39 points from 33 so bit better than relegation form. Pretty much on course for 50 points over the season with that average which is barely top half.

Think Man. United will get 7 points from those five games.
1.18 would match last years Newcastle and Bournemouth. Newcastle was pretty much in relegation fight last year ?

Yeah, in grand scheme of things, yes bottom table.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
1.18 would match last years Newcastle and Bournemouth. Newcastle was pretty much in relegation fight last year ?

Yeah, in grand scheme of things, yes bottom table.
Newcastle had nice end of season run so were really comfortable in the end. Brighton could've stayed up on 34 points at the end.

Actually what is lowest Man. United points total since it went to 38 games, I think you could be breaking that this season. Moyes got up to I think 62 points before he was sacked with 3-4 games left.

Edit: Moyes was sacked with 57 points from 34 games so that's the very low bar OGS will probably struggle to beat.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Arsenal is more winnable than Newcastle. If Spurs couldn't score a goal against them, what chance do we have? Bruce is playing 5 at the back as well.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Arsenal is more winnable than Newcastle. If Spurs couldn't score a goal against them, what chance do we have? Bruce is playing 5 at the back as well.
football doesn't work like that. It is like saying everyone you think is better than us will score more goals against Chelsea than we did.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not under Steve Bruce. Pretty sure he's never beaten Man. United in 20 years as a manager. Good ten seasons of that has been in premier league aswell. Of course if he's still Newcastle manager by that game.
Every time stats like these get brought out we lose :nervous:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
two games in hand though
They still had to win them. The GD was also pretty close. I thought Man. City were miles infront hence Liverpool trying to run up a cricket score in the infamous Palace away game.

Also interesting Chelsea were only 5 points behind. I thought they were out of things given the team they put out at Anfield yet with that win they would've been only two points off Liverpool with two games left if that's how it worked out.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
football doesn't work like that. It is like saying everyone you think is better than us will score more goals against Chelsea than we did.
You didn't get the point. Newcastle set up their team very defensive. Spurs is one of the victim & they have better attacker than us.

Talking about how football works, but your post has zero sense. Chelsea is an offensive team with poor defense which suitable for our counter attack. So let's not comparing that if we can score against chelsea doesn't mean we can against a team with different style like Newcastle who parks the bus.

Summit

You didn't get the point. Newcastle set up their team very defensive. Spurs is one of the victim & they have better attacker than us.

Talking about how football works, yet your post has zero sense. Chelsea is an offensive team with poor defense which suitable for our counter attack. So let's not comparing that if we can score against chelsea doesn't mean we can against a team with different style like Newcastle who parks the bus.
Nah I got your point, just think it was pretty silly tbf. Just cause Spurs didn't score against them doesn't mean we have no chance

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Nah I got your point, just think it was pretty silly tbf. Just cause Spurs didn't score against them doesn't mean we have no chance
No you clearly didn't.

It's not silly. It's obvious. We have been struggling to score against team who park the bus and Spurs has much better attack than us. That's why I said our chance to win against Newcastle is slimmer than Arsenal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No you clearly didn't.

It's not silly. It's obvious. We have been struggling to score against team who park the bus and Spurs has much better attack than us. That's why I said our chance to win against Newcastle is slimmer than Arsenal.
If that's your logic how to Chelsea beat Norwich but City loose?

Football simply does not work how you're suggesting

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
1.4 points per game since he took over. It’s much much worse record than Moyes. Moyes would finish 12 points above Ole over the course of a season. LvG 16 points ahead. Jose would finish 22 points ahead of Ole. If that’s not regression then I don’t know what is.

Summit

No you clearly didn't.

If Spurs couldn't score a goal against them, what chance do we have?
That's what you said. Basically your logic is we have no chance to score against Newcastle because Spurs didn't score. It is silly.

Also using your logic, how many teams have a worse attack than Spurs that will not score against Newcastle now?

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If that's your logic how to Chelsea beat Norwich but City loose?

Football simply does not work how you're suggesting
Your suggestion calling Newcastle is winnable is simply show that football does not work like that.

I said Arsenal game is more winnable than Newcastle. Pretty obvious why because we have better chance scoring goal in counter attack against attacking team like Chelsea or Arsenal than against team who park the bus like Palace & Newcastle.

Chelsea is an offensive team with poor defense, and I don't need to repeat myself why we beat Chelsea but why we couldn't beat team like Palace or Southampton.

Lee565

I can only see a possible win against Newcastle.

Bournemouth and Norwich have managers that can get their team to outplay us with Ole in charge.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's what you said. Basically your logic is we have no chance to score against Newcastle because Spurs didn't score. It is silly.

Also using your logic, how many teams have a worse attack than Spurs that will not score against Newcastle now?
Only 1 sentence you quoted it? What about my logic saying that Arsenal's game is more winnable than Newcastle's game? I thought you said you get the point.

Summit

Only 1 sentence you quoted it? What about my logic saying that Arsenal's game is more winnable than Newcastle's game? You said you get the point and yet you don't get the point at all.
No I didn't agree with your logic on how we won't score. Looking back are you sticking with it? And all the other teams with a lessor attack than spurs not being able to muster a goal against Newcastle?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No I didn't agree with your logic on how we won't score. Looking back are you sticking with it? And all the other teams with a lessor attack than spurs not being able to muster a goal against Newcastle?
I never said we won't score. Show me where did I say we won't score?

I said Arsenal game is more winnable than Newcastle. I'm putting big question mark of our chance of scoring against them because they can be solid defensively with playing 5 at the back, which proved that Spurs couldn't score against them.

When I said Arsenal game is more winnable than Newcastle doesn't mean we won't win against Newcastle.

It's very ignorant not to read the whole context of the post & still pretending you get the point.

Summit

I never said we won't score. Show me where did I said we won't score?

I said Arsenal game is more winnable than Newcastle. I'm putting big question mark of our chance of scoring against them because they can be solid defensively with playing 5 at the back, which prove that Spurs couldn't score against them.

When I said Arsenal game is more winnable than Newcastle doesn't mean we won't win against Newcastle.

It's very ignorant not to read the whole context of the post & still pretending you get the point.
We'll leave it here pal, I'm tired. Agree to disagree yeah?