Our Next 5 Games

Denis' cuff

You got to remember that we have played 3 matches every 7/8 days since August. How many of those teams on that list have had that same crazy pace? Wolves? The rest are relatively having a leisurely stroll.

At some point, our tank will start to run on empty.
wish people would feck off with this shite. We have not played 50 games since August. Yep, Sunday/Wednesday/Saturday is 3 games in a week. The following week is probably 1 game.

fecking simpletons. What are you trying to prove? Other top teams actually have a similar roster. I’m as red-eyed as they come but ffs... it isn’t really difficult - for most of us

youngrell

wish people would feck off with this shite. We have not played 50 games since August. Yep, Sunday/Wednesday/Saturday is 3 games in a week. The following week is probably 1 game.

fecking simpletons. What are you trying to prove? Other top teams actually have a similar roster. I’m as red-eyed as they come but ffs... it isn’t really difficult - for most of us
Our season started on 19 September this year, so it is more condensed than usual and more than the majority of other teams.

You're right that it isn't as congested as others have mentioned, but Sunday will be our 21st game in 13 weeks I think, so one every 4.3 days. And it is not letting up for another couple of weeks either.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This is the important point to take. Leicester are going to be shagged with fatigue by the time we play them given their injury issues. While Wolves/Villa have fairly small squads. It's a good run of fixtures for us imo.
Wolves have 46h from their game against Spurs end to they play at OT. Meanwhile we will have a day and a half extra rest. With their thin squad and style of play they'll surely have to prioritise one of the games. Sensible thing would be to go all out vs Spurs and treat the United game as recovery.

Leicester will also have to prioritise with United and Palace within 48 hours. I don't see how the likes of Vardy can start both games so hopefully he gets his rest vs us.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Hmm.. forgive me for as I had not realised that you were a professional athlete and not some random Football Manager 2005 champ to worse still some 300lbs fat kid playing computer games in your mum's basement.

Apologies. You would know better than most how running at full speed for kilometres in 90mins, physical contact/tackles on the ankles or shins multiple times in a match would have a little impact on your body -- and no recover or healing time to boot.

Yah, I am the simpleton. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Polar

Top of the league in 5 games time, we really are coming back, a few solid Jan signings and the title is within reach :drool:
Definitely. At the same time a golden opportunity to have 10 PL-matches in a row without losing :drool:

Dominos

Yup. 90 points is the average for the last 10 seasons (bit skewed because of the last 3, but not too much). Only 3 prem seasons with fewer points than 80, and they were all in the 90s (two of them ours).
Thinking about it more, you need to look at the 2nd place team to see what would have been enough to win the league in each season. City getting 100 points wasn't really neccessary when we were 2nd with just 81 points.

Having said that 2nd place gets more than 76 points in large majority of seasons so averaging 2 points per game is still not good enough.

Chief123

You think we will lose both of our CL games? :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Oh a BVB fan. What did I expect? Of course, it would be nonsense then.
It was more nonsense to dismiss that we could have lost both champions league games. When I suggested a loss in both was a decent probability I was laughed at with arrogance similar to this post.

Jaap

Next five games:

PL: Man United vs Leeds 2-2
LC: Everton vs Man United 3-2
PL: Leicester City vs Man United 1-2
PL: Man United vs Wolverhampton 1-0
PL: Man United vs Aston Villa 2-0

Robbo*

Next five games:

would be a shame to go out of the league cup at this stage again, but those results in the league would put us in a good position, with potential for a January signing if anyone comes available.

Lentwood

If someone had told me we would get 7pts from those three PL fixtures I would have snapped their hand off.

There’s a massive opportunity to finish 2nd this year just by beating the “bottom 14” consistently which means games like Everton, Southampton and West Ham away are all absolutely key for me. They are the games that tell me whether we are improving under Ole

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Next five games:

I’ll take that all day!

Denis' cuff

Our season started on 19 September this year, so it is more condensed than usual and more than the majority of other teams.

You're right that it isn't as congested as others have mentioned, but Sunday will be our 21st game in 13 weeks I think, so one every 4.3 days. And it is not letting up for another couple of weeks either.
so less than 2 games per week, never mind 3.

Jaap

Next five games:

Just the two predictions at the end that were correct.