Our Next 5 Games

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not getting any easier. 5 games in 15 days.

CL: Man United vs PSG (02/12/2020)
PL: West Ham vs Man United (05/12/2020)
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United (08/12/2020)
PL: Man United vs Man City (12/12/2020)
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United (17/12/2020)

rotherham_red

If we can get 7 from 9 in the PL games I'll be delighted. If we can get 2+ points from the last two CL games in addition then I'll be ecstatic.

Think 6/15 would be a decent return, 7 would be great and 9 is borderline perfect.

Jaap

CL: Man United vs PSG 1-2
PL: West Ham vs Man United 1-2
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United 1-0
PL: Man United vs Man City 1-1
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United 0-2

Gasolin

CL: Man United vs PSG 1-2
PL: West Ham vs Man United 1-2
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United 1-0
You think we will lose both of our CL games? :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Oh a BVB fan. What did I expect? Of course, it would be nonsense then.

PoTMS

A win against PSG means we effectively top the group and can field our kids against Leipzig. We must play to win, I don't want a borefest draw which ends up costing us later on down the line.

Gasolin

A win against PSG means we effectively top the group and can field our kids against Leipzig. We must play to win, I don't want a borefest draw which ends up costing us later on down the line.
It's a Wed game after a difficult Sun game that required a come back win. So only 2 full days, and the majority of the 3rd day, however, it's at OT.
It will all depend on the quality of our recovery I suppose. If our energy level is up for it, definitely. We need Anthony to recover so that we can play him there, and Scott will need to recover quickly as well. Pogba, not sure if he can be available, but he can come in as a sub and would be helpful. Keeping the rotation active and smart is what's going to help us through that period.

Green_Red

If we can win a couple of these games we should have a lot of confidence at the end of these 5 games.

The standout game for me is City. PSG and RB we can take points off in the CL, I expect we should qualify for the next round. No guarantees though, but the City game will be a marker for where we are in terms of the league and where we can go with that.

PoTMS

It's a Wed game after a difficult Sun game that required a come back win. So only 2 full days, and the majority of the 3rd day, however, it's at OT.
It will all depend on the quality of our recovery I suppose. If our energy level is up for it, definitely. We need Anthony to recover so that we can play him there, and Scott will need to recover quickly as well. Pogba, not sure if he can be available, but he can come in as a sub and would be helpful. Keeping the rotation active and smart is what's going to help us through that period.
72 hours+ is more than enough time for recovery. We must play our strongest team v PSG. Rotation can be utilised against Leipzig and Sheffield United.

CM

December is going to be carnage. It doesn't get any easier in terms of scheduling after those 5 games either.

We've already started getting a few injuries. It's almost as important to navigate this period without losing more players than the results themselves.

Irwin99

Don't want to be negative but PSG really need to win that game which, if they do, sets us up for an uncomfortable game in Germany against a team that i'm sure won't collapse like they did in the first game. Could be tricky. A point against PSG would be great.

Winning the PSG game or getting a draw gives the squad some much needed rest. I don't think Ole will put a second string team out against Everton later in the month either so December could be very hectic. I fancy us against City though.

Gasolin

72 hours+ is more than enough time for recovery. We must play our strongest team v PSG. Rotation can be utilised against Leipzig and Sheffield United.
Still tight, albeit better than one day less indeed.
We don't know how the game will go against PSG, I think we need to target the time between the 30mn and the 60mn, as it gives us a 15mn break and we can try to up the intensity in those.
But most likely, I think we are going to try to press high and strong very early in the game to score one or two, and then simply sit back and counter to rest our players as much as possible for the next game, then use all 5 subs.

Gasolin

If I am not mistaken, our whole run is kind of crazy for a while now?

CL: Man United vs PSG (02/12/2020) 3d
PL: West Ham vs Man United (05/12/2020) 3d
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United (08/12/2020) 3d
PL: Man United vs Man City (12/12/2020) 4d
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United (17/12/2020) 5d
PL: Man United vs Leeds United (20/12/2020) 3d
EFL: Everton vs Man United (23/12/2020) 3d
PL: Leicester City vs Man United (26/12/2020) 3d
PL: Man United vs Wolves (29/12/2020) 3d
PL: Man United vs Aston Villa (02/01/2021) 3d

Then we have 10d to face Fulham away... We better make sure our players spread the minutes very very well to avoid any kind of long term injury.
And give us a chance to keep our energy level high enough to win.

SinNombre

You think we will lose both of our CL games? :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Oh a BVB fan. What did I expect? Of course, it would be nonsense then.
What goes in the head of a BvB fan living in Dortmund to go and post on an English club's forum and then try and be negative about that team, like how insecure you must be.

Red_toad

CL: Man United vs PSG - 2-0
PL: West Ham vs Man United 0-1
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United 1-1

I fancy us to beat PSG, as they need to win and we can hit them on the break, which is our strength and they're not so good defensively. Hammers will be a tough game, but I expect us to scrap a victory. City match will be the usual players rolling round trying to get others sent off breaking up play etc and I expect us to comfortably see off Sheff Utd.

lex talionis

Every upcoming opponent is a dogfight. Best not to look to too far ahead into future.

nyanza

A borefest draw is also enough to secure qualification so I wouldn't mind it.

saeed

Not getting any easier. 5 games in 15 days.

CL: Man United vs PSG (02/12/2020)
PL: West Ham vs Man United (05/12/2020)
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United (08/12/2020)
PL: Man United vs Man City (12/12/2020)
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United (17/12/2020)
Can see 4 wins

The United

You can see why Ole has been rotating players carefully for the last few games to make them fit for this coming month. The likes of Williams, Greenwood, VDB, Matic, Pogba and Bailey need some match fitness.

I believe that we are getting fitter and might be in better shape than most other teams due to having to start late this season.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
If I am not mistaken, our whole run is kind of crazy for a while now?

CL: Man United vs PSG (02/12/2020) 3d
PL: West Ham vs Man United (05/12/2020) 3d
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United (08/12/2020) 3d
PL: Man United vs Man City (12/12/2020) 4d
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United (17/12/2020) 5d
PL: Man United vs Leeds United (20/12/2020) 3d
EFL: Everton vs Man United (23/12/2020) 3d
PL: Leicester City vs Man United (26/12/2020) 3d
PL: Man United vs Wolves (29/12/2020) 3d
PL: Man United vs Aston Villa (02/01/2021) 3d

Then we have 10d to face Fulham away... We better make sure our players spread the minutes very very well to avoid any kind of long term injury.
And give us a chance to keep our energy level high enough to win.
Its insane really, but we're not the only club with a packed schedule and as long as AWB, Maguire, Fred, Bruno and Rashford stay relatively fit i think we will be fine. We have a lot more depth this year than last year

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think we'll set up to counter attack against PSG, they need to attack so it'll suit us. We can get away with at least a point.

RB are the worst team in this group so I'm fully confident with us progressing.

Number of injured players is an issue. Both left backs, McTominay, what about Martial?

SATA

I’m still seething that we failed to get even a point in Turkey and we now need a point in our last two toughest games left instead of resting players for these :mad:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we can beat PSG, RB Leipzig will become meaningless game. So I think it's important not to lose to PSG to secure next round and it'll be great to beat them to secure top of the group and we can rest players for City game.

WWLWW

cyberman

Why is Sheff Utd there?
We will more than likely be able to field a reserve side against RBL as well and we are a more difficult game for City than they are for us imo

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I’m still seething that we failed to get even a point in Turkey and we now need a point in our last two toughest games left instead of resting players for these :mad:
A point in Turkey wouldn’t have made much difference because the other teams can still reach 12 points. We need one more point because that means PSG/RBL drop two themselves.

Mike Smalling

Came to post something like this. Having less pressure in the two CL games in this run, would have been a huge help. Hopefully the results go our way Wednesday, so the Leipzig game becomes less important.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A point in Turkey wouldn’t have made much difference because the other teams can still reach 12 points. We need one more point because that means PSG/RBL drop two themselves.
Had we won that, we would have been through however.

Either ways, hope we get a point vs PSG or RB lose to Istanbul. Don't want this going to GW6

Member 90887

A draw against PSG and we will go through, even if we lose our last game (head to head).

A win against PSG and we will top the group.

A draw against PSG and RBL drawing as well means we top the group.

A loss against PSG and RBL losing will see us qualifying, unless we lose by a lot against RBL.

So i'd say that we'll probably qualify this wednesday with a game to spare.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think we need to be looking to beat PSG, in all honesty. I'd be very disappointed to see us park the bus, we're not good enough defensively to rely on a tactic like that.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

CL: Man United vs PSG (02/12/2020) Win
PL: West Ham vs Man United (05/12/2020) Win
CL: RB Leipzig vs Man United (08/12/2020) Draw
PL: Man United vs Man City (12/12/2020) Win
PL: Sheffield United vs Man United (17/12/2020) Win