Our options are limited, who next?

What are people's thoughts on Eddie Howe? Young, talented English manager who is doing a tremendous job at Bournemouth and has them playing some decent stuff.

I know he's untested, but he could be the next big thing in managerial terms.
Go back a few pages x

M16Red

Just sack Mourinho first and put Conte or Zidane in charge till the end of the season. In the mean time get the right DOF in, who can then bring in the full time manager from the summer.
Conte, really at-lest 4 players have said they wouldn't be at Chel$ea if he was still there and one of them is Hazard

Either Deschamps

Or

Eddie Howe with Wenger as DOF
Eddie Howe - I watched Bournemouth today VS Palace and the second half he made a change which completely changed to game.

Not only that, but the type of play was so good. Lots of width and they actually had that bit of grit needed in the EPL.

Not complex football just football.

goofygoofygoofy

The options are limited because we're looking to hire a manager during the season. If we hire an interim manager and start looking ahead to the summer, our options will begin to broaden. I'd rather get a manager we really wanted in the summer and not get one now just because he's a name and is available. Plus, it will give us the chance to set up an infrastructure at the club as Arsenal did with Wenger leaving. This, for me, is the real change that needs to be made at the club.

Mani

I would say we need give this to McKenna,it’s not going to get worst then this,he would have enough time from now till end of the season we would’ve more time time to assess him,in case we find positives provide him with short contract at end of the season where he would’ve covered two transfers to bring in necessary changes.He would also have less pressure covering rest of the season unlike other manager Jardim or Zidane,who would have pressure from the start.

bonothom

I'll take Zidane. If we want to go a little left field what about Jardim at Monaco. Developed some great young talent before they were all sold, won the title against the odds. I think United need to appoint a technical director first though.

Dinesh Tomar

As I have mentioned in other thread we must hire a positive attack minded manager this time. I am pretty sure Brendan Rodgers will suit us perfectly as he has experience in the league and at top level too. We need to buy better players with EPL experience instead of other leagues. That's where we are making wrong decisions in recent years. But as always we will hire someone like Ancelloti.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@giorno What do you think about Rudi Garcia? He plays attacking football, has shown that he can implement his systems with different type of players but he has never had the luxury to purchase whoever he wanted.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno What do you think about Rudi Garcia? He plays attacking football, has shown that he can implement his systems with different type of players but he has never had the luxury to purchase whoever he wanted.
Good manager, but from what i saw at roma, not big club material

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Get an experienced Technical Director, and get a coach with a modern attacking approach to football. At this point, experience has failed us, so whether they've won trophies or not I don't care.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
I'll be absolutely laughing if Conte become the next United manager.. he was mocked here endlessly, and during the feud with Mourinho too. Would be too Funny if replaces your Special One.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'll be absolutely laughing if Conte become the next United manager.. he was mocked here endlessly, and during the feud with Mourinho too. Would be too Funny if replaces your Special One.
You could say the same thing about Mourinho.:)

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Get an experienced Technical Director, and get a coach with a modern attacking approach to football. At this point, experience has failed us, so whether they've won trophies or not I don't care.
Basically what he said. A young coach with a fresh approach, devoid of Jose's bitterness might do the trick, and might be easier to obtain than the next "proven" manager. Someone of the ilk of Nagelsmann.

AlwaysRed66

I certainly wouldn't be laughing. Another dead man walking within a year of falling out with everyone, with turd football. Unlike Chelsea we wouldn't have the satisfaction of even winning a major title either. Repeat of Mourinho.

Parry Gallister

If Mou doesn't work out, no more pragmatism (short termism) and we need to modernise - we've got the 'best' of the last decades and it hasn't worked. Progressive positive young coach like Nagelsmann and a DOF, preferably both picks having experience of building a team. If.

Last edited:

Ahsan_6386

Well Conte on a short term contract till the end of season isn't that bad to be honest . He is a proven name who does well in league games . We can give him time till the end of season and monitor the progress he makes . We can then decide a long term solution next summer . Its better than letting Mourinho run us down more . Pogba has played under Conte before so atleast we can let all the Pogba stories die down for time being . With a new manager be it anyone the players will be more motivated .

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Shame on all on those who are calling for Conte and want to see Mourinho dumped as well. An absolute astounding lack of awareness and understanding.

Slysi17

Jurgen Klopp was in the same situation with Dortmund before Liverpool hired him. So Liverpool should of never touched Klopp with a barge pole going by your argument. A big name manager is no guarantee which we have learnt.[/QUOTE]