Our forwards are all square pegs in round holes?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Forgetting today's shit show and the fact the defence is awful - our lauded young promising front line has serious issues for me.

RW - Mason Greenwood. Gonna be a superstar but not on the RW. He is already showing signs of being marked out of games he needs to be central to be at his best. But only when he has the right players in the team to supply him from wide which he hasn't got right now.

LW - Marcus Rashford. He's not a left winger. He's an inside left if he's not playing central. Maybe if Telles comes tomorrow that will help but it just pushes him into Martial or even Greenwood's best position.

CF - Ant Martial. Fair play did well last year and there is a player in there, but only in a dominant team who support him.

We have three players who all want to play in the middle but unfortunately none of them are developed enough to do it with the other two outside them.

It's a clash of 3 youngsters with different skills but all wanting to play the same position and being partially efficient playing where they have to just to be in the team.

TLDR: it doesn't work even though we all want them to progress they cannot do it together as a three every game despite Ole picking them all the time now.

We could have loaned someone like Perisic which would have filled the LW properly but it wouldn't have been sanctioned because it would hurt Rashford's development in the eyes of the board.

Web of Bissaka

We have three players who all want to play in the middle but unfortunately none of them are developed enough to do it with the other two outside them.

It's a clash of 3 youngsters with different skills but all wanting to play the same position and being partially efficient playing where they have to just to be in the team.

TLDR: it doesn't work even though we all want them to progress they cannot do it together as a three every game despite Ole picking them all the time now.
Completely disagree.
All 3 can fit in and play well with each other. No doubts.

I think you should focus more on the current system they're playing which can explain the mess.

I'm hoping for a better system that lead to greater quality and frequency of services to these three. And seriously stop with the random mess movements they are given free license to do each time they interchange their positions.

Thing is, the idea is to make a free flowing football but the team don't have the self-good organization skills for that so fix that first - set up a good system and once it suits, then let them freely exchange. It won't lead to the mess that we're seeing now. We started this after few games since the post-lockdown once Greenwood replaced James out of the lineup. It's so much better before with Rashford more stuck on the left wing and occasionally switch with Martial and James/Mason focus more on attacking the right. It's less compact and have more width.

Now, all three are instructed to get more centrally and switch positions with each other creating a huge mess and destroying our width since our FBs are poor in attacking. I get why, it's so Rash and Greenwood can have more chances in scoring, but this creating less spaces for Martial and Bruno too since everyone is playing centrally and definitely destroying our width. Now and then yeah it works, but then in comparison, it's less compare to before and definitely a lot easier for opposing team to defend us - just pack the numbers in centre.

We're trying to play a system of complex tactics with shit basis/foundations.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Completely disagree.
All 3 can fit in and play well with each other. No doubts.

I think you should focus more on the current system they're playing which can explain the mess.

I'm hoping for a better system that lead to greater quality and frequency of services to these three. And seriously stop with the random mess movements they are given free license to do each time they interchange their positions.

Thing is, the idea is to make a free flowing football but the team don't have the self-good organization skills for that so fix that first - set up a good system and once it suits, then let them freely exchange. It won't lead to the mess that we're seeing now. We started this after few games since the post-lockdown once Greenwood replaced James out of the lineup. It's so much better before with Rashford more stuck on the left wing and occasionally switch with Martial and James/Mason focus more on attacking the right. It's less compact and have more width.

Now, all three are instructed to get more centrally and switch positions with each other creating a huge mess and destroying our width since our FBs are poor in attacking. I get why, it's so Rash and Greenwood can have more chances in scoring, but this creating less spaces for Martial and Bruno too since everyone is playing centrally and definitely destroying our width. Now and then yeah it works, but then in comparison, it's less compare to before and definitely a lot easier for opposing team to defend us - just pack the numbers in centre.

We're trying to play a system of complex tactics with shit basis/foundations.
The system they are playing and the positions is exactly what I am querying.