Our Greatest Era?

Denis' cuff

Don't forget the great team just after WW2...1946-1951

That forward line was the best of the day...Delaney, Morris, Rowley, Pearson, Mitten

My old fellas favourite team. Probably because he was a young bloke at that age when we most identify with the team. Also born and bred around Salford/Ordsall, 10/15 mins walk from the ground. That really was some forward line. His favourite player was Charlie Mitten, who was not just a character but also a brilliant player. Johnny Carey keeping it together behind them. That 48 cup final must have been a thriller against glamour side Blackpool with Matthews, Mortensen etc. Have been regaled of tales of Stan (he knew Stan), Rowley and wry remarks @bout Delaney... but Mitten was king.

Glad you brought that one up, pal. Very underrated period before the babes era.

Always enjoy your posts.

Last edited:

PeteManic

Bit sad to realise that the best United era I'll know in my lifetime has already passed. In the history of United the Fergie era will not be bettered.

Denis' cuff

Bit sad to realise that the best United era I'll know in my lifetime has already passed. In the history of United the Fergie era will not be bettered.

Never been bettered. Certainly in terms of success and longevity. Hope you witnessed some of it. In historical terms, not many did. We were lucky.

Thisistheone

I probably agree with those who said 2008 was a better side but 1999 will forever be my favourite. Too crazy a season to believe. I watch the treble dvd back every now and then. Hollywood script.