arsenal
leicester city 4 - 2 man united
man united 0 - 5 liverpool
watford 4 - 1 man united
man city 4 - 1 man united
liverpool 4 - 0 man united
brighton 4 -0 man united

to name but a few.

a season of lows. a season of hitting rock bottom and then somehow sinking lower. a season of throwing up all over the back of a taxi, only to then shit ourselves as we passed out to the sounds of our driver giving us an angry one star rating. the first season for a long while where any glimmer of hope was immediately snuffed out and the pocket of flesh where it sat was immediately filled with dog shit. a season where love went to die. a season where players fell from their pedestals and titans of our past were led out to pasture. a season where every fan at one stage or another felt it easier to burn it all down and start again. a season of despair.

the whatsapp messages, the taunts, the gloating. the liverpool fans giddier than ever, the city fans oilier than ever. the fact that most teams have done us over in at least one fixture this year. a year of never ending pain and misery. a year to forget.

but there are shoots of green. hold on, for there is hope. for this weekend, the first weekend in a long time, i was able to hold my head up high. there was no disappointment, there was no embarrassment. we could finally be proud, safe in the knowledge that we did not lose. that we did not capitulate. we didn’t do an everton. we didn’t mount ourselves in front of our nearest and dearest.

a weekend where we weren’t reliant on referees failing to send one of our players off again to get a result. a weekend where var couldn’t be blamed for our winning or our losing. a weekend where there was no wrong decision made by an incompetent manager, out of their depth. a weekend of bliss.

for yes, friends, with no fixture over the weekend, today, we can hold our heads up high. we can look forward to many of those in a row once the thorny issue of our abject shitness is laid bare for one final time next sunday. and maybe, just maybe, by august this year we will decide we don’t need any of this any more. maybe, just maybe, a weekend without a fixture was the tonic we all needed. vale man united, vale.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I for one thought we should great character against Norwich.

Going from 2-0 up to 2-2 against a really strong side, we cold have wilted.

Instead we stepped up and got the win. That is the start of becoming our very own mentality monsters.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
This is what being a United fan is all about.
defintiely. it’s hard to boil down decades as a united fan into 3 highlights but i’d go with, in this order:

1999 - treble

2021/2022 pl game week 37 - no united fixture

2008 - moscow

Chairman Steve

Just remember ten years ago, Liverpool were finishing 8th on fecking goal difference ahead of Fulham and were getting beaten at home by Fulham, Wigan and WBA. Football goes in cycles.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Just remember ten years ago, Liverpool were finishing 8th on fecking goal difference ahead of Fulham and were getting beaten at home by Fulham, Wigan and WBA. Football goes in cycles.
i’d like to think that but we simply don’t have the correct governance structure in place to dream up something like all our players having asthma.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal

Instead we stepped up and got the win. That is the start of becoming our very own mentality monsters.
you could really see what that result meant to us. without that galvanising us, we could have easily shipped 5 or 6 against pool the week after.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
defintiely. it’s hard to boil down decades as a united fan into 3 highlights but i’d go with, in this order:

1999 - treble

2008 - moscow
These are all good shouts, no doubt, but I feel it would be criminal to ignore the time we got 3 successive throw-ins in the opposition half (I think it was against West Ham) should be considered for top three status.

It was a true get the feck in moment, a rarity for this miserable season.

Zen86

Getting hammered on a weekly basis has really brought us all together as fans. I love you guys <3

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
These are all good shouts, no doubt, but I feel it would be criminal to ignore the time we got 3 successive throw-ins in the opposition half (I think it was against West Ham) should be considered for top three status.

It was a true get the feck in moment, a rarity for this miserable season.
you’re right. that should knock moscow off the list. i mean celebrating a trophy that we had to win on penalties. how very scouse of me.

Remember the geese

A game against Norwich in 2016 was where the original mentality monsters were born.

devips

We reached our pinnacle with this no fixtures week.

Can we ever hope to scale such heights again?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I was seriously considering ending it all after this season….but reading the comments on here has given me a renewed sense of optimism, so I signed up to a further 2 years on my Sky subscription. Seriously I was this close to ending it. This close.

Counterfactual

Lads, in February we scored from a corner kick on our 140th try! Let that sink in for a moment. I'm sure it beats cups and league titles!

What more do you lot want? Beanz?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Does your shift button work?
yeah it works really well. my caps lock button is stuck down so i have to press shift the whole time i type.

We reached our pinnacle with this no fixtures week.

Can we ever hope to scale such heights again?
not this weekend, but the weekend after we will be led to the promised land once more.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Lads, in February we scored from a corner kick on our 140th try! Let that sink in for a moment. I'm sure it beats cups and league titles!

What more do you lot want? Beanz?
it’s true, even the kit man gets to lift the trophy during the presentation. he doesn’t get to thunder a header in from a corner though.

space

Perfect!

1999 - treble

2008 - moscow

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Without a game last weekend, this must be one of our longest unbeaten runs for some time... :devil:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Without a game last weekend, this must be one of our longest unbeaten runs for some time... :devil:
indeed. and if you count any score other than a 6-0 loss as either a draw or a win our unbeaten run stretches back even further .

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
We scored twice against Leicester, great performance.
there are plenty instances of leicester winning without the opposition even scoring one goal, let alone two. it really was a special performance. if you’re prepared to dig deep then the results are obvious.

Maticmaker

You know its rock bottom when family members (there are some) who are City fans, who cant be bothered to gloat... oh the shame!!!

OverratedOpinion

there are plenty instances of leicester winning without the opposition even scoring one goal, let alone two. it really was a special performance. if you’re prepared to dig deep then the results are obvious.
They also scored 5 against Watford last week, Watford are Premier League side which means we are factually as good as Premier League sides. When you consider how many football teams are not in the Premier League the difference between 1st and 6th is basically nothing.

We basically won the Premier League this year.

Edit: And that is in a year where some may even say we have not been at our absolute best!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
another day, another avoidance of abject failure. lend a thought for our arsenal brethren, forced to suffer through the humiliation of being beaten by baby oil. how giddy they were at a top four finish. how crushing that result must have been. if we never try, we can never get hurt. i can’t wait for tonight’s round of fixtures, another day to add to our long unbeaten run.