Our overall strongest eleven

simplyared

The eleven as put forward in the OP goes without saying. However qualitywise (which is a different question) I'm not so enthusiastic as so many others about Fred.

flappyjay

curious on this Tuanzebe over lindelöf thing. is it becouse his english, academy or putting up workout videos on social media?
Becouse it cant be what he shown on the pitch so far.
Worst lindelof has a case for being batter than Maguire over the past few weeks.

romufc

Don't know what you want me to say?Lindelof is clearly not cut for this league, Samillings at Roma, Bailly is injury prone and a liability and Rojo is not really a CB or a back (or really good at any position for that matter). I understand people want Lindelof to make it but I just don't see it. It doesn't make Jones great though and it is a grim reflection of our squad depth. We will be signing another CB in the summer.
Tuanzebe.

norm87cro

Fair enough mate but have we really seen enough of him to justify first team football? Personally I would like him to make it.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yes that probably is our best, though I do agree with many others that there is a case for Tuanzebe over Lindelof.

We need better options in midfield and attack. We were genuinely woeful in midfield when McTominay and Pogba were both injured, James should be an impact player, and we need another striker.

Steve Bruce

We need a proper right sided attacker and have done for years.

We need minimum 2 cm, a lb, Cb & striker.

6 players are needed for our first team and those that are losing their places then would be our back up players.

Cost is the issue though, your probably talking 300m+

Noc-Z

ffs
........................SIGNING/Martial...............
James/Rashford.........................SIGNING
...........................SIGNING..........................
..............Fred..................McTominay...........
SIGNING...Maguire...Lindelof...Wan-Bissaka
..............................De Gea.............................

Something like that?

I definitely don't agree with any line-up that has Shaw at LB!!!

red4ever 79

Yeah, that but maybe questions at LB.
For sure Shaw doesnt belong in our strongest XI. Been bang average this season. I wouuld even have Tuanzebe there out of position instead of him. He played there against Arsenal earlier in the season and did better than what Shaw offers.

A-man

For sure Shaw doesnt belong in our strongest XI. Been bang average this season. I wouuld even have Tuanzebe there out of position instead of him. He played there against Arsenal earlier in the season and did better than what Shaw offers.
I disagree. I have never seen Shaw as bad as Tuanzebe playing left back against Arsenal. It did not look natural to him and he really suffered from being wrong footed in that position.

red4ever 79

I disagree. I have never seen Shaw as bad as Tuanzebe playing left back against Arsenal. It did not look natural to him and he really suffered from being wrong footed in that position.
I thought he did quite well, considering that isnt his natural position. That being said Shaw get's nowhere near a Utd strongest XI. Would have Young, Williams ahead of him at least. Dont get the Shaw hype whatsoever.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sorry I just see him as some one who would be better for us in the long run.
He might be. Or he may be sold to West Brom within 2 years. Not a dead cert to me by any stretch personally, but all about opinions of course.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yeah, easily the better player. Stronger, more composed, comfortable with the ball.
Lindelöfs lack of strenght has already cost us a few games this season.
How can you say that Tuanzebe, having hardly played any Premier League football, is easily better than a guy who's played the level for 2 seasons and is a full international?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Also, I'd say Greenwood vs James in some games is arguable as Greenwood is left-footed and that noticeably brings something different to our attack with his passing and dribbling direction.

Of course in terms of who's better, James is ahead of him right now.
That's the amazing thinng about Greenwood. He's actually right footed but equally good with his left with shooting, passing and crossing. But you can tell he's right footed when he dribbles...

Zlatattack

Forgetting about injuries for a minute, would you agree our strongest eleven is?

de Gea
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred
Pogba
James Martial Rashford
I feel like one of the biggest reasons for our slump the last few years is the lack of having a set starting eleven. Liverpool, Leicester and City all have one, again injuries notwithstanding. We've chopped and changed for years now.

Once we get Pogba back is that eleven the way to go? To be honest I'd probably be more comfortable with Smalling over Lindelof, terrible decision letting him go out on loan.
That's our best 11. It's a strong team but not without weaknesses.

1. Fullbacks don't attack well.
  2. Fred doesn't do well under pressure.
  3. Attackers don't get onto the end of crosses.
  4. Striker unable to play with its back to the defence, limited hold up ability.
  5. Team struggles to break down compact defences.
  6. We don't do triangles quickly which slows down transition. Isn't helped by players not getting in between the lines.
A lot of the above stuff can be coached, some of it requires new personnel in the squad. If this team played 15-20 games together without great interuption we'd be a decent side.

The weak squad piles onto the injuries, we end up overplaying players, this means we can't get our best 11 out often enough so it limits the chemistry on the pitch.

romufc

That's the amazing thinng about Greenwood. He's actually right footed but equally good with his left with shooting, passing and crossing. But you can tell he's right footed when he dribbles...
He passes with his left almost every time though, and prefers to shoot with left.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Opposite, he's left footed, but very very good with his right too. Watching him play you can see he favors the left. He's far better on his weaker foot than 95% of footballers though. He sometimes passes up good chances to shoot with the right so he can cut onto the left, a natural right footer wouldn't do that.

Crashoutcassius

Tough to say an xi that has never played together is definitely our best 11. Appreciate we want to squeeze our big names in somewhere... Also, with United more than most teams I think it depends on opponent

A-man

I thought he did quite well, considering that isnt his natural position. That being said Shaw get's nowhere near a Utd strongest XI. Would have Young, Williams ahead of him at least. Dont get the Shaw hype whatsoever.
I think he was awful tbh, but agree that Shaw is not part of United's strongest XI right now. To me Williams looks like a candidate in maybe 2-3 years, but right now I would put Young there. However I expect Shaw to improve and take that spot.

A-man

How can you say that Tuanzebe, having hardly played any Premier League football, is easily better than a guy who's played the level for 2 seasons and is a full international?
It is based on hopes. People believe Tuanzebe should be our first choice CB when he has not even played one (1) full PL match in that position.

dutchred

I think we have the makings of a good team
The defense is good just need to stop playing Young and use Shaw and Williams. Laird is a good back up for AWB and Axel is good back up for Lindelof anf Maguire.
Midfield is the problem. If everyone is fit then Fred Mac and Paul is as good any in the league. The problem is depth. If one or two are injured or suspended we have no good back ups. Garner and Levitt may be long term but are not yet ready. We need a couple of experienced midfielders asap. Up front we are not bad but again back up is the problem. Martial is often injured and James relies too much on speed. Cant break down packed defences. I would love to get Ziyech. Can play wide right but also as a 10. He has the skills to break down packed defences and a good work rate. We only need need 3 players in my opinion.
2 to back up Mac and Fred and a player with the ability to beat players in a tight space.
Not easy to find but that's we pay scouts

Irwin99

Goal keeper is fine. I'm starting to have a lot more faith in the centre back pair and although they've not been as dominant as they could be I think they're mostly a pretty solid base. I actually think our full backs are the biggest issue. We know what AWB's best attribute is but there's more to being a right back than just tackling and I have no faith at all in that left side. AWB will improve though. Doesn't seem to be injury prone so far and has years ahead of him to get better.

Midfield- good workers but I'm not sure about its ability at dominating possession against the best teams, especially at the level we want to get to.

Attack- Rashford should have the LW spot nailed down for years to come. Not convinced at all about Martial, James will improve. We have no number 10 and I cant envisage Pogba staying next season.

Basis for optimism there but a few urgent areas that need fixing.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Opposite, he's left footed, but very very good with his right too. Watching him play you can see he favors the left. He's far better on his weaker foot than 95% of footballers though. He sometimes passes up good chances to shoot with the right so he can cut onto the left, a natural right footer wouldn't do that.
Actually, I think you are right. I had it backwards. He dribbles more with his left. But if I look at this video I'm still not sure. I'm not even sure if he know... :lol: :lol: :lol: